Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Forum: Technology March 19th 09, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
VIN <-> manufacture date

Is a the vehicle manufacture month/year encoded in the VIN somehow? I
mean, is it possible to figure out from the VIN which month the
vehicle was manufactured on? (w/o having to use a service like...
Forum: Technology October 29th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Matrix, Yaris hatchback - cargo conceal cover?

On Oct 29, 10:55*am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Oct 28, 10:02*am, Bubba Bubbs > wrote:
>
> > Toyota Matrix, Yaris hatchback - is there some kind of aftermarket
Forum: Technology September 17th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Car eats oil - oil change interval?

On Sep 12, 7:13*pm, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote:
> Eats oil? Is it chewey?
>
> You should change it more often, while its still thin enough to drink.
>
> --
> Paul Hovnanian * *...
Forum: Technology September 5th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech

On Sep 4, 5:02*pm, Frank <frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet> wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Sep 4, 2:54 pm, Brent P > wrote:
> >> You need to find where...
Forum: Technology September 4th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech

On Sep 4, 2:54*pm, Brent P > wrote:
> You need to find where the oil is going. Leaking it is one thing,
> burning it is another.

No oil leaks. My mechanic says the...
Forum: Technology September 4th 08, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Car eats oil - oil change interval?

2001 Corolla CE; 140,000 miles; city driving, 12-15k/year:

Car eats a quart of oil every 300-400 miles (ran it low on oil a few
years ago.) I’ve just been adding a quart of 10W30 (hi-milage)...
Forum: Technology August 18th 08, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Headlights - high beams ok, no low beams

On Aug 5, 7:17*am, zzyzzx > wrote:
> I wouldn't trust a visual test on a light bulb. *They could still be
> both bad. *Check the filaments with a voltmeter set to ohms.

If the...
Forum: Technology August 4th 08, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Headlights - high beams ok, no low beams

Honda Civic LX 1992:

When I turn the headlights on, the low beams are out on both sides.
When I switch to high beams, they both come on fine.
The bulbs are good - I checked visually - they aren't...
Forum: Technology April 23rd 08, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 233
Posted By [email protected]
Yaris, Scion xD, Honda Fit - no water temp gauge

On Apr 22, 5:30*pm, "John S." > wrote:

> If you want a temp gauge, just add an aftermarket one on one of those
> baseline cars you mentioned.

How is such an aftermarket temp gauge...
Forum: Technology April 4th 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota

On Apr 4, 12:34*pm, "Mike" > wrote:
> * If you maintain the vehicle well you should not have any cooling system
> problems. If a guage is that important to you you can always...
Forum: Technology April 4th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 233
Posted By [email protected]
Yaris, Scion xD, Honda Fit - no water temp gauge

I've been thinking about what my next commute car is going to be. 80
miles/day, it's just me and my briefcase, so thinking of a small
vehicle with great gas mileage. Yaris hatchback, Scion xD, or...
Forum: Technology May 30th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Help! car eating a lot of oil.

On May 29, 10:01 pm, "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom>
wrote:

> A quart per 1,000 miles is considered acceptable for warranty purposes. If
> you are using 1 quart per 240 miles, the...
Forum: Technology May 30th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Help! car eating a lot of oil.

On May 29, 12:40 am, wrote:
> 2001 Toyota Corolla CE, 1.8L, AT, 124,000 miles.
>
> For the past two years or so (40 K miles worth), the car has been
> eating about 1Q of oil...
Forum: Technology May 29th 07, 07:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Help! car eating a lot of oil.

2001 Toyota Corolla CE, 1.8L, AT, 124,000 miles.

For the past two years or so (40 K miles worth), the car has been
eating about 1Q of oil every 1 thousand miles. So I've been just
checking the oil...
Forum: Technology March 19th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
Q: new shocks/struts - when?

2 more questions:

1. Would worn struts/springs affect how quckly the wheels get out of
alingnment?
2. Will I need to get alignment done after replacing the struts/
springs?

thx

On Mar 16, 10:17...
Forum: Technology March 16th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
Q: new shocks/struts - when?

How do I know when my car needs a new set of shocks/struts?
The car is a 2001 Corolla CE, 121,000 miles. The suspension feels
pretty soft - much softer than that on my 1992 Civic LX...
Forum: Technology July 18th 06, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Q: '92 Civic cabin filter

Thanks! I wasn't sure.

TeGGeR® wrote:

> There is no cabin filter in the '92-'95 Civic.
>

> --
> TeGGeR®
Forum: Technology July 17th 06, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Q: '92 Civic cabin filter

How do I acces the cabin filter (for the AC/heat vents) on a '92 Civic
LX?
Is it an easy DYI job to change the filter?

thanks
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18