Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: j[_1_]
Forum: VW air cooled August 31st 06, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 17
Posted By j[_1_]
To ALL: How to respond to WATERCOOLED posts

"Mac" > wrote in message

> Maybe Aircooled folks should start asking aircoold questions on the
> watercooled group?

oooooh, good...
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 43
Posted By j[_1_]
Kind of sad how people act.

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> > And a bigger house. With a garage :)
>>
>> Jan
>
> u bet....absolutie necessity.....i need one...
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 43
Posted By j[_1_]
Kind of sad how people act.

"Jan" > wrote:

> I'm adjusting great, things are going very well and I love it here.
> I just need a damn job to get us in better shape economically.

How much of the USA have...
Forum: VW air cooled August 18th 06, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By j[_1_]
oil temp.

187 wrote:
> i am using a meat thermometer in the dipstick hole to check oil temp.

Hey. Yer screwed. Now don't take that as a Bad Thing. I used a Gene Berg
thermo to bake my Thanksgiving turkey. It...
Forum: VW air cooled August 13th 06, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By j[_1_]
JS...are you anonymous

>i think you are....

I dinna understand, Chris.
Forum: VW air cooled August 13th 06, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By j[_1_]
VW enthusiasts take care of their own

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> you see the cover of the new Hot vw's? a volksrod built by KCW was cover
> car....not a bad ride...

Very cool, Chris. This is the kind of stuff that keeps...
Forum: VW air cooled August 12th 06, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

> very cool group of guys and gals over there....i don't post much (four
> posts in a couple years i think)...
Forum: VW air cooled August 12th 06, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By j[_1_]
VW enthusiasts take care of their own

oops. Never mind, Chris. I figured it out.

Very cool forum.
Forum: VW air cooled August 12th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

> hey folks....Not sure how many of you read other forums, specifically
> Volksrodder.com. One of the...
Forum: VW air cooled August 7th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By j[_1_]
Engine quits ~10 seconds after starting

Is the wire to the fuel-shutoff good?
It's near the base of the carb.
Forum: VW air cooled August 5th 06, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By j[_1_]
A pretty cool seller. It's me. John. Honest, tjhis is a good thing.

"Remco" > wrote:

> Badges? Badges?? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!

Hah! You made my day.
Forum: VW air cooled August 5th 06, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By j[_1_]
A pretty cool seller. It's me. John. Honest, tjhis is a good thing.

This guy has some very cool badges. I've got a couple of them. He's
reliable. THIS IS NOT SPAM, but a kindly tip for the rest from a cynical guy
who has never done this before.

See:...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By j[_1_]
Okay, what's under the New Beetle?

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> A4 platform
> Same as previous generation Golf/Jetta

Aw, now I'm really confused. So the...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Kidd" > wrote in message

> First off, you arew in the wrong newsgroup. Watercooled VW talk belongs in
> the WATERCOOLED VW group,...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> nope...its a golfball...round golf....guess it'll be a fat rabbit next
> year, eh?

You are Da Man, Joey. Thanks for that. So she is stupid and so WAS...
Forum: VW air cooled August 2nd 06, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By j[_1_]
Okay, what's under the New Beetle?

House next door sold and new neighbor moved in and saw my Bugs and said, "I
have a VW, too. It's a Jeta."

It's a New Beetle.

So maybe she's being kind and smarter than me? Is the New Beetle really...
Forum: VW air cooled July 29th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By j[_1_]
Generator Shaft not locked to pulley - can't undo.

"scream" > wrote in message
> [...] the shaft is
> turning and isn't locking onto the pulley so I can't lock it with...
Forum: VW air cooled July 28th 06, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By j[_1_]
Help...need some parts for my '68 Beetle and I can't find them anywhere!

> wrote:
> - 2 Bolts for Seat Belt Buckle on Transmission tunnel
> - 2 Bolts (Driver and Passenger) that bolt to the heater channel
> - 2 Bolts (Driver and Passenger) that bolt...
Forum: VW air cooled July 22nd 06, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By j[_1_]
VW Maintenance Reality Check

> wrote:

> By comparison, in the mechanical sense an air cooled Volkswagen is
> about as complicated as a two-cell flashlight

Damn, that's discouraging. Guess I'll stick to oil...
Forum: VW air cooled July 22nd 06, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By j[_1_]
OT Ebay Scam

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
> If you list a lot of items on ebay you might want to be aware in case
Forum: VW air cooled July 22nd 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
Posted By j[_1_]
For the Muir fans

Thanks for the tip, Shag.
I'll see that the library buys a copy.

I never did get it perfectly clear, but wasn't 'our' John Muir the orginal's
grandson?
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22