Showing results 1 to 25 of 92
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TE Chea
Forum: Technology May 28th 09, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By TE Chea
bloody sunday

| >Were the english soldiers who killed irish protestors on
| >"bloody sunday" ever sacked / jailed ?
| No. That's what incensed a lot of the Irish, the insensitivity of the
| commander, just one...
Forum: Technology May 26th 09, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By TE Chea
Jeremy Clarkson's review of the Oba-Mobile.

| Just imagine if we funded a terror group in your country?

Were the english soldiers who killed irish protestors on
"bloody sunday" ever sacked / jailed ? I never read they were,
this must be why...
Forum: Technology May 26th 09, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By TE Chea
Jeremy Clarkson's review of the Oba-Mobile.

He called 1 engine a volcano, talked about sex in this car
program, his big belly implies laziness. His long hair
co-host said "Everything is invented by british", both are
nuts. I would not watch...
Forum: Honda May 17th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By TE Chea
Improve gas mileage, increase horsepower, and maximize fuel

| IF its so good then why don't manufacturers bother ?

4ws is great but only a few models ( even fewer brands ) have.
Shock absorber bumper is great but only Nissan sunny 130Y
has. All these...
Forum: Honda May 17th 09, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By TE Chea
Improve gas mileage, increase horsepower, and maximize fuel

| http://automotiveguides.googlepages.com/steps_to_improving_gas_mileage
This page is unaccessible now.
Forum: Honda May 15th 09, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
defective honda thermostat - warning

| Don't some of the high pressue systems open at temps above boiling?

I never heard of, engine must be too hot if thermostat opens
this late. F20A's spec says opens @78±2ºC, fully by...
Forum: Honda May 12th 09, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
defective honda thermostat - warning

| don't assume that because your oem honda
| [manufactured by n.t.c.] thermostat is new, that it works properly.

Soak in hot water 1st, see if it opens.
Forum: Honda January 22nd 09, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By TE Chea
91 Accord can't shift out of park

|I have a 91 Accord LX that can't shift out of park unless I use the
| key to manually release the shift lock.

Neither can my SM4's gear*lever, if engine is off. Only when
engine is on, & brake...
Forum: Honda January 7th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By TE Chea
Honda acceptable oil burn rate

| >> 1.1 qt of oil burn per 600 miles can be considered normal.
Which type of oil ? Some evaporate > others : the smellier when
hot the more evaporative. 1.1 US quart = 1.034 litre for 965.5
km is...
Forum: Technology December 14th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By TE Chea
Spark plugs indicate lean mix on carbureted V6

| Plug insulators are still snow white after all
| driving conditions.
What brand are these plugs ? NGK's insulators ( bigger & so
remain hotter ) can stay clean better than Champion / Denso.
Your...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

> I tried to use a 3 amp
Correction : 3½ amp, 42w maximum..

| Have you tried the websites of Motorola, On-Semi, ST Microelectronics,
| National Semiconductor, and other companies that produce chips...
Forum: Technology November 20th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

| no. their newsgroup service is unique! http://groups.google.com
| most users who post through it use it to send spam, so many people
| have it filtered. however it's free, easily accessable,...
Forum: Technology November 18th 08, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

| go check google to see what you missed. KB

I'm amazed to see many of my posts to newsgroups listed by
Google, but cannot find any reply to this thread. Does Google
run a newsgroup service like...
Forum: Technology November 17th 08, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

If some1 replied during 17th -31st Oct'08, pls repost ; my
ISP 's news server was down & now shows no post in this
period.
Forum: Honda November 14th 08, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By TE Chea
4AT vs. 5AT fuel efficient

| 5th lets me loaf along at around 3000 RPM and 65 mph.
65 mph = 104.6 kph, @ this speed my SM4 ( final & 4th
gear combined ratio = 3.132335, axle height 30 cm via 205/
65R15 tyres, zero toe-in )...
Forum: Honda November 13th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By TE Chea
4AT vs. 5AT fuel efficient

| >Is a 5AT more fuel efficient than a 4AT
mysterios deserve no info

| In general, maybe.
Often 5th / 6th gear is usable only on Germany's autobahn, &
unusable in most countries unless user can...
Forum: Technology October 5th 08, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Chea
Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

I tried to use a 3½ amp output capacity buck convertor ( with auto
voltage i.e. self adjusts PWM timing ratios if input voltage
fluctuates e.g. when starter motor cranks engine & battery...
Forum: Honda September 13th 08, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By TE Chea
92 Accord Cooling Fan Issue

> what else could be the problem?
Thermostat ( fitted on cylinder head ), when hot sends a
current to relay.
Forum: Technology July 20th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By TE Chea
Using a dynamometer w-o a wind tunnel, is inaccurate simulation of usage

in a warm / hot climate, because @ high rpm, vehicle will be
moving @ high speed : the air cooling received by battery +
alternator + inlet manifold ( usually heated by radiator coolant
) + exhaust...
Forum: Honda June 18th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By TE Chea
95 Civic overheating

| www.arrowheadradiator.com/head_gasket_or_combustion_leak_test.htm) and
| found that there are exhaust gases in the cooling system (the blue
| liquid instantaneously changed to yellow).

This liquid...
Forum: Honda June 1st 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By TE Chea
Best way to remove carbon deposits

| is there some gentler method that is also not harmful to the CC?
Pump ozone in, to oxidise carbon to CO2.

| various additives but I don't know if one could trust their claims.
None approved by AAA...
Forum: Technology May 19th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By TE Chea
OK to remove thermostat?

| What remains may not be the best lubricant.

~8x I've used a white funnel* to pour BP petrol, & left * to
dry : when dry, no residue could be seen / felt
Forum: Technology May 18th 08, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By TE Chea
OK to remove thermostat?

| wear will still occur due to fuel dilution of oil
Impossible, petrol is very evaporative, in summer oil will
be hot enough to evaporate off petrol, pcv will suck petrol
fume into air intake

Forum: Technology May 17th 08, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By TE Chea
OK to remove thermostat?

Agree : if cylinder head & piston rings have the same co
efficient of expansion*, * will be the same, designers
make sure of this.

| > wear will increase
Only if plain mineral oil ( coarse,...
Forum: Technology May 16th 08, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By TE Chea
OK to remove thermostat?

| Not only will the engine be running too cool
Define too cool. If an engone is too hot ( torque drops ) in
summer, air intake tmprtre will be @ least 40ºC ( ideal ), in
summer this is the main...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 92