Showing results 1 to 25 of 233
Search took 7.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom in Missouri
Forum: Corvette November 13th 08, 12:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom in Missouri
77 Corvette For Sale in Georgia

What, they won't let you take it across state lines?

Unless you are moving to California or to NYC, what you really mean is you
have been buried in a project and want out now.

Put some pictures up...
Forum: Corvette October 13th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Tom in Missouri
GM, Chrysler said to hold merger talks

ROFL!! GM has its share of winners, too. the 1990 or 1991 Pontiac LeMans.
Later on, they made a big version, called the Aztec.

Somehow GM stylists mistook the reason people bought those ugly...
Forum: Corvette October 7th 08, 05:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 29
Posted By Tom in Missouri
The DIC Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

So what happened? Any results?

"Spud" > wrote in message

> Ok, I'm not buying the 30 mpg out of a 427 cu in Vette. ...
Forum: Corvette September 27th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 29
Posted By Tom in Missouri
The DIC Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you guys get some decent numbers. After all, I got 24 to 24.8 on the
highway with an LS1 Camaro auto and 20.5 to 22 in my daily commute, which is
extreme from 70 mph down to 30 in...
Forum: Corvette September 27th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom in Missouri
1970 350 cu. in. convertible coil ignition problem.

Bob is right, a lot of people paint the distributor hold-down clamp but they
were unpainted on the bottom side. Also, a lot of distributors get painted
over the years, and again, they were bare in...
Forum: Corvette September 25th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Who Went To Fun Fest?

Bands? - can you say "Rain"? It poured, and everyone split. We stuck
around thinking it might break, but it didn't and the lightening drove the
band into seeking other shelter.

I have no idea...
Forum: Corvette September 21st 08, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Who Went To Fun Fest?

Great time, had fun, lots of Corvettes, nasty rain at the end yesterday.

A lot of "never been in rain" Corvettes suddenly lost that distinction.
Forum: Corvette September 21st 08, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom in Missouri
1968 L88 question.

Are you trolling or are you serious?

Dad pretty well hit it. From the knowledge of Corvettes you have so far
displayed, you should ALWAYS hire a Corvette expert to check any car you are
looking at...
Forum: Corvette September 18th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom in Missouri
C3 engine cuts off

How low is the idle? If you are down around 600 or less, it might be that
it drops too much going in gear to stay running.

Check that the carb is set to idle fast enough, all hoses are still...
Forum: Corvette September 13th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Gustav - Hey, Rick, you have any effects?

I can relate to that too old bit. I surfed, or tried to, a hurricane years
ago down at Boca Raton. I got beat around quite a bit. And it was a
monster to try getting through the waves to get...
Forum: Corvette September 3rd 08, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Gustav - Hey, Rick, you have any effects?

Rick, how did you do in FL? Any storms or high surf?
Forum: Corvette September 3rd 08, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 22
Posted By Tom in Missouri
gm employee pricing

Several years ago, a club member and GM employee sent the invoice figures in
and our newsletter published them.

On a roughly $15,000 Corvette (said it was several years ago), there were 5
or 6...
Forum: Corvette September 2nd 08, 04:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
"Z"
Posted By Tom in Missouri
"Z"

Z is the package RPO codes.

L is the engine RPO codes.

M is the transmission RPO codes. C for heating, cooling, and ventilation; N
for steering; P for tires and wheels, U for instrumentation...
Forum: Corvette August 31st 08, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom in Missouri
C3 Clock help

Dad is usually right, but in some of these '70s GM cars, they used a screw
down the center of the knob.

So check that to see if there is a screw slot in the center of the knob. If
so, then grip...
Forum: Corvette August 31st 08, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom in Missouri
A few repair questions

There is a real simple way that is safe to do.

Get a 1/2 inch threaded rod about 3 ft long.

Get four nuts to fit.

Get several large washers of increasing diameters so that you have one with
1/2...
Forum: Corvette April 30th 08, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom in Missouri
1970 350 cu. in. convertible brakes, on-going problems

Some issues you might have to do with the brakes.

- New calipers will eventually do like the old brakes, as the cast iron pits
form moisture buildup due to lack of use and then they leak. ...
Forum: Corvette April 29th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom in Missouri
small automatic shift issue on 76 vette

Yes, I think all automatics you can bump from drive into neutral. I think
it is a safety feature so that you can always kick it out of gear if need
be. You can't bump reverse into park, though. ...
Forum: Corvette April 28th 08, 05:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom in Missouri
What tires? 74 BB Coupe

245/60 is a better choice, especially since the '74 is like all the rubber
bumper cars, higher on the frame. The 235 is a bit small in the wheelwell.
The 255/60-15 is run by many as it is much...
Forum: Corvette April 28th 08, 05:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom in Missouri
No Current in Car

After you check all the points everyone else have given you, try this. Take
a set of jumper cables from the battery to the starter and the engine block.
Try again. If nothing, find the fusible...
Forum: Corvette April 28th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom in Missouri
OT- prepping car for daughter at college

Man, I have been hanging around Corvette Forum too much lately. The first
thoughts in my mind were "pics of daughter?" lol

It is a Corolla. It is possibly one of the most reliable if not the...
Forum: Corvette February 21st 08, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 18
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Trolls and mischaracterizations

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

> If you were running GM, what would you do? Just remember this - money
runs
> the game.

Decrease management by...
Forum: Corvette February 7th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom in Missouri
64 Corvette Restoration

I fired one up about a year ago that had been sitting for 13 years. I
cleaned the gas tank, replaced the tank screen (it fell apart), and checked
the oil. Oil level was about 2 quarts high and...
Forum: Corvette January 29th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Drowning In LA

Two ways to find it.

Get someone to spray you with a hose from above while you sit inside and
watch. Get a chair or step ladder so they are not tempted to spray sideways
under the...
Forum: Corvette January 29th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Cold weather Black Paint care

Well, take that black car and paint it medium blue, medium red, medium
brown, ANYTHING BUT BLACK! and you will solve all sorts of problems. Kick
me in the butt if I ever buy another black car.

They...
Forum: Corvette January 28th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom in Missouri
Chevrolet Unveils Two Unique '08 Corvette Indy 500 Pace Cars

GM and Chevy have had a reputation for building "collector" cars, and the
only one making a profit off of them has been GM.

One thing you can bet on is that if GM says it will be a collectible,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 233