Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bernsax
Forum: Dodge April 9th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 2
Posted By bernsax
Stratus Transmission

I just read Consumer Reports Annual Auto Issue and saw a black circle next
to the transmission of a 2004 Dodge Stratus. Of course that means the
transmission is a trouble area on this particular...
Forum: Chrysler February 20th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By bernsax
2,7 Engine

I always hear the bad things about the 2.7 and the sludge problem. (After
I bought one).

Even read stories about those who changed the oil with synthetic every
3,000 miles and they still had a...
Forum: Dodge February 19th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By bernsax
Amsoil

Would any of you out there run Amsoil either 25,000 miles or one year as
advertised.

I have a 2.7 engine
Forum: Dodge September 16th 06, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 16
Posted By bernsax
Tire Pressure

In the past, I have always put 35 pounds of pressure in my car tires and
have had great luck in achieving maximum tire tread life. Of course, 35
pounds has been the maximum pressure indicated on the...
Forum: Dodge August 13th 06, 07:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 3
Posted By bernsax
Sludge removal

After reading responses to my question about the 2.7 engine, I am curious
about removing possible existing sludge. I think I now understand the
problem with the timing chain of this engine.

The car...
Forum: Dodge July 24th 06, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 14
Posted By bernsax
Oil for 2.7 Engine

Thanks to all for imput. The actual reason I am concerned about the oil is
a friend of mine is a shop foreman for a used car dealership.

He told me that there were 6 Dodge products sitting at his...
Forum: Dodge July 23rd 06, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 14
Posted By bernsax
Oil for 2.7 Engine

After reading the Stratus manual, Chrysler recommends using their brand
MS9214 Oil when using regular fuel or MS6395 when using ethanol.

In the past I have used Casterol brand oil in all my vehicles...
Forum: Dodge July 10th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 1
Posted By bernsax
2.7 Engine

I posted a question about the potential timing chain problem with the 2.7
engine. I only had one response.

What is the experience that others on this board has had?

Has it been a reliable engine? ...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8