Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: njot
Forum: Technology October 1st 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 68
Posted By njot
Blown Camry Engine - need suggestions

I suppose since it only has 62,000 miles on it, it's worth putting a
new engine in it.

Did it throw a rod? If so, you would have had to have run it low on
oil for quite a while and you would have...
Forum: Technology October 1st 08, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By njot
trying to get codes from a 94 Buick Century

Hi-
The Service Engine Soon light came on on my car, which is a 94 Buick
Century with the 3.1 V6 engine.

Here is the problem I am having. Up until 1993, you could read the
codes on all of the GM...
Forum: Technology April 5th 08, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By njot
1985 Ford LTD AOD Transmission Question/Problem

Is this the big LTD Crown Victoria or the smaller LTD that was the
same size as the Fairmont? Both were rear wheel drive cars, but it
would help to know which model you're talking about.

I'm not a...
Forum: Technology April 5th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By njot
78 Firebird

On Apr 4, 3:08*pm, Larry W > wrote:
> njot wrote:
> > I have a 78 Firebird with the 400/4 barrel. *The engine is stock, as
> > it came from the factory.
> > I've tuned the...
Forum: Technology April 4th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By njot
78 Firebird

I have a 78 Firebird with the 400/4 barrel. The engine is stock, as
it came from the factory.
I've tuned the car up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor; carb was rebuilt a
while back). Normally, the car runs...
Forum: Technology January 13th 08, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By njot
motor oil in a transmission

On Jan 12, 10:47*pm, "Refinish King" >
wrote:
> ATF is a lower viscosity, and has attributes of hydraulic fluid.
>
> The whining noise you are hearing, I'm sure is the pump...
Forum: Technology January 12th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By njot
motor oil in a transmission

Does anyone know what the consequences are of putting motor oil into
an automatic transmission? Specifically a GM front wheel drive 3
speed automatic (the 125C).
Someone I know had their...
Forum: Saturn October 14th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By njot
brake light on dash stuck on

Oh yes, and the car DOES have ABS.
Not sure how that changes things, though.

On Oct 12, 4:25 pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> If it's a problem with the blake fluid level sensor, it's...
Forum: Saturn October 14th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By njot
brake light on dash stuck on

I will try tapping on the master cylinder to see if crud buildup is
holding the rod inside the M/C in the wrong position.

I guess if that doesn't work, I could try taking the master cylinder
off the...
Forum: Saturn October 10th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By njot
brake light on dash stuck on

Yes, I bled the entire system after putting the new line on because
the fluid looked like coffee. I'm sure the level is high enough in
the master cylinder, and the pedal feels like it should...
Forum: Saturn October 9th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By njot
brake light on dash stuck on

On Oct 8, 3:55 pm, BläBlä
> wrote:
> In article >, njot33
> @juno.com says...

Forum: Saturn October 8th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By njot
brake light on dash stuck on

Folks-

I had a brake line break on my SL2 (due to rust), at which time the
red "brake" warning light on the dash came on.

The brake line is fixed now, the air has been bled out of the system
and...
Forum: Saturn September 18th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By njot
93 Saturn - hard to downshift

We have a 93 Saturn SL2 w/ an automatic trans. A lot of times, such
as going up a hill with the transmission in 4th gear, it will not
downshift into 3rd, even if I press harder and harder on...
Forum: Chrysler May 17th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 16
Posted By njot
rebuilding slant 6 engine

On May 16, 12:37 pm, wrote:
> On May 15, 10:27 pm, njot > wrote:
>
> > I am rebuilding a 225 slant 6 engine in a 73 Valiant because it needs
> > new oil control...
Forum: Chrysler May 16th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 16
Posted By njot
rebuilding slant 6 engine

I am rebuilding a 225 slant 6 engine in a 73 Valiant because it needs
new oil control rings.
However, when I try to pull the piston out of the block, I can't do
it- the rod gets stuck at the bottom...
Forum: Chrysler May 16th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By njot
rebuilding a slant 6 engine

I am rebuilding a 225 slant 6 engine in a 73 Valiant because it needs
new oil control rings.
However, when I try to pull the piston out of the block, I can't do
it- the rod gets stuck at the bottom...
Forum: Chrysler May 14th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 34
Posted By njot
Buyer Beware at Chrysler

Your question was about why GM fell so far behind...
There are multiple reasons, of course, but some of the things GM did
in the 90s were just dumb.

They put all their effort into trucks. They kept...
Forum: Saturn April 29th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By njot
oil pressure switch

Folks,

Where on the engine is the oil pressure switch located on an early 90s
SL2?

Thanks!!
Forum: Saturn April 4th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By njot
purchasing a used '97 Saturn SC2

On Apr 4, 3:12 pm, wrote:
> Thanks to Steve and SteveB. for their suggestions. I offered a couple
> of grand for the car. Will have to rethink my offer now. Will
> definitely ask...
Forum: Saturn April 1st 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By njot
timming chain

On Mar 30, 4:01 pm, SnoMan > wrote:
> On 28 Mar 2007 19:55:10 -0700, "njot" > wrote:
>
> >> You may be able to get a good Saturn motor for low price at a wreckers.
Forum: Saturn March 30th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By njot
timming chain

On Mar 30, 8:22 am, "Son_Worshipper" > wrote:
> The average American just lives with car payments, often owing more
> than the car is worth. A lot of my friends feel they have to...
Forum: Saturn March 29th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By njot
gas mileage on older Saturns

On Mar 29, 7:47 am, mrichards > wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:02:30 -0500, njot > wrote:
> > I am facing driving a much longer commute and would like to get an
Forum: Saturn March 29th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By njot
timming chain

I guess that's true, but then it must be true of many different kinds
of cars also.
People would rather just buy something new than be bothered with
fixing them.
I just can't see junking something...
Forum: Saturn March 29th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By njot
gas mileage on older Saturns

I am facing driving a much longer commute and would like to get an
older Saturn (1991-95) with a stick shift.
What kind of gas mileage do these get, city vs. highway?

My brother has a 92 sl2 with an...
Forum: Saturn March 29th 07, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 12
Posted By njot
timming chain

On Mar 27, 5:30 pm, "David" > wrote:
> You may be able to get a good Saturn motor for low price at a wreckers.
> Here in Saskatchewan, there are so few Saturn engine failures that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40