Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cousin It
Forum: Honda May 19th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Cousin It
96 Civic Stalls Under Acceleration

96 Civic DX, 225,000 miles, auto, D16Y7 engine.

Trying to help a friend with his (actually his wife's) Civic. Since this is
the wife's car I really can't get any info on maintenance. When I ask...
Forum: Honda May 2nd 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Cousin It
'91 Honda Accord rough acceleration, erratic speedometer

Letting the car run too long with a wire pulled to check for spark killed
your coil. You can do a very brief test that way, but the coil heats up
rapidly and dies. Look at you dead coil and you...
Forum: Honda April 18th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Cousin It
Rear motor mount on 1990 accord automatic

Head over to cb7tuner.com and do a search. There is a good step-by-step
process with pictures in one of their posts that is really good. The method
they cover is replacing it from the top, which...
Forum: Honda April 14th 07, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Cousin It
Idling problems with Honda Accord (99)

Sounds like you have a bad cylinder position sensor according to the code.
Unfortunately I believe that on your car the CYP sensor is an integral part
of the...
Forum: Honda January 13th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 14
Posted By Cousin It
Trunk leaks in 1991 Accord

I had the same problem on my 91 Accord and fixed it with a $5 tube of
Silicone II caulk like Elle suggested. I also ran a bead down the seam in
the gutter where the trunk and rear quarter panels...
Forum: Honda December 20th 06, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Cousin It
Speed Sensor on a 91 accord ex???

Yes, those are the typical symptoms of a dying/dead VSS.

"Shadwick" > wrote in message
> Yea ive been reading...
Forum: Honda December 5th 06, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Cousin It
Engine races on 1990 Honda

The likely list of suspects:

Air bubble in your cooling system
Vacuum leak
Idle Air Control Valve
Fast Idle Thermo Valve

"ldan" > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda October 1st 06, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Cousin It
1990 Honda Accord: trunk still leaks

I had the same problem on my 91. I caulked the taillight gaskets and I also
caulked the seams in the rain gutter where the rear quarter panels are
joined to the trunk. Fixed my leaking...
Forum: Honda October 1st 06, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Cousin It
car started without key

Ignition switch. This is one area where Honda has had problems. I never
had any problems but my 98 was recalled for a bad ignition switch.

"Elena08904" > wrote in message...
Forum: Honda August 14th 06, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Cousin It
engine shampoo

Cleaning the engine may help a mechanic see where the leak is coming from,
but it's not going to stop it. If anything, cleaning the engine may make
the leak worse.

> wrote in...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10