Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ed[_1_]
Forum: Technology October 12th 06, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By ed[_1_]
supercapacitors instead of batteries in electric cars

Have you tried a FLUX capacitor? I have seen them take a direct hit from a
lightning bolt.
:) sorry in advance.... I couldnt resist.

More seriously though, hydrogen power is promising once they...
Forum: Technology October 10th 06, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By ed[_1_]
Mazda Miata theft attempt?

thanks folks.
I have forwarded this to my son. He seems to think the entire panel was
never pulled off but I cant for the life of me
understand why they yanked the top along the window out, unless...
Forum: Technology October 8th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ed[_1_]
96 Chevy S10 won't start

You may want to load test the battery in a store, just to be sure you even
have a good one of those.

"RichTXn via CarKB.com" <u27573@uwe> wrote in message
>I have a 96...
Forum: Technology October 8th 06, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By ed[_1_]
Mazda Miata theft attempt?

I just finished repairing a slice in my sons vinyl top on his Miata after
someone got in and stole some cd's and sunglasses.
What was interesting is they jarred the passenger door inner panel loose...
Forum: Technology October 7th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By ed[_1_]
Perpetual Motion Car

lol.
Unless your in space or going downhill or toally frictionless, you aint
going very far for very long without propulsion my friend.

"Rodan" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology October 7th 06, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By ed[_1_]
Battery dies in car

I like GLicks answer on the ammeter. Just like an unfaithful woman, one day
you'll catch it :) . 25 for a switch isnt expensive for one of that rating.
Marine stores carry them too. I have one on...
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By ed[_1_]
help exhaust glowing

what are you using for fuel? are you adding any octane? That does that.

"JustSayGo" > wrote in message

Forum: Technology September 5th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By ed[_1_]
engine stalls when hard braking

water in the gas maybe? or low gas?
> wrote in message
>
> this pertains to a 1996 ford ESCORT LX sw, w/ at, ac,...
Forum: Technology September 3rd 06, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ed[_1_]
compression readingpenings, cold vs. hot

AS long as the 140 is happening at the right time, and its running good, I
dont see a problem. You have 140 hot and cold.
The 30 is a throwaway number if its happening any other time other than on...
Forum: Technology August 7th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ed[_1_]
sport track ford 2001 brake easing to floor

Replaced the booster, and the master cylinder, adjusted back shoes and
replaced front pads.
About 1 out of 10 stops give me an extra requirement to push a little harder
on the brake. At that time...
Forum: Technology August 5th 06, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ed[_1_]
sport track ford 2001 brake easing to floor

on order. I'll report back tomorrow when I change it.
That may explain why the fluid was brackish?

"Kevin" > wrote in message

> "ed"...
Forum: Technology August 5th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ed[_1_]
sport track ford 2001 brake easing to floor

I have 90K miles on this Sport Trak. When I step on the brake I get what
feels like a good pedal until a few seconds then it eases to the floor about
3/4 of the way. (yes I wrote of this a while...
Forum: Technology July 30th 06, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By ed[_1_]
Water dripping after using the A/C is normal?

I'd say if you didnt see condensate dripping you had problems. What your
seeing just means its working.

"George Lin, editor in chief of Intellibridge" >
wrote in message...
Forum: Technology July 29th 06, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By ed[_1_]
Ford Explorer Brakes Slow responding

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sporttrak where when we push the brake pedal
down it acts almost like it wants to go into anitlock pulsing but then
finally starts to grab and stop the vehicle. This is...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14