Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rob Campbell
Forum: Technology August 22nd 06, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Rob Campbell
to learn more about car mechanics?

> In my opinion, auto mechanics has become a specialty. Do you want to do
> body work, transmission work, engine work or what? Being able to "do it
> all" is highly unlikely as a hobbyist.

I'd say...
Forum: Technology August 22nd 06, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Rob Campbell
to learn more about car mechanics?

Hi,

For a long time now I've been wanting to learn more about car mechanics.
The best way of learning is practice so I was thinking of buying an
older convertible (in need of TLC) and doing it...
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 11:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.autos.tech,alt.fan.landrover
Replies: 8
Posted By Rob Campbell
how effective is vehicle sound-proofing?

Thanks for all the replies. You're right, of course. I find that when I
take the road noise louder when I take the boot cover off my Megane. I
shall take the sound proofing as a serious option.

Rob
Forum: Technology August 15th 06, 12:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,rec.autos.tech,alt.fan.landrover
Replies: 8
Posted By Rob Campbell
how effective is vehicle sound-proofing?

Hi,

I've been looking into buying an old London Cab (a Fairway) and took one
out for a test drive. So it has a 2.7L diesel engine and sounds not
unlike a Landrover. As expected, it was a little on...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4