Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mabar
Forum: Jeep December 30th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By mabar
?Black box in 2000 wrangler, 96 cherokee.

Absolutely correct!

Tom

> wrote in message

snip.

> It's the equivalent of the knee jerk response to various efforts...
Forum: Jeep December 29th 06, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By mabar
Waiting for BFG AT KO's

Scott, you better double check that price guarantee. Some tire stores will
only "price match" or "price guarantee" actual retail dealers/stores prices
and will not match internet prices.

Tom

"Scott...
Forum: Jeep December 27th 06, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By mabar
?Black box in 2000 wrangler, 96 cherokee.

Clint:

I already DO pay taxes for the miles that I drive in the form of gasoline
taxes, which account for probably about 1/3 of the price of a gallon of gas
that I pay now.

I hope you are not...
Forum: Jeep December 26th 06, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By mabar
?Black box in 2000 wrangler, 96 cherokee.

Earl:

I'm not advocating tobacco smoke detectors, or any other kind of smoke
detectors. I'm just saying that the information "black boxes" of today
contain, and ways they are now being used are just...
Forum: Jeep December 25th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
Posted By mabar
?Black box in 2000 wrangler, 96 cherokee.

The limited information and the limited ways the "black boxes" are now used
are just the beginning. I can easily foresee a future where the "black box"
is used for all kinds of more government...
Forum: Jeep December 25th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By mabar
Move mirrors on 2005 Wrangler

Just twist the straps to shorten them. More twists = shorter straps.

Tom

"Don Hamilton" > wrote in message
> I have a 2005...
Forum: Jeep December 25th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By mabar
Move mirrors on 2005 Wrangler

Just twist the straps to shorten them. More twists = shorter straps.

Tom

"Don Hamilton" > wrote in message
> I have a 2005...
Forum: Jeep December 25th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By mabar
Move mirrors on 2005 Wrangler

Just twist the straps to shorten them. More twists = shorter straps.

Tom

"Don Hamilton" > wrote in message
> I have a 2005...
Forum: Jeep December 24th 06, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By mabar
Wrangler Rental

My wife and I will be in Charleston, SC in mid-January for about a 5 days. I
was thinking of renting a 2007 Wrangler while we are there.

No Wranglers available at Hertz, Avis or Budget. Anybody know...
Forum: Jeep December 20th 06, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 59
Posted By mabar
AutoZone rant

Agreed!

"Kate" > wrote in message
snip

> THEN he wrot 'Until you stop mixing in politics, I want nothing to do with
Forum: Jeep December 20th 06, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 36
Posted By mabar
Darn Tire Pressure sensors

Me too - plain 'ol air.

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> I have 78% nitrogen in my tires.

Forum: Jeep December 18th 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By mabar
Weeping gear oil 95 YJ

I had the same problem with my son's '94 YJ. An easy fix would be to pop out
the rubber fill plug and let it drip out until it stops dripping.

That fixed our overfill problem.

Tom

"jerryg"...
Forum: Jeep December 13th 06, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By mabar
OT - newsgroup help

I put Bill in my killfile last week and finally have some peace.

For the last couple of years, Bill H. has been the most disruptive person on
this newsgroup. Constant bickering, constant arguments,...
Forum: Jeep December 12th 06, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 64
Posted By mabar
What do you do with your old coolant?

That would be the city sanitary sewer system which is OK, not the storm
sewer drain out in the street.

All your toilets, sink drains, and floor drains inside your house go to the
sanitary sewer...
Forum: Jeep December 9th 06, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 64
Posted By mabar
Coolant suprise

And usually coolant leaking into the passenger side floor.

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> The heater core went in...
Forum: Jeep December 7th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By mabar
gears ot tires

No, the wider tire footprint tends to "float" on the snow. The slightly
narrower footprint digs in for better traction.

Tom

> wrote in...
Forum: Jeep December 5th 06, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 88
Posted By mabar
Got it again in the Jheap Chatroom

That's exactly your problem, Bill.

You go on and on and on and on forever with this nonsense.

Let it go so we all can have some peace.

Tom

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in...
Forum: Jeep December 3rd 06, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 88
Posted By mabar
Dear Mr. Hughes...

It seems like Bill is always making someone mad.

I sometimes wonder if all Bill's good Jeep knowledge is worth all the
trouble he causes on this newsgroup.

Bill, your ridiculous, and almost...
Forum: Jeep November 23rd 06, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By mabar
Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you all have
a great day celebrating with family and friends. To those not in the USA,
please also have a great day!

Tom
Forum: Jeep November 22nd 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By mabar
CJ Mexico trip (long)

Wow! Sounds like quite an adventure!

I am VERY reluctant to ever go to Mexico, mainly for security reasons. Some
of the things that I have heard (please correct me if I am wrong:)

1. Corrupt...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By mabar
More light from an XJ?

Here is how you do it in a Wrangler. Not sure if this applies to an XJ.

http://www.tmar.net/fog_lights.htm

Tom

"Carl" > wrote in...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By mabar
More light from an XJ?

I just installed a pair of H6024XV, Sylvania Xtra-Vision, Halogen Headlights
on my '06...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By mabar
More light from an XJ?

Not in Ohio. In Ohio, it's perfectly legal to run high-beams and fogs
together, as long as there is no on-coming traffic.

Tom

"Jeffrey DeWitt" > wrote in...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By mabar
The reviews are in and they're not good.

Edmunds did point out some the great off-road abilities of the new Wrangler
in these two paragraphs:

"Saying the Wrangler made the trail easy might be putting it lightly.
Tackling the Rubicon...
Forum: Jeep November 17th 06, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 24
Posted By mabar
97 jeep wrangler mismatched tires causing steering problem??

What "crappy" BFG tires are you talking about. I had 5 - 31 x 10.5 x 15 BFG
All Terrain TA's on my '02 Wrangler and I thought they were great tires.

Tom

"Outatime" > wrote in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58