Showing results 1 to 25 of 211
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Papa
Forum: VW air cooled April 5th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Papa
Year and make

Please keep the same topic in the same thread. Thanks.
Forum: VW air cooled March 31st 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Papa
How much current does a 6V starter motor pull?

Hmmnnn. You just don't get it, do you? O, well, guess there are newbies in
every forum.
Forum: VW air cooled March 30th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Papa
How much current does a 6V starter motor pull?

You could use a relay near the starter. Then the switch could be light-duty
and much less of a fire risk in case of a short circuit.

"Dangermouse" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled March 28th 07, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Papa
What to do?

You got served that notice because your vehicles are a nuisance that ruin
the looks of a neighborhood, invite crime, and cause property values to go
down. Your notice was most likely the result of...
Forum: VW water cooled March 23rd 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Papa
Unscrupulous VW service dept.?

"Gary D" > wrote in message
> How do you handle an unscrupulous VW service department after they have
> ripped you off?...
Forum: VW air cooled March 18th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Papa
1970 vw beetle

Possibly a bad voltage regulator, or your generator (alternator??) is going
out.

> wrote in message
> it started 3...
Forum: VW water cooled March 12th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By Papa
A Few Questions and Observations

Forum: VW water cooled March 12th 07, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By Papa
A Few Questions and Observations

> On Mar 11, 2:36 pm, "Papa" > wrote:
>> Yes, far too many owners neglect their vehicles in the area of safety and
>> common sense, just as far too many people use their real e-mail...
Forum: VW water cooled March 11th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 24
Posted By Papa
A Few Questions and Observations

Yes, far too many owners neglect their vehicles in the area of safety and
common sense, just as far too many people use their real e-mail addresses in
newsgroup posts. In either case, it is not...
Forum: VW water cooled February 23rd 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Papa
1982 factory westy deisel

Try Ebay and/or VWvortex. You will have better results selling your vehicle
there, but furnish photos, a detailed description, and the status of your
title.
Forum: VW water cooled February 18th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Papa
Removing center consle...

You really need to mention the make, model, and year. Without this info,
most answers will just be a guess. Also, it would help if you list the type
of transmission and whether or not your vehicle...
Forum: VW air cooled February 17th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Papa
Reflection On Winter In A VW

The pre-1998 Bugs were never a winter car, especially in the rust belt where
road salt is used. Too many unprotected moving surfaces that get corroded
and fail to function properly, such as door...
Forum: VW air cooled February 15th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Papa
How many Kombi's are on the road world wide? Anyone seen a study?

> I need primary sources. By country, by state, by model, by year.
>
> I need the raw data. I need to know that its true and correct
> according to a given set of controls. I need it signed. And I...
Forum: VW water cooled February 13th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Papa
Whole lot a shaking going on

Slightly out of time??
Forum: VW water cooled February 12th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Papa
How is timing belt covered under VW's 10 year 100k warranty?

Oops! I apologize. Didn't notice your one-liner.
Forum: VW water cooled February 12th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Papa
How is timing belt covered under VW's 10 year 100k warranty?

>>> Who is a troll???
>>>
>>samstone, of course.
> why do you call me a troll?

Look at your previous post. Did you say anything? If you post but say
Forum: VW air cooled February 12th 07, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Papa
How often timing belts break on 2003 Golf?

"Tom Levigne" > wrote in message
> Yes, I understand what type of engine I own and I refer to the owner's
> manual...
Forum: VW water cooled February 11th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Gary D" > wrote in message
> <<<<Right... Which then makes his most recent post (this thread) a
> troll... Sorry!>>>>

Forum: VW water cooled February 11th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Papa
How often timing belts break on 2003 Golf?

Does your car have an interference engine? In case you don't know what an
interference engine is, it is an engine that will destroy itself if it gets
out of time (the valves will strike the top of...
Forum: VW water cooled February 8th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Papa
fewer than 12 hours left (FOR WHAT??)

What is this all about?? And who in the world is Chris??
Forum: VW air cooled February 7th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Papa
1970 vw body question

> i didn't get an owners manual with it, and i'm wanting to keep the out
> side how it was made... how can i tell if it had one???

Do a Google search. There is a ton of information out there on...
Forum: VW water cooled February 4th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Papa
Help me hotwire my Rabbiit

Sounds like you need to replace your ignition switch, or repair the wiring
going to it. A Bentley service manual is helpful for this and many other
repair jobs. It contains wiring diagrams and...
Forum: VW water cooled February 3rd 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Papa
Is this a good price for a Beetle?

What does Edmunds say? Go to their website and find out.
Forum: VW air cooled February 3rd 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Papa
Beetle vs Super Beetle

I'm talking about pre-1998 Beetles. What years were the Super Beetles
produced for US customers? What years were the regular Beetles produced for
US customers?

I have read many comments from...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 211