Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave[_1_]
Forum: Driving April 15th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime,soc.culture.usa
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Why do people get vanity license plates??

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> It just makes it easier for someone to see and remember your plate if
> you're involved in a hit-and-run, a crime which has now reached epidemic
Forum: Driving April 15th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Hummer vs. School Bus

Fred G. Mackey wrote:
stop pretty much anywhere in the road, at any
>> time. Plan on it.
>>

> When they do that in the course of their normal operation, they're
> supposed to extend the stop...
Forum: Chrysler April 3rd 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Charger as police interceptor

Previous to 1971 SAE horsepower rating were GROSS, i.e. without
accessories such as belts for power steering etc. Beginning in 1971
they went with NET ratings as more realistic.

Art wrote:
> The...
Forum: Chrysler March 23rd 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Can Chrysler hit jackpot again?

Like Plymouth?

Joe wrote:
> Maybe Chrysler should consider launching a low-priced brand. They could
> just add a new brand at the Chrysler dealers. That would leave Dodge to
> concentrate on...
Forum: Driving March 17th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 55
Posted By Dave[_1_]
GM going away from high-beam DRLs?

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> "Ed Pirrero" > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>> Well, when your eyes get old...
Forum: Dodge March 17th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Automatic door locks

grizz440 wrote:
> Does anyone know how to disable the automatic door locks on a 1994 LHS. Out
> here in farm country we don't even take the keys out of the ignition let
> alone worry about locking...
Forum: Technology January 27th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Hybrid cars a safe buy?

wrote:
> I remember an article I read about three years ago.Someone in Florida
> was letting their Chrysler (or whatever make and model car it was)
> electric/hybrid car's batteries...
Forum: Chrysler December 10th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 69
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Rented a RWD Magnum in wintery Montana - Yuk!

NOt if you drive up here in the snowy and icey northeast. If I lived in
the warmer climates it would not matter to me.

Scott Dennison wrote:
> Front wheel drive is LAME! About time cars switched...
Forum: Driving December 2nd 06, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 41
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Ford now NUMBER 4 in US car sales

Stu Gotz wrote:

> Most of Ford's mistakes are strategic: Ford is sold every Mustang they built
> last year, and the Fusion looks like another home run, too. Unfortunately,
> ABS is an extra-cost...
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 06, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Convertible top header latches

wrote:
> For what? a Lebaron, Sebring, an older mopar Convertible. Have you phoned
> the ****ing dealer yourself? Or do we have to do it for you. Ask them if
> they are...
Forum: Driving November 19th 06, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 28
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Lucky idiot killed idiot over a Taurus

THe kid was wrong to steal the car but the owner (who stated the
neighborhood was declining) choose to leave his running car UNLOCKED!
Who is stupid here!

gpsman wrote:
> No charges for killing...
Forum: Chrysler October 24th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Replies: 146
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

Ray O wrote:

> I am not aware of any law in Japan that prohibits driving any car past 50 K
> miles. The website for the Japan's National Agency of Vehicle Inspection
> (English web site:...
Forum: Chrysler October 22nd 06, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan

wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:16:40 GMT, Some O > graced this
> newsgroup with:
>
>> In article >,
Forum: Chrysler October 19th 06, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 42
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Hot Asian Cars, Designed In Detroit

DeserTBoB wrote:

> The 300M was just another gussied up LH, wasn't it, a la Iacocca's EEK
> cars. The current 300 is a whole different concept and even has some
> performance in its hemi form,...
Forum: Technology October 19th 06, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave[_1_]
toyota corollas

cancan wrote:
> i was recently in a car accident and feel that it was because there was
> a malfunction in the steering wheel of my car. i had a 2006 corolla
> sport and i had only owned it for 3...
Forum: Chrysler October 10th 06, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 38
Posted By Dave[_1_]
The Aspen, new and old

duty-honor-country wrote:

> where would YOU get money for a Prowler ? Your only prerequisite for a
> car, is gas mileage. You can barely fuel a 4-cylinder, let alone a V-8
> performance rod.
Forum: Technology October 5th 06, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.lincoln,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Is the Lincoln Town Car cancelled or not?

F. Baker wrote:
> I've heard conflicting reports in this:
> can someone give the definitive answer as to whether the Lincoln
> Town Car is being cancelled or not?
> Thanks.

Although the plant...
Forum: Driving September 18th 06, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_1_]
power and these new-fangled cars

Why didn't you just call the rental company and get another car? Really
simple solution. You put yourself and others at risk by not having the
rental company tow the car away.

Sharon wrote:
> Last...
Forum: Driving September 18th 06, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 60
Posted By Dave[_1_]
California bans driving while holding a cell phone - THIS ISBULL****

Bill Bonde ('Anyone for tennis, wouldn't that be nice?') wrote:

> B1ackwater wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:01:11 +0100, Eeyore
Forum: Driving September 7th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave[_1_]
This guy has the right idea

Arif Khokar wrote:
> http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060810/NEWS10/608100372/1001/NEWS
>
> A story about the Iowa DOT vs. a Corvair owner with plates that say F
> NADER.
Forum: Technology August 28th 06, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Storing your car.

bob wrote:
> "John P." > wrote in message
>> Hi, I am going into the military in a few day..which calls for me to
Forum: Technology August 10th 06, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.audio.car,alt.security.alarms,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Remote car start via phone?

Doug L wrote:
> Yeh and on the West Coast we'll have to remote start the car and run the AC
> first
>
> Doug

I have done that here in Pittsburgh this past month. With highs in the
mid 90s...
Forum: Technology August 8th 06, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.audio.car,alt.security.alarms,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Remote car start via phone?

Frank Olson wrote:

> In Vancouver, if you idle your engine for longer than 3 minutes while
> parked anywhere, you're subject to an $80.00 fine. This has something
> to do with lowering...
Forum: Chrysler July 29th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave[_1_]
New Dodge Challenger - is it just me?

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
> This may be nit-picking, but is it just me or does anyone else think
> that the concept car bears more of a resemblance to the old Cuda
> rather than the old...
Forum: Driving July 15th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave[_1_]
Patrol Car slams into Car on Intersection.............PoliceCar Camera

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> If someone is in their modern, well-insulated car with the windown up
> and the A/C and/or stereo blasting, they might never even notice
> there's a firetruck coming...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28