Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vijay
Forum: BMW March 14th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 41
Posted By Vijay
Odometer discrepancy

Need some advice folks. I am in the UK. I have signed an agreement to
part exchange my BMW for another BMW through a non-BMW gargage. I have
since done a check through RAC and they report an...
Forum: BMW June 2nd 07, 08:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Vijay
"BMW convertible no longer a ragtop"

On Jun 2, 2:31 am, Mike > wrote:
> BMW convertible no longer a ragtop
> Barely removed from its plastic rear-window days, BMW introduces its
> new 3-Series steel-top...
Forum: BMW March 31st 07, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 34
Posted By Vijay
engineoil grade for BMW diesel engines

On Mar 30, 4:16 pm, GunnarH > wrote:
> Hello Vijay,
>
> The car that you have newly bought, what did you pay for it? What is 16£
> compared to that sum? Any guarantees would...
Forum: BMW March 31st 07, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mar 30, 10:39 pm, wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2007 14:11:57 -0700, "Vijay" > wrote:
>

> >On Mar 30, 4:16 pm, GunnarH > wrote:
> >> Hello...
Forum: BMW March 30th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 34
Posted By Vijay
engineoil grade for BMW diesel engines

On Mar 30, 4:16 pm, GunnarH > wrote:
> Hello Vijay,
>
> The car that you have newly bought, what did you pay for it? What is 16£
> compared to that sum? Any guarantees would...
Forum: BMW March 27th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 34
Posted By Vijay
engineoil grade for BMW diesel engines

On Mar 27, 10:16 am, "Dave Plowman (News)" >
wrote:
> In article >,
> Vijay > wrote:
>
> > Thanks...
Forum: BMW March 26th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mar 26, 8:35 pm, "Nick" > wrote:
> My 2001 530D burned no oil between changes from new to when I sold it at a
> mere 30,000 miles - and I drove it quite hard and it was chipped at...
Forum: BMW March 26th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mar 26, 8:57 am, wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2007 14:56:40 -0700, "Vijay" > wrote:
>

> >On Mar 25, 10:10 pm, wrote:
> >> On 25 Mar 2007 12:31:25...
Forum: BMW March 25th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mar 25, 10:10 pm, wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2007 12:31:25 -0700, "Vijay" > wrote:
>
> >I have a BMW 335 diesel. It needs about a liter of engine oil. BMW is
> >asking...
Forum: BMW March 25th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 34
Posted By Vijay
engineoil grade for BMW diesel engines

I have a BMW 335 diesel. It needs about a liter of engine oil. BMW is
asking £16.00 for a liter. Is there an alternative I can buy from
Halfords or elsewhere that will be equivalent to the BMW grade?...
Forum: BMW January 15th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Vijay
Electric windows opening all by themselves!

admin wrote:

> Problem isn't the car - it's operator error. Replace wife.

Hahahahahaha!!!! ROTFL!!!

Vijay
Forum: BMW December 26th 06, 10:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Vijay
Run flat tyres

If it is a false wanning, which it is quite likely to be, you need to
set this electronic self monitoring gauge properly. Make sure you have
inflated the tyres evenly and according to specs (cold...
Forum: BMW December 13th 06, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 68
Posted By Vijay
Don't like the time between oil changes

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> grinder > wrote:
> > > No room for discussion, then. But what...
Forum: BMW December 12th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Vijay
E36 window drop/raise failed

Andrew Morton wrote:
> My car (UK spec E36 coupe) has the problem where the driver's door window
> does not drop/raise when opening/closing the door. The window works
> otherwise. I suspect the...
Forum: BMW November 14th 06, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 30
Posted By Vijay
E46 runs out of gas

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> My daughter has run her '00 3 Series out of gas a couple of times, but the
> Range button displays upwards of 30 miles remaining. she fills the tank
> everytime she gets gas,...
Forum: BMW August 19th 06, 11:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

UPDATE:

Had the door switch replaced. As expected, didn't fix the problem.
Thought will update the group. The garage wants the car back for
detailed check to look at the electrics. It seems the...
Forum: BMW August 14th 06, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

Thanks Craig. This is what I had gathered from your earlier post.
Un-plugging the cable doesn't take the window to the sealed position.
In fact, window didn't move at all. So, I agree, it is likely...
Forum: BMW August 11th 06, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

UPDATE:

Craig: I printed your post and did what you suggested. Removed the
plate, unplugged the cable from the switch, and nothing happened. If I
read your post correctly, the window should have one...
Forum: BMW August 10th 06, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

Thanks Craig. It seems a little too technical to a luddite like me. I
did take it to a BMW franchise dealership to-day and they gave me an
estimate of £47.00 all inclusive. I didn't think it was too...
Forum: BMW August 8th 06, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

admin wrote:

> You might try resetting the window top-position switch. Key on - press
> the window button UP and hold it there for 60 seconds or so.

Thanks admin.This didn't work. I kept the UP...
Forum: BMW August 7th 06, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

You are spot on Hector. On the door sill, where the door lock latches,
there is a switch you can press in. My functioning window glass moves
the inch up and down when you press it with the door open....
Forum: BMW August 6th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Vijay
electric window problem

1996 EVO M3 UK 118,000 miles.

Normally, when the door is shut, the glass window raises a little to
effect the airlcok and when the door opens, it lowers itself an inch or
so. This is for airtight...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22