Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe[_6_]
Forum: Saturn August 27th 06, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Hotter Plugs for 1995 SL1

> Here's a link that might give you some direction.
> http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/techtips.asp?nav=31000&country=

Thanks Ken. I leart' sumthin' new today!
--

Joe in...
Forum: Saturn August 27th 06, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

>> I won't comment on #2 or #3, but a straight bar of steel can be purchased
>> in the form of a metal ruler at Staples, OfficeMax, etc. If you want to
>> get fancy, buy a ground rod or bar at...
Forum: Saturn August 26th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Hotter Plugs for 1995 SL1

>>I've heard some folks talk about running hotter plugs to keep them from
>>fouling on the SL1 engines that burn oil. Anyone know what plug is
>>actually
>>"hotter" than stock? I stopped at the...
Forum: Saturn August 26th 06, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Thumping Noise Over Bumpy Roads

"teem" > wrote in message
>I really hope theres nothing wrong with the suspension sounds like
> somethings loose on the...
Forum: Saturn August 26th 06, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Hotter Plugs for 1995 SL1

I've heard some folks talk about running hotter plugs to keep them from
fouling on the SL1 engines that burn oil. Anyone know what plug is actually
"hotter" than stock? I stopped at the local...
Forum: Saturn August 26th 06, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 20
Posted By Joe[_6_]
engine rebuild questions

"CBrooks" > wrote in message
> Am considering options with a 93 dohc that has one #3 cylinder running
> 180psi. Engine...
Forum: Saturn August 22nd 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Well, back to the SL1

Had the chance to "swap" my 1995 SL1 for a 2002(?) SW2 wagon. My SL1 has
160,000 miles, eats oil and is stick. The SW2 is auto, doesn't eat oil and
has less than 60,000 on it. It is also in...
Forum: Saturn August 15th 06, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Best tires to buy for SW2

> You want some awesome winter tires, try studded ones. I use them on my
> plow trucks, they are a bit noisy at times but the traction is ice and
> snow is incredible.

....And not legal in some...
Forum: Saturn August 8th 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
2001 "S" series?

> See comments below ... Good luck with your vehicle search. I'm not sure
> what other issues you have had with your 1995 SL1 or what mileage you have
> put on it either.

I've posted here on and...
Forum: Saturn August 7th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
2001 "S" series?

>I didnt mean to sound abrasive, lol, but you didnt give us a whole lot to
>go
> by there , Joe, if ya leave us guessing, youll problably get the wrong
> answer. :-)

Sorry. I'm so used to people...
Forum: Saturn August 7th 06, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
2001 "S" series?

>>I think that's what it is. 57,000 miles. Very good buy to me if I
>>choose
>>to get it.
>>
>>Any issues like the 1995 "oil burner" I've got now or something similar
>>that
>>would make me want...
Forum: Saturn August 6th 06, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe[_6_]
test 4

"Ray Cassick (Home)" > wrote in message
> Please use the .test groups in your newsgroup listing for this.
>
> "JJ"...
Forum: Saturn August 5th 06, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
2001 "S" series?

I think that's what it is. 57,000 miles. Very good buy to me if I choose
to get it.

Any issues like the 1995 "oil burner" I've got now or something similar that
would make me want to avoid this...
Forum: Saturn July 28th 06, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Clutch Adjustment

1995 SL1 - 5 speed

Is the clutch adjustable or self-adjusting?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/5apkg
Forum: Saturn July 25th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
How Bad Before the Rings Go?

> I would agree. For the poster who has now referred to snapping a ring
> more than once - can you provide the basis for your thinking that your
> Saturn will do this? I've never heard of it...
Forum: Saturn July 25th 06, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Clutch Adjustment?

1995 SL1, Standard 5 speed (obviously)

Any adjustment to the clutch? Any source for the on-line service (big)
manual in PDF?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother...
Forum: Saturn July 25th 06, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
How Bad Before the Rings Go?

> I've got a friend that has been driving a car for years that requires
> adding a quart every couple hundred miles.

Is their car a Saturn with the same engine as mine? Mine went from a quart...
Forum: Saturn July 25th 06, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe[_6_]
How Bad Before the Rings Go?

How bad does the engine oil burn get before a ring goes south beyond daily
use?

I've oil-fouled a plug once. It burns almost a quart per 1,000 miles on
average - depending on if I'm traveling or...
Forum: Saturn July 24th 06, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe[_6_]
1995 SL1 - Most Miles?

Clutch is getting close to "fully extended" and I expect it to slip a bit.

What's the mileage record on these engines (that notoriously eat oil)?

I'm at 160,000 now and expect to either drop a few...
Forum: Saturn July 16th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe[_6_]
Saturn Sky

> Saturn dealers are going belly up by the boatload, at least where I live
> (NYC).
> I would look for the Pontiac version if I were you.

Look for the Opel version...
--

Joe in Northern, NJ - ...
Forum: Saturn July 15th 06, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

To finally answer the original post - as well as this new one, I boldly
proclaim that...

> The 0.060" gap for '96 was an error. It also should be 0.040". In
> addition to other suggestions,...
Forum: Saturn July 11th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe[_6_]
1995 SL Missing Cyl.

"wavy" > wrote in message
> Sure Joe,

CLIP

wavy,

Thanks for the god info. Bottom line is I commute 70 miles daily...
Forum: Saturn July 10th 06, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe[_6_]
1995 SL Missing Cyl.

Missing cylinder sporadically...

Newish plugs, newish wires... Felt like it was running on 3.5 plugs for a
month, now it feels like 3 plugs the entire time...

I've heard it could be a simple...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23