Showing results 1 to 25 of 96
Search took 2.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NewMan
Forum: Chrysler April 27th 10, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By NewMan
2002 GC Headlight Problem...

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:57:45 -0800 (PST), Bob AZ >
wrote:

>On Feb 16, 7:59?am, Newman > wrote:
>> Here's a weird one...
>>
>> Most of the time, but not...
Forum: Chrysler February 16th 10, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By NewMan
2002 GC Headlight Problem...

Here's a weird one...

Most of the time, but not *all* the time, I only have one headlight!

This all started a few weeeks ago. I thought I had a burnt out bulb on
the driver's side. So when I was at...
Forum: Chrysler February 1st 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By NewMan
1994 Caravan 3.3 low speed idle.

<SNIP>
>> > This makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside as I am in the process of
>> > buying a 1995 Caravan 3.3 right now ;) It probably needs a power
>steering
>> > pump but that is small beans...
Forum: Chrysler November 26th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 22
Posted By NewMan
dealer service centers.

Oh!!!!!! you are LOCAL! :)

I live in the lower mainland, and I have had pretty much the same
experiences as you when it come to dealerships. Most seem to be utter
idiots.

HOWEVER! After a 16 year...
Forum: Chrysler November 26th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By NewMan
Intermittent Transmission Leak

My money is on the solenoid pack.

If in doubt, get a FULL engine shampoo (top and bottom), and then add
some "UV Tracer" to the trans fluid.

Next time it leaks, hit it with UV Light and voila! You...
Forum: Chrysler September 27th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By NewMan
99 Caravan; brake lights on left turn

Seems to me there is a switch at the bottom of the steering column.
This switch controls both the cruise control, and the rear brake
lights. I had a problem in my 1994 where the brake lights came on...
Forum: Chrysler July 10th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By NewMan
Now I know what the PT in PT Cruiser stands for.

While I am no big fan of the PT, I have to concur that your are likely
being ripped off. We had government vehicle inspection here in my
province for decades. Finally, they had to do away with it by...
Forum: Chrysler July 10th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 19
Posted By NewMan
Gallons! How to tell the fuel computer to use proper UK Gallon

At the risk of getting into semantics....

The Imerial Gallon is 4 quarts also! However the Imperial Quart is 40
fl. oz. - whereas the American Quart is 32 fl. oz.

That makes an Imperial Gallon 160...
Forum: Chrysler May 31st 07, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By NewMan
Mini-Van Brake Shake

I have a 2002 Grand Caravan. I too have noticed that when coming down
long hills that the more I use the brakes, I start to get shudder
(although in my case is think it is coming from the...
Forum: Chrysler May 15th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By NewMan
2004 T&C Howling Rear Hubs

Yes, you never said what, exactly, was replaced to fix the problem the
first time. Was it the hubs?

What was the explanation for why the problem happened in the first
place?

I never let a shop get...
Forum: Chrysler May 14th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By NewMan
Ddid they ever figure out the transmission?

My understanding was that the final wrinkles were worked out in models
shipped after 2000. With anything that is still "factory" prior to
that, you take your chances.

To my knowledge and...
Forum: Chrysler May 10th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By NewMan
Mini-Van Sway Bar Links

My 2002 Grand Caravan started clunking right after a major service a
few months ago. I took it to my favorite shop, and they diagnosed it
as the sway bar links.

I got to watch the process, and was...
Forum: Chrysler May 9th 07, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By NewMan
Gas Mileage problem -Solved!

On Tue, 8 May 2007 16:55:41 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

>"NewMan" > wrote in message
>> Hi...
Forum: Chrysler May 8th 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By NewMan
Gas Mileage problem -Solved!

Yes, this is what I usually do as well. Fill to full, and record the
kms on the ODO. That is the REAL measure, although there is some
subjectivity to what is "full", but since I pump it the...
Forum: Chrysler May 7th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By NewMan
Gas Mileage problem -Solved!

Hi All,

Remember when I purchased my newer 2002 Grand Caravan? And how I
simply was NOT satisfied with the mileage???

Well I am in to solving problems, and have a warranty, so all kinds of
things...
Forum: Chrysler April 18th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 20
Posted By NewMan
Trouble playing burned audio CDRs in Sebring

Thanks for the heads-up.

Notwithstanding that, I sincerely hope this helps him. Buying a NEW
piece of hardware, you always ASSUME it will work. It is nothing short
of a pain in the neck if it does...
Forum: Chrysler April 17th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 20
Posted By NewMan
Trouble playing burned audio CDRs in Sebring

HI "Mac".

Been there, done that many times before - allbeit not with car audio.

However, since you point out that your OLD burner worked and your NEW
burner does NOT work, $10 says that the...
Forum: Chrysler February 14th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By NewMan
transmission problems

And a GOOD tranmission shop wont charge you one penny to read the
codes!

When I had problems with my 1994 GC, the trans shop read the codes for
FREE in less than 5 minutes. They kept the van for a...
Forum: Chrysler February 2nd 07, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By NewMan
2003 GrCaravan leaing trans solenoid - deductible

Just out of curiosity, how many miles/kms on your van?

I have a 2002 GC, when I purchased it the oil underneth looked like
the head gasket was gone. I purchased the extended warranty - and in
the...
Forum: Chrysler January 8th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 25
Posted By NewMan
Black boxes

More reliable????

I have calculated the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) for Electronic
Assemblies using the MIL-STD-217E.

I can tell you definitively that todays cars are NOT more relaible
than...
Forum: Chrysler December 18th 06, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 69
Posted By NewMan
Rented a RWD Magnum in wintery Montana - Yuk!

So Dodge is finally catching up with GM!

My Dad's 1967 GM pick-up has limited slip differential, 292 Straight 6
with top-loader 4 speed.

He purchased it new in 1967, and has beat the crap out of it...
Forum: Chrysler December 11th 06, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 69
Posted By NewMan
Rented a RWD Magnum in wintery Montana - Yuk!

Funny....

My Mom used to drive a Volkswagen Square Back. 1500cc "Pancake 4",
RWD, Engine over the rear wheels.

That car could - and DID - go ANYWHERE.

Volkswagen's Adverts used to say something...
Forum: Chrysler December 6th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 17
Posted By NewMan
how to program key fob

When I purchased my 2002 GC, I insisted on them getting me an owners
manual. I am glad I did.

I do recall reading in the manual how to program a new FOB into the
system, and for that make and model...
Forum: Chrysler November 29th 06, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By NewMan
1991 Plymouth Acclaim Vibration

I had a 1994 Acclaim which made a nasty vibration sound - just like
you describe. Put the car in "N" and noise went away!

In that year there was some sort of heat shield above the exhaust and
below...
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By NewMan
2002 Grand Caravan battery replacement

Make sure you get an electrical system check to ensure there is not a
low level drain on the system.

When I purchased my 2002 GC, it had sat on the lot for six months, and
it would not start, so...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 96