Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: winddancir
Forum: General April 13th 06, 08:11 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By winddancir
Nikki, I'm glad your girls worked things out. But...

Nikki,
I'm glad your girls worked things out. But all bettas can be aggressive. It just depends on how you set them up together. It sounds like you did a good job providing them with hiding spots,...
Forum: General July 22nd 05, 08:58 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By winddancir
I haven't gotten the Maracyn 2, but I do have...

I haven't gotten the Maracyn 2, but I do have Maracyn 1. On the 20th, when I got home, Blaze was huddled by the heater. I did a partial water change with some Maracyn 1. I've been doing half changes...
Forum: General July 20th 05, 09:11 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By winddancir
I'll stop by a store and see if they havw...

I'll stop by a store and see if they havw kanamycin. It's pretty early stages, but advancing no matter what I do. He's normally dark pink, but he looks pale lavander right now. And the scales are...
Forum: General July 19th 05, 09:00 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By winddancir
Betta w/ Dropsy

Oh, No!!! I've lost one, and thought that everything was contained, but now a second one has come down with it. Does anyone know of what might help? I know there is a small chance that anything I can...
Forum: General July 18th 05, 07:24 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
Nope, nothing happened. I'll let them all rest...

Nope, nothing happened. I'll let them all rest and see if another totally different pair will go for it. Ice and Beauty! Beauty I have spawned before, but I don't know how Ice will perform. Beauty...
Forum: General July 7th 05, 09:54 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
Strange enough, I observed Blaze (my male) kinda...

Strange enough, I observed Blaze (my male) kinda doing that stunned thing. He would wrap her, and if she wasn't in the right position, she would swim out. Blaze would stay in the position as if he...
Forum: General July 6th 05, 08:28 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
Okay, they finally spawned after I re-introduced...

Okay, they finally spawned after I re-introduced them. Yay! That was the good news. The bad news is, those eggs must have tasted sooooo good, because they both ate them all. I watched her scarf them...
Forum: General July 1st 05, 08:12 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
New Spawn Try

Okay. I am now trying to get Blaze and Sweetie to spawn. I've had one time failed, due to him being a little too aggressive. Now, he's been in complete isolation, and seems a little nicer. He has...
Forum: General June 30th 05, 03:37 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By winddancir
I've been trying again, but my boy Blaze is being...

I've been trying again, but my boy Blaze is being an aggressive little nevermind. I've tried him with both of the females (Sweetie & Frisky) (one at a time) and now he's on time out! I'm thinking...
Forum: General June 29th 05, 07:58 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By winddancir
Well, I had five out of eight left together, one...

Well, I had five out of eight left together, one died of shock and stress, and 2 were eaten by siblings (or maybe those killer snails). The other two weren't having problems with each other, but I...
Forum: Goldfish June 24th 05, 12:08 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By winddancir
Want to borrow my cat? She'll hunt and kill and...

Want to borrow my cat? She'll hunt and kill and eat anything as long as she doesn't have to get wet... um, oops?
Or I could give them to my bettas for treats! lol
Forum: General June 23rd 05, 07:36 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By winddancir
Ha! I suspect the kissing gourami with the mouth...

Ha! I suspect the kissing gourami with the mouth in the tank!
The rays in the tail are a bit more sturdy, and if the gourami is picking on the betta (quite possible) it might look like that. Does the...
Forum: Plants June 22nd 05, 10:47 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By winddancir
Java Fern

It's a good thing that I've seen other ferns do this, or I would thing some alien creature was attaching itself to my fern!

I now know that the Java fern is a mother fern type, meaning its offspring...
Forum: General June 21st 05, 12:12 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
Hey Tynk, don't feel so bad. I've got another...

Hey Tynk, don't feel so bad. I've got another strange one that I HAVE seen.

A PLAID betta!!!!

My girl Beauty (blue) goes = most of the time. But in the days before I breed her with Sparky, she...
Forum: General June 15th 05, 05:03 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By winddancir
Okay, I finally am doing another update. I just...

Okay, I finally am doing another update. I just moved into my new apartment on Saturday. I had also posted on suggestions for moving my fish.

-snipped-
I wish I had been able to get the fry...
Forum: General June 14th 05, 09:51 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By winddancir
Yeah, but I think the little boogers like the...

Yeah, but I think the little boogers like the taste of our skin, or are just being freindly!
Forum: General June 14th 05, 09:46 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
Okay, I have moved all my fishies. With the...

Okay, I have moved all my fishies. With the adults, I lowered the water to 2-3 inches and they moved well. Just hold the container in the air a little so it wouldn't have every bump. Keeping it up a...
Forum: General June 14th 05, 07:31 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By winddancir
It's only June! Just wait until the dog days of...

It's only June! Just wait until the dog days of summer. Us Californians in the USA have learned that air conditioning is good. Floating ice and fans work as well. Also, if your...
Forum: General June 9th 05, 11:52 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By winddancir
Hey! I thought of one! You move out of your...

Hey! I thought of one!
You move out of your parent's house to your own apartment so you aren't limited to your bedroom for your fish tanks! Any one wanna congradulate me? Okay, that's only *part* of...
Forum: General June 9th 05, 05:20 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By winddancir
Exclamation Moving... with fish

Yay! I got my own apartment! Nice place, 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Fireplace. Spacious kitchen. Just one problem. My fish! Any ideas on the best way to move them? All bettas, 7 one gallon containers (mini...
Forum: General June 9th 05, 04:40 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By winddancir
Hey some one remembered! Thanks for asking....

Hey some one remembered! Thanks for asking. They're still growing, and I've noticed a little bit of aggresiveness from 5-6 of them. So I'm just waiting until this weekend to jar some.
BTW, see the...
Forum: General June 9th 05, 12:27 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By winddancir
But what's wrong with drinking a little fish...

But what's wrong with drinking a little fish water? All those bacteria and germs and virus things just help build your immune system! lol I don't have a problem with sucking, but then I've only got...
Forum: General June 8th 05, 12:33 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By winddancir
Steve, that one is soo funny! I would have caught...

Steve, that one is soo funny! I would have caught it in a second! Though somtimes I think my CT boy Ice might try to explode if it would help him try to kill the picture on the Hikari betta food...
Forum: General June 2nd 05, 09:13 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By winddancir
I know what you mean about depressed bettas. I...

I know what you mean about depressed bettas. I keep 4 of mine in a square, 2 girls, 2 boys. One, my red/blue/white CT (Prince Charlie), gets droopy if I don't keep anyone near him. And if the other...
Forum: General May 20th 05, 08:49 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By winddancir
Hey Tynk! Good news is : You will get better. Bad...

Hey Tynk!
Good news is : You will get better.
Bad news is : Your fish keep looking at you funny and wondering if they need to get a new pet person.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100