Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Forum: Driving November 2nd 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Falacy of the Electric Car

"Bernd Felsche" > wrote
> Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>>Last time on rec.autos.driving, "Floyd Rogers" said:
> Solar and wind power are both...
Forum: Driving November 1st 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Falacy of the Electric Car

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote
> "Bernd Felsche" > wrote
>> I admit that I was ignorant of such obtuseness. I was trained in the
>> civilised...
Forum: Driving November 1st 09, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Falacy of the Electric Car

"Bernd Felsche" > wrote
> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote:
>>"Bernd Felsche" > wrote
>>> Scott in SoCal...
Forum: Driving November 1st 09, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Falacy of the Electric Car

"Bernd Felsche" > wrote
> Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>>Only when electric cars suck more juice than a pair of 5-ton air
>>conditioners.

Forum: Driving October 31st 09, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Falacy of the Electric Car

"richard" > wrote
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:39:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
> ????
> No. You produce power on a more local level. I see no reason why the city
> of...
Forum: Driving October 31st 09, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 233
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Falacy of the Electric Car

"elmer" > wrote
> Scott in SoCal wrote:
>> Last time on rec.autos.driving, elmer > said:

> Nuclear energy is not here now and they don't want to bring it on board.
> Solar cells are...
Forum: BMW October 30th 09, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
5 series brake rotors?

"DonP" > wrote
>On Oct 28, 8:36 am, wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:13:38 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
> Oh, one final question. IF I do them...
Forum: BMW October 28th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Site with all BMW oem wheels ?

"Joe C" > wrote
> There was a website with all the oem style wheels, does
> anyone know it ?

http://bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/wheels/BMWWheels.htm has quite a...
Forum: BMW October 27th 09, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
5 series brake rotors?

"HDGoose" > wrote
>Thanks for all that good info. I would have considered doing them
>myself, or at least have my local shade tree mechanic do it, but
>"they" make it sound...
Forum: BMW October 27th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
5 series brake rotors?

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote
> "HDGoose" > wrote
>> I'm also told by a brake shop owner who works on BMWs among others
>> that it's not always...
Forum: BMW October 27th 09, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 19
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
5 series brake rotors?

"HDGoose" > wrote
> Any comments on the replacing-vs-turning of the front brake rotors on
> a 2001 525i?
> I'm told by BMW techs that they MUST be replaced at each brake job.
Forum: Driving October 23rd 09, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 197
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
May The Best Mode Win

> wrote
>On Oct 23, 12:49 pm, N8N > wrote:
>
>> > Does it support DOS applications?
>>
>> Hell, Windows doesn't, anymore.
>
>Umm, I run my old DOS stuff all...
Forum: Driving October 23rd 09, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 197
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
May The Best Mode Win

"Alan Baker" > wrote
> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote:

>> This statement is contrary to the facts: there were only 5 (can't
>> remember
>> accurately, but...
Forum: Driving October 23rd 09, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 197
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
May The Best Mode Win

On Oct 22, 11:54 pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." wrote:
>> Indeed. But Microsoft Office is usually the popular choice, given that a
>> large userbase often shared word...
Forum: Driving October 23rd 09, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 197
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
May The Best Mode Win

"Free Lunch" > wrote
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:13:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote
>>On Oct 22, 11:54 pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr."
Forum: Driving October 23rd 09, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 197
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
May The Best Mode Win

"RonB" > wrote
> Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> And what people tend to forget when they laud Microsoft's business acumen,
> is that Microsoft's monopoly was built on the...
Forum: Driving October 20th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.rail.americas,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 197
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
May The Best Mode Win

"Brent" > wrote
> On 2009-10-20, chrisv > wrote:
>> Brent wrote:
>>
>>>It isn't and hasn't been. There have always been other OS choices....
Forum: BMW October 13th 09, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Any Wagon drivers out there?

"GT" > wrote
>On Oct 13, 2:40 am, Guppy Pilot > wrote:
>.
>I would say it's a bit small for adults in the rear seats, except if
>the...
Forum: BMW October 12th 09, 03:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
2003 Z4 question

"Jim" <nospam@wherever> wrote
> I have bought as per subject line and after searching through the
> owners manual and following instructions, I can not get the anti-theft
> alarm system to...
Forum: BMW September 26th 09, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
Where Can I Find BMW Parts Numbers?

"Roclive" > wrote
> Would anybody know of a site/email address, where I can request BMW parts
> numbers?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

FloydR
Forum: BMW September 20th 09, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 23
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
New BMW owner

"Jim" <nospam@wherever> wrote
> I am in Saskatchewan Canada and just bought a used 2003 Z4 Roadster
> with a soft top. It has 28 thousand kilometers on it (15 thousand
> miles)and was mostly...
Forum: BMW September 8th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
lug wrench size??

"dwilli" > wrote
>Daughter borrowed my '02 540i (w/sport), got a flat, I went to
>help....great....no lug wrench. Going back >today with a variety of sizes
>but it would really...
Forum: BMW September 3rd 09, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
E39 overheating

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote
> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote
>> "R. Mark Clayton" > wrote
>> Later models of the E39...
Forum: BMW September 1st 09, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 21
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
E39 overheating

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote
> "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote
>> In article >,
>> R. Mark Clayton...
Forum: Driving August 31st 09, 02:50 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 133
Posted By Floyd Rogers[_1_]
First NJ Red Light Cameras

"Peter" > wrote