Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JH
Forum: VW water cooled February 21st 07, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel New Cylinder Head Leaks Oil In Coolant

I replaced the cylinder head, cylinder head bolts, timing belt,
tensioner, and head gasket on my 78 VW Rabbit Diesel. It runs great,
but now leaks a small quantity of oil into the coolant. I...
Forum: VW water cooled December 1st 06, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Starter Not Working Solenoid Question

JH wrote:
> The starter died on my 78 VW Rabbit Diesel.
>
> I replaced the bad starter with a rebuilt Autolite starter. When I
> engaged the starter, the starter motor spun, but did not make...
Forum: VW water cooled December 1st 06, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Starter Not Working Solenoid Question

The starter died on my 78 VW Rabbit Diesel.

I replaced the bad starter with a rebuilt Autolite starter. When I
engaged the starter, the starter motor spun, but did not make contact
with the...
Forum: VW water cooled August 30th 06, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By JH
84 VW Rabbit GTI - Hard to start when hot

Regarding my recently aquired 84 VW Rabbit GTI - manual trans - 8
valve.

I have read posts regarding topics relating to hard, hot starts but
have some additional questions.

The car starts fine when...
Forum: VW water cooled August 7th 06, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel 1.5 Fuel Injector Timing Question

Thank you to all who responded. My 78 Rabbit Diesel now runs after
replacing the cylinder head, head gasket, timing belt, tensioner, and
injector heat shields. I adjusted the injector timing to...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel 1.5 Fuel Injector Timing Question

I recently replaced the cylinder head, head gasket, timing belt,
injector heat shields, timing belt, and tensioner on my 78 VW Rabbit
Diesel. The car will start and idle, but has no torque, and lots...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel 1.5 Fuel Injector Timing Question

I recently replaced the cylinder head, head gasket, timing belt,
injector heat shields, timing belt, and tensioner on my 78 VW Rabbit
Diesel. The car will start and idle, but has no torque, and lots...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question

I have a question regarding setting the fuel injection pump timing:

I have followed the steps in the Bentley manual. Using the dial, I
have found that the injection timing is set to 1.32mm. I have...
Forum: VW water cooled August 1st 06, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question

There is a notch in the injection pump sprocket that lines up with a
line on the top of the injection pump. When these two marks line up,
plug in the bolt that holds the injection sprocket in place....
Forum: VW water cooled July 30th 06, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question

I installed a head gasket with four notches just like the original.
The car smokes quite a bit when I step on it, but there is no power. I
am confident the cam, crankshaft and injector pump are...
Forum: VW water cooled July 29th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Posted By JH
78 VW Rabbit Diesel TIming Belt/Injector Timing Question

I installed a rebuilt cylinder head, cylinder head gasket, timing belt,
and tensioner on my 78 VW Diesel Rabbit.

The car now idles, but does not have power, and stalls when
accelerating.

I...
Forum: VW water cooled July 27th 06, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By JH
VW Rabbit Diesel will not start after cylinder head was replaced - help

I just completed installing a rebuilt cylinder head, timing belt, and
tensioner, in my 78 VW Rabbit Diesel. The engine turns over, but will
not start. It looks like a fuel delivery problem because...
Forum: VW water cooled July 27th 06, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By JH
VW Rabbit Diesel will not start after cylinder head was replaced - help

I just completed installing a rebuilt cylinder head, timing belt, and
tensioner, in my 78 VW Rabbit Diesel. The engine turns over, but will
not start. It looks like a fuel delivery problem because...
Forum: VW water cooled July 4th 06, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By JH
VW Rabbit Timing Belt Tensioner - help removing

Regarding 78 VW Diesel Rabbit:

Could Dave or maybe someone else in the group help me with a new
problem?

I think the timing belt slipped or the cam moved when I put the belt
back on after I...
Forum: VW water cooled July 3rd 06, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

wrote:
> > There
> > must be an easy way of backing it out and removing it, but I can't
> > figure it out.
>
> I got mine out by jacking the engine up by the oil pan a little bit
Forum: VW water cooled July 2nd 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By JH
VW Rabbit Timing Belt Tensioner - help removing

I am replacing the timing belt and tensioner on a 78 VW Rabbit diesel.
I can't seem to find a way to remove the tensioner. After removing the
bolt holding the tensioner in place, the tensioner...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16