Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Filmophile
Forum: VW water cooled September 28th 06, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Filmophile
v-10 toureg

08' models are getting new/updated engines:

3.6 litre FSI V6 - 280 Hp (This will be a huge improvement)
4.2 litre FSI V8 - 350 Hp
6.0 litre W12 - 450 Hp

Plus two new Diesel V6s and an updated...
Forum: BMW July 16th 06, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

> The BMW Z3 and Z4 are great looking cars,

**Vulgarity Warning**

Opinions will differ, both are too phalic for my personal taste,
although I did sort of like the old Z3 based M Coupe. The new Z4...
Forum: BMW July 15th 06, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>> No, a real one. 62 or 63 I think.

I don't believe it. Unless it was an old n/a 4-cylinder Esprite and the
track was an oval where the Jag's power would make a significant
difference, something is...
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>> Ford may have ruined the 'classy' part, (for some models) but they've made
> great strides on the reliability front

My paternal grandfather is on his 2nd XJ8, he owned of of the last
bodystyle...
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 09:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>stopped reading US car magazines around the time of the R/T bribery scandal.
> I'm not sure I trust any of them any more.

Frankly I think they're all shills. Car and Driver loves anything with
a...
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>> Again, deffering to that great bastion of TV automotive excellence,
> Top Gear, they recenly tested an E-type and got a 3 (?) second better
> lap time than a Lotus Espirt. That's pretty damn...
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>> Try the original definition. The French one.

Well, I'm using the modern English variance of the word, so it's not an
issue for me.
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>> The difference being, (and "as I understand it") VW (karmann?) built
> the 914-4 and porsche built the 914-6.

Karman built the 914/4s entirely within their own facility. Cars
destined to be...
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 06:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>> One wag says "MB has jumped the shark the way Jag did a decade ago".

MB may have jumped the shark, but Jags have always been **** for
reliability- they just used to be *classy* pieces of ****.
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 06:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>You might be horrified to look up the correct meaning of the word
> "prestigue". I do not disgaree with the rest of your post but this
> was an unfortunate choice of words.

Well "Prestige", which...
Forum: BMW July 14th 06, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

>Porsche makes several variants of an SUV

They make one SUV in four trim leves.

>soft and hardtop mid-engined
> two-seaters

Essentially two versions of the same car that Porsche has...
Forum: BMW July 12th 06, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

> The only areas MB outdoes Porsche is on the JD Power Initial Quality and
> Reliability surveys, where Porsche leads or is near the top of the list on
> both, while MB languishes well below the...
Forum: BMW July 12th 06, 05:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

> The 914-6 was may favorite Porsche ever, frankly, being a sucker for
> mid engined card. My understanding is the 914 was a VW and sold in
> Europe as such but that the 914-6 was built by...
Forum: BMW July 12th 06, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

> Shades of the 914-6. Cool car, but for not much more you can get a real
> Porshe. (a 911).

Oh, please. Porsche has been building mid-engined cars for road and
track since the 1960s, most of them...
Forum: BMW July 11th 06, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

A. There won't be an SLK63 for two reasons:
1. The SLK can't take that engine (it's to heavy anyhow)
2. MB is trying to give people a reason to spend more cash on the
CLK model

B. The only...
Forum: BMW July 9th 06, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

A factory stock S2000 will keep up with a 350Z in accleration tests and
probably be quicker around a given track. However, getting that kind of
performance from the S2000 means driving it *really*...
Forum: BMW July 8th 06, 07:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Replies: 118
Posted By Filmophile
Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

This month's issue of Car and Driver has a comparison of the M Coupe'
and the Cayman S, the Cayman was quicker in all but one accleration
test and was 2 seconds quicker around the test track. C&D...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17