Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chuck[_1_]
Forum: Saturn May 20th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Saturn SL2 96 no reverse

Here we go again!
You have a loose input shaft nut. About $12 worth of parts - 4 hrs.
labor.
I've had mine replaced by Saturn Service for $282.
Forum: Saturn May 9th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Smithhaven Saturn, Long Island...

I believe the number is: (888) 754-0236
Forum: Saturn April 12th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Apr 12, 11:48 am, <IYM> wrote:
> If you can post when they do open or
> if you see anything regarding phone numbers or an actual "grand opening"
> date plastered outside the building, please let...
Forum: Saturn April 12th 07, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Apr 9, 10:37 am, <IYM> wrote:
> So anyone who drives by the area, if you can report back that they're up and
> running, I (and my Dad, neighbor, and a few other friends and Saturn owners)
> would...
Forum: Saturn April 4th 07, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
2007 Saturn Vue vs 2008 Vue

On Apr 3, 8:51 pm, "marx404" > wrote:
> Hmm, so will this VUE be built in Mexico or Korea?

"Ramos Arizpe" here we come . ....
Forum: Saturn April 3rd 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
2007 Saturn Vue vs 2008 Vue

On Apr 2, 11:55 am, wrote:
> However is there any compelling reason to wait and purchase a 2008?

Maybe if you like your cars made in Mexico!;-)
Best time to buy a 2007 -...
Forum: Saturn March 23rd 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
So,What Models Are Going,& Arriving?

On Mar 22, 8:22 pm, teem > wrote:

> .what about that Rally?, is it headed for the ''boneyard''?.

Do you mean the...
Forum: Saturn March 23rd 07, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Looking at buying an older vue

Just steer clear of any 4 cyl. with the VTi auto transaxle.
We have an '03 FWD 3.0 l V6 w/ 75k miles.
Oil changes are a pleasure.
Mileage is about 26-27 mpg.
No problems except a couple of wheel...
Forum: Saturn March 23rd 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Help!

You might also want to peruse this forum . . .
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35787
Forum: Saturn March 15th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Belt is screeching again

I've had this sympton on my '95 SW2 for years. The belt squeals
sometimes for a few seconds after first starting the engine. I've
changed the belt and pulled off the pulleys to check the...
Forum: Saturn March 15th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Vue suspension rattle/creaking...

My sister lives in St. James and told me about this a couple weeks
ago. Hopefully this is the beginning of a Saturn turnaround. I'm in
Nassau and haven't been too pleased with the 2 dealers that...
Forum: Saturn February 3rd 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
which year was the bad saturn?

We've had 3 S-series in the family for many years (94 SW2, 95 SW2, 96
SL2). The '95 SW2, with 128k miles, is still used daily. The
biggest, and probably most endemic problem I've had is the...
Forum: Saturn January 18th 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
ANGER! Saturn Vue Back Latch Repair

For manuals, try
https://saturn-publications.com/saturn/catalogMainCategories.do
If you still need help, try http://www.saturnfans.com - left side
column, down towards the bottom under VUE Tech
Forum: Saturn January 13th 07, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 19
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Sheesh what happened to Saturn?

Definitely NOT a "Different kind of car company" anymore!
It looks like all of their vehicles will just be rebadged products from
other divisions before long.
The polymer side panels - their best...
Forum: Saturn December 18th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Vue Recalls ???

Maybe you're thinking of this:
Campaign #04067001 - Replacement of Rear Lateral Link Assemblies (Link
Kit 15249340)
Forum: Saturn December 3rd 06, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
2003 VUE Oil filter change problem $&^%$!

Ivanna Pee wrote:
> Who is over-designing this simply and frequently used interface to the cars?<

The same clowns who are under-designing the "ball" bearings in the
Wheel Hub Assemblies!

your...
Forum: Saturn December 1st 06, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
2008 Malibu and Aura interior

And wouldn't ya think GM could make better use of their creativity by
using it to increase the quality of their existing products, rather
than dreaming about this kind of silly...
Forum: Saturn December 1st 06, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

marx404 wrote:
> Looks like GM is at it again with cross sharing, . . . .<

Seems to me that Saturn is rapidly becoming a puppet show.
If you're just going to rebadge some other divisions products,...
Forum: Saturn November 7th 06, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
99 SL2 w/Transmission Clunkage and Slippage

I found my post from Aug. '05 after doing the job myself . . .

OK gang - here's my experience with this common S-series tranny
problem.
I have a '96 SL2 with 118k miles. All of a sudden I was...
Forum: Saturn November 6th 06, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Heretic Scribe wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get
> ahold of those ATTA or TAAT manuals for the transaxle?

My '95 owners manual says you can get service manuals from Adistra Corp
in Plymouth,...
Forum: Saturn November 2nd 06, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
99 SL2 w/Transmission Clunkage and Slippage

The Input Shaft Nut has come loose. Had this happen on my '95 and '96.
It's only about $15 worth of parts (nut & gasket), but it's not a fun
job. I did it once myself and had Saturn do it for $280...
Forum: Saturn July 6th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
1998 Saturn SC1

SnoMan wrote:
> When you first start up, the altenator can create a lot of drag for a
> few seconds when it first starts and can can a loose belt to slip.
> -----------------
Hmmmm. I also think it...
Forum: Saturn July 6th 06, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
1998 Saturn SC1

SnoMan wrote:
> Belt is likely glazed and slipping a bit under friction heats it up
> and it stops slipping. You might check altenator bearings but if they
> are good, try replacing belt.
Forum: Saturn July 6th 06, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
1998 Saturn SC1

I've also been trying to diagnose a squeal on my 95 SW2. It only lasts
for a few secs. after first starting the car. I removed the idler and
tensioner pulleys yesterday and both bearings feel fine....
Forum: Saturn July 1st 06, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Chuck[_1_]
Angry on Long Island!!!

I think it's pretty obvious by now that Saturn will be GM's next
Oldsmobile.
http://www.newsday.com/business/local/longisland/ny-bzsat0623,0,6948253.story

GM definitely ruined a good thing. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25