Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Forum: Ford Mustang April 24th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel touch up paint?

i kind of figured i would have to pop the center cover off and take it
in and try and match it. but i hate to go by the cap on a touch up
tube. it would be nice to know a code.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 24th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel touch up paint?

anyone know how i can find out what color i need, to repaint a wheel
that got the paint scraped off the edge while installing a new tire on
the rim?
they used plastic rim guards, but it must have...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 19th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Rearviw mirror removal suggestions please for 2005 GT<<<TIA>>>

there is no screw on the newer ones. it is a breakaway mirror in case
you smack it with your head in an accident. i hear if you can heat the
glue enough and get it off the glass, you can smack the...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 13th 06, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
hello from france need a little help about "anti -theft ignition"

what i would check first is the fuel pump shut off reset in the trunk.
it is a safety device that shuts off the fuel pump system if you are
in a crash. look in the owners manual and it will show it i...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 28th 06, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Green 3 year anti-freeze only? 2000 GT

i am wondering if anyone has asked their service department whether
they have changed this requirement since the owners manual was printed
for my 2000 GT.
my book says use only green 3 year anti...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 22nd 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
NoOption - question on your tires

that is interesting. tiresplus handles them 40 miles away. how do the
sidewalls feel in hard corners on the AVID h4s? how many pounds
pressure is max?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 07:23:04 GMT,...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 17th 06, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
NoOption - question on your tires

tiresplus has the fuzions for $135 nearby.
how do they corner? i thought i read one review on a webpage that they
had soft sidewalls. i wonder what air pressure people are running when
they complain...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 16th 06, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
NoOption - question on your tires

i am considering them along with others. i just don't know what i can
get locally in a kumho. i guess all winter to shop. i will park it for
the winter on the old tires.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 16th 06, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
NoOption - question on your tires

thank you so very much. i thought had seen someone mention the flex in
the sidewall.
i really like the way the original gatorbacks handle with 35 pounds in
them. i can't understand why they get such...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 16th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
NoOption - question on your tires

i see you bought the general exclaim UPT.
i was wondering how they handle. i don't spin my tires, but i corner
hard. is the sidewall as stiff as gatorbacks, or does the sidewall
give more and feel...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 13th 06, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rear end growl carrier bearings? 2000 GT

i looked at my universals. gonna try them and see. they have a grease
track around the knuckle, so the sealed grease, must not have been
sealed real well. that would explain the patterned noise at...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 11th 06, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rear end growl carrier bearings? 2000 GT

i am hearing a growl from the left side of the rear end. i have
smoothed the rear disks and pads. i don't think it is brakes. my tires
are bad, and they do sing on pavement, but i hear a growling...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 8th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Can anyone explain this wierd behavior??? (Unable to fill tank)

different stations have different pump pressures. a higher pressure
will kick the auto shutoff. try refuelling on the lowest detent on the
handle, and if it still kicks off, pull the nozzle out...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 1st 06, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Question about the 05+ V6 and Exhaust Systems.

no they won't do it. because they are louder and some people don't
like that.
i have a 2000 GT and after 3 years i put on magnaflow cat backs and
you could feel the difference the first time you...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 30th 06, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Tremec T-45 question - torx size

never mind, i found the fill plug on the passenger side. the mount was
blocking it. no torx needed.

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:32:35 -0500, wrote:

>i am beginning to wonder if that is the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 30th 06, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Tremec T-45 question - torx size

i am beginning to wonder if that is the fill port. i read the fill
plug is on the passenger side today. i will have to look again.
i did not see a hex drive fill plug on the same side as the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 30th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Tremec T-45 question - torx size

i am going to change the fluid for the 1st time in my 2000 GT.
i have a tremec t-45 and it appears the filler plug is a torx.
i will have to borrow or buy one, can anyone tell me what size torx
the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 26th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
pinging problem 01 Gt

i would check your EGR valve. see how strong the spring is.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:11:53 -0500, "Charles \(Defiant\)"
> wrote:

>Hey guys, I have a 01 Gt convertible that pings...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 21st 06, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
2000 GT gas mileage? can't believe mine

i did something like this, only on the street in first gear, not on a
dyno. i did it the first three times i drove it out on the street
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

On Wed, 19...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 19th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Starting car -first time in 12-15 months - any special precautiopns

what year of car is i? i know if it was mine i would unplug the coil
wire on a points car, or unplug the fuel pump fuse on injected, and
crank it over a few times for 30 or so seconds to pump some...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 19th 06, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
2000 GT gas mileage? can't believe mine

thank you for all your responses. i am still trying to figure out if
the changing rear end fluid and new modifier made a difference or just
weather changes. i will have to see what i get when it is...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 12th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
2000 GT gas mileage? can't believe mine

i forgot to say, i do have BBK equal tuned headers, and magnaflow
catbacks. but didn't notice a mileage change after the cat backs, or
the headers were added. i have no other mods whatsoever...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 12th 06, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
2000 GT gas mileage? can't believe mine

i am having a hard time believing how good of gas mileage i am
getting. i don't baby my car but don't beat it either. the most i had
ever gotten for mileage was 28 mpg on a straight interstate at...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 5th 06, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Emergency brake COIL spring on CALIPERhelp

i made the mistake of thinking that the bolt holding one side of the
coil spring used on the emergency brake lever on the caliper was
preloading the spring so i took it out. oops. does anybody have...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24