Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rich
Forum: Jeep October 8th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Rich
TJ 4.0 hestitates and surges - follow up x2 to Independent Mechanics

THis might sound crazy, but i had a similar problem with my CJ. I has a 4.0
head and MPFI. on cool mornings it would do the saem thing you describe
until warmed up. By luck I had to remove the...
Forum: Jeep June 13th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Odd starting situation..

Thanks Mike,
I was thinking of doing something like that. You confirmed my suspicions.
Maybe that is the cause of the 16V reading. THe belt is a serpentine one and
is pretty solid. I'm thinking I'm...
Forum: Jeep June 13th 07, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Exhaust system recommendations?

From Hawaii to Rude Island? Not sure why you'd come here unless the Navy is
bringing you here like me. I can't get out of here fast enough. I retire in
August, and there are 49 candidate states for...
Forum: Jeep June 13th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Exhaust system recommendations?

Coming from a family of bagpipers I like drones.... Pardon the pun...
Seriously, I'm pretty sure its going to be the 50 series flowmaster if any.
Thanks guys.

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head...

Doug,
Both cables from the battery are newish and so is the cable from the
solenoid to the starter....This is what leads me to think I have a ground
issue.
Also, I've been reading about my...
Forum: Jeep June 12th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Odd starting situation..

Oh and the battery is brand new and tested fine.

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head w/MOPAR MPFI, Tom Woods driveshaft, 4:10 w/Detroits F/R,
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Exhaust system recommendations?

One other question. Since moving here to Rude Island, my exhaust has been
quickly rotting away and now needs replacement so I can pass inspection.
I'm leaning towards a Boorla catback system, OR a...
Forum: Jeep June 12th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Odd starting situation..

I've got an interesting one. I think I know the answer but lets hear what
you all have to say.
When I start my CJ, normally it cranks right up. Rarely though, I have to
give it another try. First...
Forum: Jeep February 28th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Rich
TDS Safari next weekend...

There are some spots to wheel in the area but they are in the northern part
of the state. Since Rude Island is such a huge state, an afternoon of
offroading is not out of the question. I understand...
Forum: Jeep February 27th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Rich
TDS Safari next weekend...

I wish I still lived in San Diego. I used to love to wheel with the TDS
group. I got to be pretty good friend with the Holdens. Always great people.
I'll drink a beer in honor of TDS this weekend....
Forum: Jeep February 18th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Weekend video

Makes me jealous. I lived in San Diego for 12 years during my Navy career.
Loved going to the desert and wheeling with minimal restriction and almost
anytime of the year. I did my desert survival...
Forum: Jeep February 13th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By Rich
CJ Seat Mounting Recomendations?

Agreed Mike. I'd go that route also. In December I retire from the Navy. I
have a nice 350 just waiting to go into the Jeep when I do the teardown next
time...

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head...
Replies: 17
Posted By Rich
CJ Seat Mounting Recomendations?

MIke, I wouldn't trust "gobs of Glue" either. I took my head to a machine
shop and had freezeplugs put in. The passages in question are on one side of
the head not in the back. I've known a number...
Forum: Jeep February 12th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Rich
CJ Headlights - Passenger Bright, Drivers Dim?

Ditto. that. Clean all your plug contacts and grounds. make sure to use
dielectric grease so it doesn't happen again.

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head w/MOPAR MPFI, Tom Woods driveshaft, 4:10...
Forum: Jeep February 11th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By Rich
CJ Seat Mounting Recomendations?

I did the Fuel injection install as part of an engine overhaul. The install
was very easy and the instructions are clear. I really liked the changes
afterwards, better mileage and performance...
Forum: Jeep February 11th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich
Finally finished my CJ dashboard

Thanks Jeff! they worked out great.
Bruce, do yourseld a favor and switch to socket headed screws. Much easier
to replace and you can get them in stainless, chrome, zinc and black
phosphate. I used...
Forum: Jeep February 11th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich
Finally finished my CJ dashboard

I know I know. I hold my head down in shame. It gets damn cold here Bill,
and it keeps Mama happy when she's warm. (it comes out in the warm weather
though). BUT, with the carpet came Mastercraft...
Forum: Jeep February 10th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich
Finally finished my CJ dashboard

Finally finished the dashboard. Took forever but now all my gauges work as
well as indicators, idiot lights everything.
I've posted pics if you are...
Forum: Jeep February 10th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By Rich
CJ Seat Mounting Recomendations?

I've seen both. OMIX are ok but lightly built. They are made in China, ie
less quality, inch measurements converted to metric to build from then built
by slave labor. Besttop are as good or better...
Forum: Jeep February 10th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By Rich
CJ Seat Mounting Recomendations?

I used a bestop seat bracket. Works like the original. I had a home built
one for years but now my kids are older I wanted to be able to flip the seat
forward so they can get in easier, otherwise,...
Forum: Jeep February 1st 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By Rich
CJ Body lift question / Rear Disc Brake question / Bill H. ??????

Nope, Retire in October, I'm going fishing, on top of a mountain somewhere!

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head w/MOPAR MPFI, Tom Woods driveshaft, 4:10 w/Detroits F/R,
33" BFG MT's, Rubicon Express...
Forum: Jeep February 1st 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By Rich
CJ Body lift question / Rear Disc Brake question / Bill H. ??????

Hi Bill,
Good to see you're still about.

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head w/MOPAR MPFI, Tom Woods driveshaft, 4:10 w/Detroits F/R,
33" BFG MT's, Rubicon Express springs, ProComp MX6 shocks,...
Forum: Jeep February 1st 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
Powder coated Hinges

I had some kentrol stuff on my jeep. Hood hinges, air intake cover and hood
latches. Pure junk. Stay with the OEM stuff and have it refinished or do it
yourself. Do what Earl says about painting...
Forum: Jeep February 1st 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Rich
SHOCK Recomedations

I use procomp MX 6's. Adjustable, lifetime guarantee, and better constructed
than Rancho 9000's. Not the best in the world, but for the money, I like em.

--
Rich Harris
1986 CJ7 4.0l head w/MOPAR...
Replies: 13
Posted By Rich
CJ Body lift question / Rear Disc Brake question / Bill H. ??????

Charles,
Your going to have clearance issues with your fan and the shroud. Don't dump
the shroud, move it down the same amount you lift the body. Body lifts are
usually easy but depending on your...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53