Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: [email protected][_1_]
Forum: Driving September 9th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Myths About the Modern World

wrote:
> Common Myths and Misconceptions in the modern world
>
> Myth #1- Everyone should drive a big vehicle in order to be safe.
>
> If everyone on the road were...
Forum: Driving August 25th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Airport Security Question

In a Nutshell, are the additional searches before boarding airplanes
really "randomized" or are they criminal/racial profiling?

East-
Forum: Driving August 20th 06, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Suzuki Forenza

The Forenza really isn't such a bad car. I dont' believe anything CR
says anymore. It's all a bunch of bull. I still can't believe they
would compare a Mustang to a little 4 banger FWD...
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 238
Do you approve of this too jaybird?

Brent P wrote:
> I won't even comment.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slaw1tYDPFc
>
> An article on the video:
>
> http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/170806_rubber_bullets.html
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Suzuki Forenza

What is up with Consumer Reports Slamming this car? In many words of
their reports & opinions they basically in a fancy manner said that the
car was a piece of ****.

As a Rebuttal. What else do...
Forum: Driving August 15th 06, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 6
Cold Weather

Do the cars in snow country like in such places as Canada, Minnesota,
and the Dakotas. Do the cars wear out prematurely over there because
of the cold? Do such cars need more servicing somehow? ...
Forum: Driving August 14th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 7
The problems in Canada

As for Laura's snide comments. This story is totally possible and it
DID happen. It's just not very well publicized.

Ever heard about the prison overcrowding problem in England? British
Prisoners...
Forum: Driving August 14th 06, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Driving Catch-22

Oh yeah and the guy in the Nissan... He's dead now, fataly wounded
after pointing his weapon at the CHP through his windshield, the
CHP/LAPD shot to kill once they noticed suspects gun.

Apparently...
Forum: Driving August 14th 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Driving Catch-22

There is this god awfull Interchange Ramp in Southern California that I
used to have to take every day. The ramp going from I405 North to I110
South. You can see it on Mapquest.com or Google...
Forum: Driving August 14th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 23
Black car vs White car in summer heat

Is there a big difference in how hot the interior of a car gets
depending if the exterior is black or white?

For instance a 2006 Black Toyota Camry with Black leather interior vs a
2006 White Toyota...
Forum: Driving August 14th 06, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
The problems in Canada

A 30 year old man in Toronto Canada was convicted for wreckless
endangerment, driving under the influence, and assult and battery. In
2005. The judge gave him the choice of 20 years behind bars or...
Forum: Driving August 4th 06, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
The war against the car will never succeed (was: Americans' love affair with cars starts to skid)

Ivan wrote:
> The war against the car will never succeed
>

> MARGARET WENTE
>

> The other day, as I drove to my exercise class (yes, yes, I know there's
> a contradiction there), people on the...
Forum: Driving July 27th 06, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 13
Following old Route 66

bessie wrote:
> Hello all
>
> My husband and I are planning to travel across the country this fall
> following the old route 66.
> I was wondering if anyone had any really cool place to stay along...
Forum: VW water cooled July 24th 06, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
90 Golf is great, but jumpy when it's damp

NO NO NO!!! Your just asking for nothing short of an ENGINE fire. Do
not spray WD40 on the engine anymore! It is very very flammable. It
has a low flashpoint.

TO EVERYONE IN THIS NG. DO NOT DO...
Forum: Driving July 17th 06, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
steering geometry

Can someone in the newsgroup please enlighten us all on what car
companies make cars with good steering geometry as well as the car
companies with cars with bad steering geometry.

I we told that BMW...
Forum: Driving July 5th 06, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers
Replies: 19
New LA Ordinance: > 72 Hours == Abandoned Auto

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > According to KTLA, a new law went into effect on Monday in Los
> > Angeles: if you leave a vehicle...
Forum: Driving July 2nd 06, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 45
Would you support higher speed limits - for a fee?

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> How about a system where the speed limit on freeways is set at 60 mph
> but for a fee of say $5,000 a year you can legally do up to 80.?

I would support...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17