Showing results 1 to 25 of 160
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: c[_1_]
Forum: Jeep August 29th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By c[_1_]
Clanking Sound Came Back

John wrote:
> On Aug 29, 5:25 pm, twaldron > wrote:
>> John wrote:
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By c[_1_]
TJ not returning to center after turn

97tjMike wrote:
> On Aug 25, 7:35 pm, 97tjMike > wrote:
>> On Aug 25, 12:12 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
>>

>>> I had a grabbing and not returning issue...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By c[_1_]
TJ not returning to center after turn

Jeff, your description is right, but it is positive caster when the
upper ball joint in tilted back from the lower.

http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/article-37.htm

Also, I would bet...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 623
Posted By c[_1_]
Bill Hughes -- You are part of the problem, you can be the solution

SBlackfoot wrote:
>> Ok what have you done to get these trolls to stop? Hide in a hole and
>> hope they don't attack you???
>
> Not a single thing. I don't (often) make enough of an ass of...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Stupendous Man wrote:
> Bill ought to add a live webcam, it might add some entertainment value to
> this pathetic spectacle.

Don't give him any more loony ideas. He has enough without help.

Chris
Forum: Jeep August 25th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

97tjMike wrote:
> I have a 1997 TJ Sport with power steering. I posted this question a
> while ago but never really got an answer. The problem is that the
> steering wheel does not *completely*...
Forum: Jeep August 23rd 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By c[_1_]
Going to look at a CJ7 to possibly buy.

I was going to wait until I made my move to my new location to buy a
Jeep, but I found one that interested me here locally.

I know to check for things like frame and body rot, but are there any...
Forum: Jeep August 22nd 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 623
Posted By c[_1_]
Bill Hughes -- You are part of the problem, you can be the solution

I don't know if I misread you, or you misread me, but I was not implying
that Mike is a problem. I find his posts informative. I was agreeing
with both you and him. Just wanted to make that...
Forum: Jeep August 22nd 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 623
Posted By c[_1_]
Bill Hughes -- You are part of the problem, you can be the solution

Amen to both you and Mike.

Those guys rattled Bill's chain and he bit like a fish that hasn't eaten
in weeks. Best thing to do is just KF him and move on. I know it doesn't
help the situation when...
Forum: Jeep August 15th 07, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By c[_1_]
Test - Disregard

XS11E wrote:
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
>
>> "XS11E" > wrote in message
>>> But there still is...
Forum: Jeep August 14th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By c[_1_]
Motorcraft 2150

wrote:
> Does anyone know where the vacuum hose from the power valve should be
> hooked up to. I ahd someone do some work on it and now it goes to
> nowhere.

It needs to...
Forum: Jeep August 14th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By c[_1_]
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

The PCM uses the signals it receives from the TPS to adjust other
systems on the engine. I would also recommend cleaning the IAC valve and
connector. If it is sticking it can raise the idle speed...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By c[_1_]
M38A1 -- Idle's OK, Stalls on Acceleration

steve.newhouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a '53 M38A1 with what seems like a very "diagnosable" issue.
> The engine was rebuilt about 3 years ago and has a the correct carb.
> I leave it in MA during...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By c[_1_]
Tuning - Styling

PerfectReign wrote:
> on Monday 13 August 2007 03:57 am, someone posing as took
> a rock and etched into the cave:
>
>> Cool cars, tuning & styling, modified cars, many...
Forum: Audi August 13th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi,alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.gm,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By c[_1_]
Tuning - Styling

PerfectReign wrote:
> on Monday 13 August 2007 03:57 am, someone posing as took
> a rock and etched into the cave:
>
>> Cool cars, tuning & styling, modified cars, many...
Forum: Jeep August 10th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 77
Posted By c[_1_]
I wish some of you damn people would grow up! <OT>

Most of us agree Jeff. It is amazing that these people have such shallow
lives that they have nothing better to do. One person ****ed these
trolls off, and continues to do so because he is on some...
Forum: Jeep August 6th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By c[_1_]
1976 CJ5 Fuel Filler Tube

wrote:
> I recently purchaed a new fuel tank for my 76 CJ5 and once it arrived
> I realized that it had a 2.25" filler neck and my filler tube was more
> like 1". I installed the...
Forum: Jeep July 30th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By c[_1_]
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

wrote:
> I wrote in a few weeks back about my Wagoneer backfiring and the dying
> on the way back from NH. Thankfully your advice was right. I rebuilt
> the carb, replaced...
Forum: Jeep July 30th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By c[_1_]
Building a 'new' CJ7

Jeff DeWitt wrote:
> Steve Foley wrote:
>> I saw on the Discovery Channel a company out of California building
>> 'new' 1969 Camaros (Unique Performance). They're getting $125,000 for
>> them. They...
Forum: Jeep July 30th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By c[_1_]
detroit locker problem

wrote:

>> Yes, you should be able to pull the locker without altering the gear mesh
>> settings. If you have the EZ Locker, then you are at a cross-road. You have
>> to consider...
Forum: Jeep July 27th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By c[_1_]
Building a 'new' CJ7

Steve Foley wrote:
> I saw on the Discovery Channel a company out of California building 'new'
> 1969 Camaros (Unique Performance). They're getting $125,000 for them. They
> start with a junk from...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By c[_1_]
TJ vs JK

Mike Romain wrote:
> Earle Horton wrote:
>> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>> "T. Greening" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 07, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By c[_1_]
Electrical problem no. 2

jerryg wrote:
> On Jul 21, 6:32 pm, jerryg > wrote:
>> What could be draining my battery when the vehicle is not running? I
>> noticed the dome stays on constantly. I can jump start...
Forum: Jeep July 20th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By c[_1_]
FS: 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Familiar area code and exchange for me. He is in Tomahawk, Wisconsin
which is north central part of the state.

hdizzle wrote:
> It would be useful to know where you are located.
>
> On Jul 20,...
Forum: Jeep July 19th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By c[_1_]
CJ5 misfires at high RPM/hard acceleration