Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 2.08 seconds.
Forum: Driving January 11th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
My solution to dangerous drivers

Why can't cars be equiped with wireless devices that simply let you
point at any obnoxious car . The device then transmits the information
to a central database that generates reports based on how...
Forum: Driving January 8th 07, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Truck drivers and cell phones

I recently was on a tour bus and was surprised to noticed the number
of truck drivers who yak on their cell phones. Most did NOT have a
hands free device. How do they change gears with one hand? I...
Forum: Driving January 4th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Office versus the Road

Why are people responsible, courteous and intelligent in the office
but behave the opposite as soon as they drive home? I work in a
professional office environment and can not understand why...
Forum: Driving January 3rd 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 137
Posted By [email protected]
59% Experience Road Rage During Their Daily Commute

In the next 10 years we will see a lot more people working from home
thanks to the ubiquity of hi-speed internet. we will also see people
rely more on other forms of transportation like rail if gas...
Forum: Driving January 3rd 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
My winter trip down I-95

I drove from Washington DC to Florida Keys. I have to say that Florida
wins the 'Worse drivers' award. All I saw on the road were hispanics,
blacks, really old people and rednecks. I can't imagine...
Forum: Driving November 19th 06, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sick of driving, take Amtrak instead

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> I have taken Amtrak down to San Diego, as well as to Tucson
> (overnight) and thoroughly enjoyed it - it was a LOT of fun to fly
> past all the stopped traffic on I-5. :)...
Forum: Driving November 19th 06, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Sick of driving, take Amtrak instead

I have had it with all the edyots on the interstate. These people have
one hand on of the cell phone and the other hand with a cigarette. The
rise in gas prices combined with the rise in stupidity of...
Forum: Driving September 25th 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Tailgater sticker

Scott en Aztln wrote:
> If any one of those assumptions fails to hold, the entire scheme is
> doomed to failure.

actually i think most tailgaters do it with no malicious intent. they
are simply...
Forum: Driving September 25th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Tailgater sticker

C. E. White wrote:
> Horrible idea. The stickers are midly offensive, and poorly done. And it is
> very likely they'll casue wannbe rednecks to tailgate you even closer
> becasue they'll have to get...
Forum: Driving September 25th 06, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Tailgater sticker

what do people think of putting this sticket on your rear window to
deter tailgaters:

http://www.redneckdecals.com/category-5.php

i figure the red neck types will think i am one of them and leave...
Forum: General September 7th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
$160 for fuel injector cleaning?

My 2000 toyota corolla has 120k and has not had a tune up since 70k.
The dealer is recommending a 'fuel injector cleaning' for $160 . Is
this worth it? My car does occassionally not respond to the...
Forum: Driving August 16th 06, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Dont tailgate me bumper sticket

Sir Lex wrote:

> In my experience, the best thing you can stick on the back of your car
> to deter tailgaters is this sticker:

Forum: Driving August 15th 06, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Dont tailgate me bumper sticket

I often wondered if such a bumper sticker would have any effect? I
think many people tailgate because theyfeel there is no consequence .
With a bumper sticket like that it would mean the driver does...
Forum: Driving July 11th 06, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Leave dangerous drivers alone

when a dangerous driver is tailgaiting you without any justification,
the best thing is to do nothing. I find that if I blow the horn when
they pass, I infuriate them even more . you would expect...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14