Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott Van Nest
Forum: Honda December 27th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Price for 2008 Honda CR_V 4WD EX-L NAV?

Just to add, my experience is that when you go in with this information,
you don't get the run around. It is a very short negotiation when you are
knowledgeful. And if you do get hassled, be...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 22nd 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 106
Posted By Scott Van Nest
NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

I'll throw my vote in for a Tbird. I had one back in '95 and kick myself
still today for selling it.

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in...
Forum: Honda August 27th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Trading in vs. selling an old Honda Accord

Do you have a Carmax in your area? Just another option to validate what the
dealership would give you.

> wrote in...
Forum: General August 27th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Trading in vs. selling an old Honda Accord

Do you have a Carmax in your area? Just another option to validate what the
dealership would give you.

> wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 16th 07, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By Scott Van Nest
PING: Spike!

I just pretend its a White Cobra vert. <snicker snicker>

Scott
"Richard" > wrote in message
> Am I slow or what? I've been looking at the...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 10th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Spike!

Hey

You talk to BlueStang98 lately? Haven't heard from him lately. How is
the great outdoors (TN)?

Scott
"Kate" > wrote in...
Forum: Technology July 23rd 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Car batteries: Walmart any good?

I have had a cheap WM battery in my classic mustang that sits more than it
drives going on 5 or 6 years now. it goes dead once or twice in the winter,
give it enough charge to start the car, drive...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 19th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 21
Posted By Scott Van Nest
really weird 302 problem...

timing chain sprockets had plastic on them. I found the same in a rebuild
of my '71 302.

Scott
"vince garcia" > wrote in message
> If...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 18th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Van Nest
1971 Front Spoiler

Thanks. I was wondering why I couldn't find a spoiler in the shop manual.

"RD Jones" > wrote in message
> On Jul 16,...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 16th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Van Nest
1971 Front Spoiler

Hey,
Classic Mustang here in OKC shows a listing for a Fiberglass spoiler and a
'High Impact' plastic. They show the plastic to be for fastbacks and the
Boss 351, the fiberglass is listed for 6...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 12th 07, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Best Price on Ford Extended Warranties

I have used http://www.fordesp.com/ in the past. Take their quote to the
dealer and its usually a no hassle deal.

Scott
"Tom from WI" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 24th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Spring and the Mustangs are blooming in the Northeast

Good for you guys. Down here (OKC) we're dodging tornados again. NO
Mustang driving tonight. But lucky us, we drive most all winter.

Scott
"dwight" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 26th 07, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Extended Warranty

Do an internet search for "Ford ESP". You will find many websites that list
the std Ford ESP policies and prices. The one I used some time ago was
fordesp.com. I took the prices from that website...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 22nd 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Van Nest
PING>>>>>>>>>Scott Van Nest & Kate

oh wait. found an old SIM card. you have mail.

"2.3Sleeper" > wrote in message
> Do any of you have contact...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 22nd 06, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Van Nest
PING>>>>>>>>>Scott Van Nest & Kate

I lost his info in a cell phone crash. sorry dude.

"2.3Sleeper" > wrote in message
> Do any of you have...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 9th 06, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott Van Nest
2005 cooling system clicking

I have a '06 F150 SC and the AC clutch is loud. I can hear it inside the
cab from time to time. Dealer gave me the story, that is how it is. I got
the 6yr/100k warranty so I am not too...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 1st 06, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By Scott Van Nest
'71 Tires and Wheels

Nevermind. found the article I was looking for.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/mump_0507_ford_mustang_large_wheels_fit/

"Scott Van Nest" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 1st 06, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By Scott Van Nest
'71 Tires and Wheels

I just saw the '67 from a few posts ago with the 17 inch wheels. I don't
think it looks too bad. What would it take to put a set of those GT wheels
on my '71? Do you have to use a spacer to move...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 12th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Question about horsepower

Let me give you a little history of my '71. The motor was all original and
it would barely break loose one tire. After a mild rebuild (331 stroker)
the car is totally different. I am still using...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 12th 06, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Question: tire size

Thanks. but I think my personal preference is to have the same size all
around. I am more the cruiser than pulling the front tires off the ground.
I am still pondering some 16 inch wheels with a...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 11th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Question: tire size

You have any pics of what that looks like? I have a '71 myself and am
trying to decide what to do.

"RJ" > wrote in message
> 1972...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 17th 06, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Van Nest
71-73 mustang engine swap, power &mpg?? what fits??

That is why I now have a 331 with 3.90 gears. I don't even bother with
milage or miles driven.

But I am looking into the Gears Vendor overdrive kit.

Scott
"walt peifer" >...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 17th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Van Nest
71-73 mustang engine swap, power &mpg?? what fits??

I would think a stock 302 with the small 2 bll and 3.00 gears would get 20.
I would die to know I had to run that setup again.

Scott

"My Names Nobody" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 13th 06, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott Van Nest
Does anyone elses Explorer lean to the left

Our 2000 Sport had a 3/4 inch drop. I measured from the bottom of the shock
bolt to the ground.

Scott
"John Bryan" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 10th 06, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Van Nest
? regarding Ford ( and other) warrantys

Do some internet searching for "Ford ESP". Quite a few ford dealerships
sell the warranties considerably cheaper than just walking in the
dealership. I had this info in hand when I purchased my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27