Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian \Grimace\ H.
Forum: VW air cooled November 8th 06, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Carb Q's

Hey everyone, got my motor jus about finished time to get the carbs in a
general range before i fine tune em on the car.... so heres my Q?

i have dual 40 drla dell's and they are bone...
Forum: VW air cooled October 9th 06, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Battery Size?

yes because its sealed, and afaik yes a bit spendy compared to the average
65dollar FLAPS battery but you pay double an usually get about triple the
longevity

--
~Brian 69' Fat Cali Girl
workin...

check craigslist SF bay area I think isaw a listing for fastback for about a
grand on there with pics..

--
~Brian 69' Fat Cali Girl
workin on a new motor

listen to Jim, he's smart!

--
~Brian 69' Fat Cali Girl
workin on a new motor

"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled September 30th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Lights are killing the engine/wont start now

it sounds like, you may have a hotwire to the coil that grounded out when
the lights got turned on...
thats just a wild guess though
check the coil, see if yer getting voltage to the + side
then...
Forum: VW air cooled September 29th 06, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Window Seals and Bug Tow Questions

look on thesamba.com for a used towbar
"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> Don't buy cheap window seals. You see too many cheap...
Forum: VW air cooled September 29th 06, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 35
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
New Project, first in Ramva ( I think)

congrats Jan!!
you probably dont reckognize my screen name it has changed a coupl times due
to ISP swaps, but ive lurkes and posted here for a couple years.. anywho
congrats!

Brian
69 cal style...
Forum: VW air cooled September 20th 06, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
New engine

check out www.thesamba.com

lots of classified there, also forums.. and if you go on the engine forums
im sure someone would gladly let you knwo who the decent / rebutable vendors
are...
ive...
Forum: VW air cooled September 15th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Cleaning Heat Riser Tube

i havent done it personally... but was with a friend when he did his...
toss the hydrachloric in... then spray it down with water after a couple
seconds... viola done and done. works like a...
Forum: VW air cooled September 15th 06, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Piston question.....

ive been asking questions on this NG and the sambas forums for about 8
months now...
its so much to take in.... tell ya what if i went into air cooleds the
way i do a 350small block id be...
Forum: VW air cooled September 15th 06, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Piston question.....

thanks very much... i knew i had heard the name before but never
remembered whether it was good or bad.. this is my first aircooled
rebuild....
"Anthony W" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled September 15th 06, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian \Grimace\ H.
Piston question.....

how good is Mahle brand for quality?

im getting ready to rebuild my 1600 and a friend has a set of 85.5 mahles
he gave me with about 1500 miles on them... maybe less because he went to
90.5 ...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12