Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave[_5_]
Forum: Honda October 6th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave[_5_]
New keys & locks for 97 Honda Accord = new immobiliser?

PCPaul wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:47:40 +0100, Al Reynolds wrote:
>
>> My current plan? I'm going for disabling the passenger and boot locks
>> (with a screwdriver), and I'll try and pick up a...
Forum: Honda May 26th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave[_5_]
Run A Car On Water

Pszemol wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Your car will become at least 40% more fuel efficient and...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 26th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave[_5_]
1999 Explorer Wont Start

Happy Traveler wrote:
> Sorry I did not think of the simple solution of towing it to a shop. I
> should try offering that advice next time.
>
> Merry Christmas!
>
> "improvise"...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 14th 07, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave[_5_]
Odd Sound and Vibration when turning

brazzle wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with about 95,000 miles on it.
>
> I have owned the car for a year, but about 2 months ago I noticed that
> when I would turn...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 21st 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_5_]
Grinding gear noise when braking to a stop

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> They were just inspected and one replaced.
>
> "Happy Traveler" > wrote in message
>
>>You...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 31st 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave[_5_]
P0300

Happy, thanks for the ideas! I fixed it two days ago. I didn't report
back here cuz' no one seemed interested.
My brother in law was coming here (about 150 miles) with the tools to
replace the...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 27th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave[_5_]
P0300

99' Explorer Limited V8

A few days ago I was impatient and got on it really hard. It started
missing as I let off. When warm at idle there is an occasional miss but,
when driving it is more...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 11th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave[_5_]
how to remove steering rack?

wrote:

> But all is not over -- I took it for a test drive, and the steering
> pulsates a lot when turning. Mostly when going slowly, but I guess
> that's when the most assist...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 21st 06, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave[_5_]
Rear Wiper not working 0n 00 Explorer

Big Shoe wrote:
> I had this problem on my '99 and finally decided it was caused by
> mis-adjustment of the arm. The arm went down into a bracket that
> supported it when it was not on the glass. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 17th 06, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave[_5_]
air bag light flashes

Jim wrote:
> michele gott wrote:
>
>> can anyone tell me what code 37 means
>>

> Look under the passenger seat at the rear and you will see a connector.
> Unplug it while the engine is...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 22nd 06, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave[_5_]
More on: Air conditioner problem

Jim Warman wrote:

> First thing ro do is realize that you cannot diagnose AC concerns from only
> low side pressures.... Your low side pressures aren't doing anything
> abnormal. What is abnormal...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 21st 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave[_5_]
More on: Air conditioner problem

Dave wrote:

I put a gauge on the low side. At 25lbs the clutch energizes and cuts
out at 45 lbs (readings are approximate) still cycling at about 3 second
intervals.
From here where should I...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 20th 06, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave[_5_]
Air conditioner problem

1999 Explorer Limited, v8, 2wd, climate control, Florida

Yesterday evening when we went out the air didn't seem to be very cool.
We didn't go far so I just brushed it off. Today, in the heat of the...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 6th 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave[_5_]
'98 Explorer & Mountaineer Cruise Control Recall!

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>

> Dave, where is your switch located?
>
> Steven

Foreword top of the master cylinder.
Forum: Ford Explorer August 6th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:
> NY Times:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/05/business/worldbusiness/05recall.html
>
> Detroit News: