Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tube Audio
Forum: Technology May 15th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
What does it mean to run lean?

could someone explain what it means to run lean, and how would it show up on
an emissions test printout? What values would be high or low?
Forum: Technology May 13th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Tube Audio
Smog Emissions results 1987 300E Mercedes

Hi

I have a 1987 300E live in California, however the car is from the east
coast, so it is a 49 state car.

I am up for my smog / emissions test in a couple of months.

The NO have been high the...
Forum: Technology April 10th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tube Audio
After Alignment Steering Wheel not centered?

Hi

I just had a 4 wheel alignment on my 1990 Toyota Camry. I got a printout
and they brought everything into spec.

Now when driving straight the steering wheel is clocked to the right a good
Forum: Technology March 3rd 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
Automatic Transmission weird shifting

I found out that I did have the wrong part, it should have been the Niehoff
TM332, the store sole me the TM115.

i'm thnk of just getting the Motorcraft TM74 part.

Does anyone know if the TM74 has...
Forum: Technology February 19th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Tube Audio
Replacing Transmission Modulator Valve

Hi

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 and the 4ALD transmission.

I need to replace the modulator.

What is the best way to do this. I've heard that some people remove the
carpet and remove the...
Forum: Technology February 1st 08, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Tube Audio
1987 Toyota Camry Replacing Ignition Cylinder Lock

Hi

I posted earlier about the steering problem. Thanks for all the advice.

So I just picked up a new ignition cylinder lock with 2 keys.

I just opened the factory manual and can't find anywhere...
Forum: VW water cooled December 20th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Tube Audio
Rabbit Tie Rod and Strut Replacement?

I have a 1984 GTI Rabbit, the front struts are blown out and the drivers
side inner tire rod has lots of play.

So I am going to replace the entire tie rod assembly and both struts.

My questions is...
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 07, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Tube Audio
Strut bump stop and dust sleeve choice?

Am replacing my front struts and looking on benzbin.com there are two
different bump stops and each bump stop has a dust sleeve that goes with it,
the od is eiter 29 mm or 53 mm for the...
Forum: VW water cooled July 21st 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Tube Audio
UPdate #2: 1984 GTI Rabbit Ox Sensor Frequency valve and Control Unit Mystery

Jim and Dave thanks for the replies.

I got up this morning and hooked up a dwell meter to the ox sensor test
port, had the meter leaning against the front windshield. I started the car
and the...
Forum: VW water cooled July 21st 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Tube Audio
UPdate: 1984 GTI Rabbit Ox Sensor Frequency valve and Control Unit Mystery

Hello

Today I went to the junkyard and got a ox sensor control unit and the
problem still exists. I kinda doubt it is bad and failed in the same way.
I reran the tests for the hell of it and all...
Forum: VW water cooled July 20th 07, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Tube Audio
1984 GTI Rabbit Ox Sensor Frequency valve and Control Unit Mystery

Hello

Note this is long with lots of details but I believe it is important to
understand what is going on.

I posted a couple of months ago about my 1984 Gti Rabbit. I originally
Forum: VW water cooled June 22nd 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tube Audio
Tie Rod Replacement 1984 GTI Rabbit

thanks Jim

so I can leave the tire and wheel loaded to change the tie rod? or does the
wheel have to be suspended so I can jockey the wheel bearing housing around
to get the outer tie rod stud...
Forum: VW water cooled June 22nd 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tube Audio
Tie Rod Replacement 1984 GTI Rabbit

Need to replace my drivers side tie rod. I have just bought a complete new
tie rod assembly.

First question.

Do I only jack up the side that I am changing? And where do I support the
car with...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
Long style Fuel Injector holder 1984 GTI

Dave

on the 84 gti the injectors and orings are the same as all the other A1s.
They just changed the holders to longer ones.

I have them in now but just thought I'd ask the group. As it was just...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
Long style Fuel Injector holder 1984 GTI

Hi Jim

I soaked the orings in automatic transmission fluid, wipe off the excess,
put them on the injectors and then into the holders. 20 years ago a vw
mechanic told me to use atf and that is what...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
Long style Fuel Injector holder 1984 GTI

Hi

Just replaced my fuel injector holders and the orings. On the 1984 and some
of the 83s gtis the fuel injector holders are long. A long tube with a
round hole in the end for the fuel to come...
Forum: VW water cooled June 4th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Tube Audio
83 rabbit low oil pressure problem

You might have a bad wire or connection at the oil pressure sending unit.

have you checked your oil level? Does the light come on when you turn hard
left or right?

The pump is just a gear and a...
Forum: VW water cooled June 4th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Tube Audio
1984 GTI Rabbit Fuel Pressure Problem

Hello

I have a 1984 GTi Rabbit.

For the past month or so the car is difficult to start after it sits an hour
or more. What happens is that the car starts right away and then dies after
5 seconds...
Forum: VW water cooled May 11th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
Need part number gas pedal / cable bushing

thanks Homer, yes it is an A1 thanks for the part #

"Homer" > wrote in message
> "Homer" > wrote in...
Forum: VW water cooled May 11th 07, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tube Audio
Need part number gas pedal / cable bushing

Hi

I am lookin for the part number for the rubber bushing that pushes into the
gas pedal on a 1984 rabbit gti. All the rabbits were the same.

It is the bushing that the throttle cable hooks...
Forum: VW water cooled May 9th 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Tube Audio
1984 Rabbit GTI Starts then dies

The fuel pump doesn't seem to be cutting out and I seem to have good
pressure. The symptoms seem like fuel or air metering or management based
on my experience troubleshooting the other rabbits...
Forum: VW water cooled May 9th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Tube Audio
1984 Rabbit GTI Starts then dies

Hi

I have a 1984 GTI Rabbit. This morning the car started fine then died after
about 5 seconds. It started right back up and then it died a few seconds
later.

So I started it a 3rd time. this...
Forum: VW water cooled March 30th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tube Audio
Heater Core Replacement in Rabbit

Hi

I have a 1984 GTI Rabbit WITHOUT air conditioning.

I need to replace my heater core.

I've searched through previous post and am still not clear on the procedure.

Does the heater box need to be...
Forum: VW water cooled March 20th 07, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Tube Audio
1984 GTI Rabbit dwell air/fuel mixture readings

Hi

I took an analog dwell meter and connected it to the test connector near the
cold start valve. Thinking about it I didn't consider polarity, so I am not
sure if I measured positive or negative...
Forum: VW water cooled November 8th 06, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tube Audio
Alternator question

Hi

I have a 1984 VW rabbit gti.

The brushes are worn on my alternators voltage regulator. Can just the
brushes be replaced?

IF not I looked into getting a new regulator as they are only about...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26