Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Forum: Technology September 21st 06, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
How Many Miles Are A Lot?

phaeton wrote:
> ...on modern cars.

> Let's order a few rounds of beer and discuss!

mmm, beer...
:~)>

i read somewhere that most recent engines were/are designed with a
175,000 mile duty cycle. i...
Forum: Technology August 30th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Strange double-width tires on a semi?

toronado455 wrote:
> I recently saw a semi (tractor-trailer) with tires like I've never see
> before.
>
> They were similar to what you might see on the front axle of a cement
> truck. Except these...
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Building a VW engine-start-stand

Wolfgang wrote:
> HA, I bet it really goes when the afterburner kicks in (open exhaust headers
> on red 2 gallon gas can)!

hee-hee. i always keep a fire extinguisher handy. the setup i...
Forum: VW air cooled August 25th 06, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
Kind of sad how people act.

Jan wrote:

> Beer is made by fermentation caused by bacteria feeding on yeast cells
> and then defecating.
> In other words, it's a nice tall glass of bacteria doo-doo.

umm, no, it isn't. beer...
Forum: VW air cooled August 25th 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote:
> Anyone have plans or advice on making a VW engine stand?
>
> Ideally I would like to use a old tranny bell housing and starter
> allowing the engine to be started on the...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5