Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 1.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Detailing Dude
Forum: VW water cooled December 5th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Detailing Dude
Radio Opening

Very Funny, Ha Ha
I have tried to go on sites such as Crutchfield for a unit, but they will
not let me chose a dbl din radio for my car. That is the reason for the
query. I am a big fan of invisible...
Forum: VW water cooled December 5th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Detailing Dude
Radio Opening

I guess no one knows. How about this.....Does anyone with a 2005 (US) Passat
have an in the dash Nav unit with their radio? What brand?

Cecil

"Detailing Dude" > wrote in...
Forum: VW water cooled December 4th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Detailing Dude
Radio Opening

I have asked this on other sites with no answer. Did VW change the size of
the opening for the radio in US Passats sometime n the 2005 model year?
My 05 Passat TDI sedan has a dbl DIN and everywhere...
Forum: VW water cooled October 9th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Detailing Dude
In car Navigation

Did the 05 Passat (USA) have in car factory nav unit available? I would like
to have one but prefer the factory clean look.

Cecil
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Detailing Dude
Dealer Props!

Hi everyone

We took our 2005 Passat TDI in for 20,000 mile service and the dealer either
broke or loosened a lug on the front right wheel. Didn't notice until I
added air to the tires about two...
Forum: VW water cooled April 16th 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Detailing Dude
TDI?

I have a 2005 Passat TDI and it has been faultless to date. We have about
35,000 miles without a hitch. Averaging about 44mpg highway. Been on two
road trips and carried 3 people and all luggage...
Forum: VW water cooled April 11th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Detailing Dude
starter problem? 89 Fox

Automatic or manual ? In Park/neutral?

> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:20:23 GMT, Kevin > wrote:
>
> >Hi there, I...
Forum: VW water cooled December 14th 06, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Detailing Dude
Unscientific Poll: Maintenance Issue

Me.
I have been driving for 30 years and with the exception of adding when I do
the brakes, I have never "changed" brake fluid. I realize I am not the
sharpest knife in the drawer, but, is this an...
Forum: VW water cooled November 15th 06, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 47
Posted By Detailing Dude
VW City Golf or Toyota Matrix?

How about safety? We have a 05 Passat and an 05 Lancer. I know, not the same
class of car, but that aside, the VW feels like a tank compared to the
Mitsu. Drive them both and see which you are more...
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Detailing Dude
2000 Eurovan camper beeps

Well my thought was, if the previous owner had a problem they didn't want
(or could afford) to repair, the beep stops but the light would always be
on. Disconnect the light and problem solved.
From...
Forum: VW water cooled October 3rd 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Detailing Dude
2000 Eurovan camper beeps

Are ALL the lights in working order? Could one be out ?

" > wrote in message

> Thanks for the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Detailing Dude
Repairing vehicles without locking up the radio antitheft system

I had a battery changed at the Advanced Auto parts and they have a full
sized car battery that plugged into the cigarette lighter. Said they are
required to do it on all newer cars to prevent ECU...
Forum: VW water cooled August 24th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Detailing Dude
Valet Key

We bought a used (barely) 05 Passat and I was wondering, did they come with
a valet key? We didn't get one. Wouldn't this be a special order dealer
item?

Cecil
Forum: VW water cooled August 24th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Detailing Dude
2005 Golf steering noise

I don't know if it is the same, but we had a Dodge Caravan (2001) and the
power steering hose vibrated like mad when under a load. Chrysler was aware
and wanted too much to replace the hose, so we...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14