Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Morton
Forum: BMW February 14th 07, 10:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrew Morton
Well what do you know - it works! :)

E Brown wrote:
> Today we had *really* bad snow
<snip>
> Next winter, I'll have to snag some 16" wheels and get some snow
> tires - should be pretty unstoppable then.

Unstoppable? I would have...
Forum: BMW February 14th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Posted By Andrew Morton
P0141 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> > wrote
>> My son has a 98 Escort GT. 2.0, the check engine light has been on
>> for a while with the code P0141 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction
>> (Bank...
Forum: BMW February 13th 07, 10:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Andrew Morton
Balancing or other?

SilentBob wrote:
>> JoshIII comments:
>> Check the rotors for unbalance.
>
> "Rotors"??? Discs? Hubs? Sorry, not quite sure to what you are
> referring.

en-us "rotors"->en-gb "brake discs"

Andrew
Forum: BMW February 2nd 07, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Morton
E39 intermittent ABS Light

Larry wrote:
> 1997 528i with 93K miles. ABS lights lit up and stayed for about a
> week. After I scheduled a repair, the lights went out, so I cancelled
> the repair. Lights out for two weeks or so...
Forum: BMW January 15th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Morton
One key not activating alarm.

grinder wrote:
> I purchased a used Z4 and it came with three keys. I understand the
> keys need to be used in order to "charge up." Once they discharge
> they will no longer work.
>
> I had a...
Forum: BMW January 12th 07, 08:41 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Morton
e36 1995 heater control

Kriznaft wrote:
> i have a 1995 325is .. and the heater control doesnt work.. not the
> heater control but the fan control .. at first only level 4 fan
> worked .. i had heat and cooling .. but all...
Forum: BMW January 8th 07, 11:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrew Morton
RPM problem BMW E36 SALOON 318i 1994 M43 , 153.000 km

Dirk wrote:
> Problem:
> When i release the trottle pedal to switch manuel gear, the RPM stay
> to long high, and drop down slowly. This problem is onstable.
>
> Stationairy RPM is very good, motor...
Forum: BMW December 20th 06, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Morton
E36 325I

Steven Otto wrote:
> What's the proper term for the small plastic push-in fasteners behind
> the door handle on the interior door...
Forum: BMW December 13th 06, 09:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrew Morton
E36 window drop/raise failed

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Vijay wrote:
>> Andrew Morton wrote:
>>> My car (UK spec E36 coupe) has the problem where the driver's door
>>> window
>>> does not drop/raise when opening/closing the door....
Forum: BMW December 13th 06, 09:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "Andrew Morton" > wrote in message
>> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>> Open the door and operate the latch...
Forum: BMW December 12th 06, 03:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Vijay wrote:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
>> My car (UK spec E36 coupe) has the problem where the driver's door
>> window
>> does not drop/raise when opening/closing the door. The window works
Forum: BMW December 12th 06, 09:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Open the door and operate the latch mechanism manually by using a
> screwdriver to mimic the post that it latches on. I think you will
> find that you can manipulate the...
Forum: BMW December 11th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
>> My car (UK spec E36 coupe) has the problem where the driver's door
>> window does not drop/raise when opening/closing the door. The window
>> works...
Forum: BMW December 11th 06, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Andrew Morton wrote:
> My car (UK spec E36 coupe) has the problem where the driver's door
> window does not drop/raise when opening/closing the door. The window works
> otherwise. I suspect the...
Forum: BMW December 11th 06, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Morton
fault on 97 3 series....???

Lee Taylor wrote:
> thanks for all that.. spot on diagnosis...
>
> belt was off... pretty chewed up so will be replacing it tommorow...

Chewed up, you say? Make sure the idler pulley has not lost...
Forum: BMW December 11th 06, 09:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrew Morton
owner's manual please

Alvin wrote:
> To everyone who replied with a suggestion on my hunting idle problem,
> thanks. Also, does anyone have info on where i could get an OWNER'S
> manual online for my 1990 535i (E34, M30)?...
Forum: BMW December 11th 06, 09:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrew Morton
E36 window drop/raise failed

My car (UK spec E36 coupe) has the problem where the driver's door window
does not drop/raise when opening/closing the door. The window works
otherwise. I suspect the switch.

I took the door card...
Forum: BMW December 6th 06, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 68
Posted By Andrew Morton
Don't like the time between oil changes

grinder wrote:
> I purchased a used Z4 with 10k miles. The next oil service is
> estimated to be in another 6k miles (this may be the first oil
> service).
> I don't like going that long between...
Forum: BMW December 6th 06, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Morton
Is my M50 engine Vanos or not?

Robin wrote:
> I've had some confusion with my engine (that I am looking to sell) as
> to whether it is Vanos or not.
>
> Here is the engine, from my 1993 K-reg 520i. I understand that Vanos
> was...
Forum: BMW December 5th 06, 08:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Morton
'06 325xi Speedometer Inaccuracy

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> In any case, set the cruise control so
> the speedo reads precisely 70, or whatever speed you want to measure,
> and start the stopwatch as you pass a mile marker, then stop...
Forum: BMW December 4th 06, 09:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Morton
rear defroster interference

Maurice wrote:
> I had the rear defroster on for the first time this season and when
> it's on I lose the reception on the radio - just static all stations,
> turn off the defroster and the radio is...
Forum: BMW November 29th 06, 11:21 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Morton
SI lights wont reset

Steve wrote:
> On 16/11/06 23:32, in article , "John
> Burns" > wrote:
>
>> No, when the batteries fail a few things can happen. It's more...
Forum: BMW November 29th 06, 10:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrew Morton
odometer lights not working

gimp wrote:
> My odometer doesn't light up, making it very hard to read. The K's
> actually do tick over - when light shines on the dash you can see
> it... and all the other lights in the dash work...
Forum: BMW November 23rd 06, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrew Morton
Engine racing - 85 318i

Kenneth Lyons wrote:
> I am having a problem which occurs only in cold weather (<50
> degrees). The engine idle races up and down and refuses to stabilize
> when the car is stopped at a light. I've...
Forum: BMW November 23rd 06, 08:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Morton
Steering wheel squeak, 1989 325i, fluid question

wrote:
<snip oil issue dealt with elsewhere>
> Meanwhile, I hear the steering wheel squeaking when I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42