Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NewbieJeepGuy
Forum: Jeep June 10th 09, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Carb question for 1990 Jeep Wrangler..

I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that has a rebuilt 258 Engine with the
4.0L head conversion setup installed. My next thing that needs to be
done since I didn't do it with the rebuild is the carb. I...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

Another dumb question from me. Where on (or in) the door is the door
switch to make sure that it is connected and not broken?

Thanks.
Forum: Jeep February 17th 09, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

If I follow the instructions of the turning the key on/off, on/off, on/
off and then on... the message comes up done. Since it sounds like
that is supposed to give me a code, does the scantool dig...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 09, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

One more thing I Just noticed is that the controls for the radio on
the steering wheel do not work either. I tried checking most other
things but the rest seems fine. I'm sure I'll find more things...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 09, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

Thanks for the ideas, I have tried them all. I just want to make sure
I understand things a bit better as I'm new to the mechanical and
electrical aspects of vehicles.

The fact that my Theft...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 09, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

Another thing I forgot to mention is that when I open the drivers door
the interior lights don't go on. But when you open the other doors
the lights do come on. Also the other windows will not roll...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

Ok, after a few minutes I got my door panel off the door. I had to
disconnect the speaker (obvious wire), a wire that connects to the
from the drivers panel to the adjust the power mirrors. And...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 09, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

Any easy instructions/documentation on the internet on how to take the
panel apart? I must not have put anything good in the search engines.

Thanks,
Forum: Jeep February 15th 09, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Electrical Problem - Hopefully not a big one...

I have posted in this forum before for a 90 wrangler and a conversion
I did an everyone was helpful so I thought I would try this issue.

I Have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a month ago the...
Forum: Jeep December 19th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Putting a newer 2006 Wrangler 4cyl engine in a 1990 wrangler..

Main reason for the replacement right now is monday (I think but could
be wrong)... only have to pay $100 for the new engine/transmission,
wiring and computer as the guy spoke of earlier... Also I...
Forum: Jeep December 18th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Putting a newer 2006 Wrangler 4cyl engine in a 1990 wrangler..

Is it possible to put a newer 2006 4cyl engine with its 5 speed
transmission into my 1990 wrangler that was a 5 speed with a 4.2l 258
(which is dying)?

Thanks.
Forum: Jeep November 9th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
4.0L Head Conversion for the 258

I've checked into that a bit, but not sure I want to go all the far as
of yet. Does anyone else have any thoughts on my conversion and
whether the casting numbers on the 4.0L head of 7120 or 0630...
Forum: Jeep November 9th 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
4.0L Head Conversion for the 258

Recently I've been reading about the 4.0L head conversion for the 4.2L
258 Jeep Engines. I have a 1990 Wrangler with the 4.2L 258 engine
that needs to be rebuilt. While having this done I was...
Forum: Jeep July 15th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fuel Filter

Awhile ago I had posted a message looking for help on an issue with my
2001 Grand Cherokee with the 6cyl. Basically when its under 70
degrees it starts on the first turn of the key. Anything hotter...
Forum: Jeep May 17th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Gr. Cherokee Laredo

When you talk about two valves leaking, are you talking about fuel
leaking out? Or just an air leak to lose pressure of some sort?

Thanks.
Forum: Jeep May 16th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Gr. Cherokee Laredo

So that sensor would cause the start up issues? Or issues while it
was running? Right now once its started it runs great no problems its
just the starting part when warm. Also would you have a...
Forum: Jeep May 14th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
2001 Gr. Cherokee Laredo

Another question on my Jeep Gr. Cherokee. Its got the 6cyl engine and
ever since its warmed up here in MT, it is having difficulties
starting. Basically if its under 45 degrees in the morning I...
Forum: Jeep May 10th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Window Regulator on 2001 Grand Cherokee

So does it just look like a pain in the butt? Or is it a huge one?...
thanks...
Forum: Jeep May 9th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Window Regulator on 2001 Grand Cherokee

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I
have been told that my window regulator on my passenger side needs
replacing. They quoted me about $400. I noticed the part is...
Forum: Jeep March 23rd 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Lift Kit Time please help with brand & parts

ok since you seem to know about the different brands,
what about
superlift, rancho, fabtech or ezride

thanks for all the info. just trying to cover my basis if I talk to
local installers that deal...
Forum: Jeep March 23rd 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Lift Kit Time please help with brand & parts

Ok, I've not seen those or had anyone else mention the slip-yoke
eliminator and
driveshaft. Is that because I want to go with a 4.5" lift? Or do all
suspension lifts
require those to be replaced? ...
Forum: Jeep March 23rd 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
Lift Kit Time please help with brand & parts

Hello all,

I've got a 1990 Jeep Wrangler YJ. I want to be able to use 33" tires
so I'm thinking of either a 3.5" or 4" lift. Obviously when ever I
look at different sites, the different brands...
Forum: Jeep January 30th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
90 Wrangler YJ needs Rear Main Seal

Thanks for the post RoyJ, I am pretty confident that its the Rear Main
that is leaking. Since there is no oil towards the top of my engine
or even the backup of the engine and the firewall. ...
Forum: Jeep January 30th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
90 Wrangler YJ needs Rear Main Seal

Thanks all for your help so far. I have replaced the Valve Cover
Gasket as suggested before posting this message and have gotten the
thing pretty much narrowed down to the rear main seal. Unless...
Forum: Jeep January 29th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By NewbieJeepGuy
90 Wrangler YJ needs Rear Main Seal

Ok,

I'm hoping to get some quick advice on replacing the rear main seal in
my 90 wrangler. I've got the 258 - 4.2L engine with manual
transmission. I've been trying to determine where my oil...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37