Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: One out of many Daves
Forum: VW air cooled December 29th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
replace fuse box

not sure what you are trying to do.
http://www.nfauto.co.uk/fuse_panels.htm

Are you trying to replace the original fuse box with one that takes the
blade fuses? With the exact same fit and # of...
Forum: VW water cooled December 29th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
My tire took off

hmmm
YEP that ex-SO might have done it, but I would check ALL wheel lug bolts and
would consider purchasing some wheel locks too.
Some wheels should have their bolts retorqued after XX miles to make...
Forum: VW water cooled October 2nd 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 23
1992 Volkswagen (VW) Jetta Diesel TDI Overheat Coolant Leak Issue

lol
CHANGE THAT CAP NOW!!!

AND FIX THAT OIL IN THE COOLANT PROBLEM!!!

A4 hose and radiator clogged with oil so coolant could not flow causing...
Forum: VW water cooled October 2nd 06, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
NOW; Use of fluid in strut housing.........WAS: Shock and strut sources?

Now this sounds like a real discussion! ;-)
I have seen instructions on pouring in some oil/antifreeze either in the
repair manuals or with the strut cartridge instructions.

Where is it written...
Forum: VW water cooled October 1st 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Shock and strut sources?

others must have read the article I read! ;-)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled/browse_thread/thread/777f2f3fece31556/9399e70e62874c44%239399e70e62874c44

"One out of...
Forum: VW water cooled October 1st 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Shock and strut sources?

are you sure?
I seem to remember reading this many years ago and it made sense to me!
of course I will not be able to pull up that article. lol

Well put the oil in the housing for anti-rust...
Forum: VW water cooled October 1st 06, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 23
1992 Volkswagen (VW) Jetta Diesel TDI Overheat Coolant Leak Issue

Does it begin to sound like a bad head gasket?
Were the radiator hoses very firm due to pressure in the cooling system?
And you said that you had a new coolant bottle cap right?
Any dark color in...
Forum: VW water cooled September 28th 06, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
1994 Jetta GL 2.0L Automatic transmission

how does the RPMs stay the same while the tachometer goes crazy? the tach.
meters the RPMs (engine speed).

if the RPMs go up but the speed of the car does not increase then I would
suspect the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 28th 06, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
A3 Jetta hard to start

Engine Speed Sensor (AKA Crank Position Sensor) maybe?

Was the ign coil/transformer purchased from the dealer?
I have seen too many bad aftermarket coils for the 2.0 engine. :-(
--...
Forum: VW water cooled September 26th 06, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
87 Volkswagen Quantum

did you change the air filter?
5cyl or 4cyl?

too much gas not enough air or combustion
check the timing belt also

"Matt B." > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi September 26th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
engine check light turned on

AFAIK
secondary air pump should be towards the front of the engine compartment
(air filter side) down real low.
accessed by removing that lower engine cover or splashguard.

"daytripper"...
Forum: Audi September 26th 06, 02:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
Timing Belt Failure 43K Certified 2001.5 Celebration Edition Ultra Sport

thanks for sharing that story.
It sounds like you had good success with Audi Customer Service.

> wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 25th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Shock and strut sources?

"Brian Running" > wrote in message

snip

> Are there particular brands that are especially favored?

F&S, Boge, Bilstein...
Forum: Audi September 25th 06, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
steering wheel vibration under hard acceleration audi a6 quattro

Oh and don't forget about the exhaust hitting some of the body during hard
acceleration and it might also be affected by how much weight is in the
vehicle!
Forum: VW air cooled September 24th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
good VW air cooled mechanic in IL

more info or links can be found on this Illinois site
http://www.nivaclub.org/
Forum: VW air cooled September 23rd 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
good VW air cooled mechanic in IL

where in northern IL?

"SB71" > wrote in message
>l am looking for a good VW bug mechanic in northern IL. too many...
Forum: Audi September 23rd 06, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
2001 A4 Bentley manual (CD) and Brake rotors

I am interested in the Bentley CD.
let me know!
dave
(one out of many daves)
vwdoc1 at hotmail dot com

"Dennis W" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 06, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
'94 Jetta GL III

insurance rates might be cheaper for vehicles with passive restraints AFAIK

"Matt B." > wrote in message
> "Jim Pineau" >...
Forum: Audi September 23rd 06, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
steering wheel vibration under hard acceleration audi a6 quattro

CV Joints
Engine/transmission mounts
Tie rods
Ball joints
Front suspension bushings
????

"john-in-uk" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 17th 06, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
81 rabbit--Oxygen sensor Test

sounds like things seem to be working. ;-)

"jfruniontown" > wrote in message

> shot the carb cleaner into the...
Forum: VW air cooled September 17th 06, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 21
Brake upgrade

hmmm (US Type 1s, Beetles)
I thought the brake shoes were the same on the front of the '66 Type 1s and
the '68 Type 1s.
IIRC The rear shoes should be larger on the '68.

"Anthony W"...
Forum: Audi September 17th 06, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Fuse for brake lights keeps blowing - tech can't find problem 1998 A4 1.8 Quattro

auto or manual?
the auto trans may have a solenoid or relay that needs that brake light
switch to allow you to select a driving range.

just a wild guess but did that tech check the wiring at the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Loss of power

good on changing that fuel filter. That should help!

IIRC
The Fox fuel injection will have a two stage, or progressive, throttle body.
When you first step on the gas pedal the smaller primary...
Forum: VW water cooled September 8th 06, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
99 vw GOLF 2.0 loss of power...tried everything...please help

the clutch/pulley on the a/c compressor engages and now the engine has to
power or turn the compressor too.
the little power that you had from the engine is now being robbed by the a/c...
Forum: VW water cooled September 8th 06, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Loss of power

don't forget the transfer pump in the fuel tank
you need to make sure that it functions well.

02 sensor might be going bad also
how are you setting the CO?

did you clean and check the fuel...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93