Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Blake
Forum: Technology May 31st 07, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Blake
Possible to Improvise Rings and Head Gasket?

> wrote in message

> Maybe the way to do this is look at the later daihatsu offerings and
> see if one of the...
Forum: Technology May 31st 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Blake
Possible to Improvise Rings and Head Gasket?

Forum: Technology May 31st 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Steve W." > wrote in message ...
> Blake wrote:> Which engine? The 1.0 or the 1.3?
>
> Rock Auto shows gaskets for the 1.0. BECK/ARNLEY Part #...
Forum: Technology May 30th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Blake
Possible to Improvise Rings and Head Gasket?

Earlier this month, while doing smog-check maintenance, noticed that the oil
filler cap on my '89 Daihatsu Charade pops up and almost falls out when I
rev the engine from idle to 1500 rpm. Lots of...
Forum: Dodge May 21st 07, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Blake
Evaluating a Used Car - DipStick (Oil) Reading

"april1st" > wrote in message
> They oil may be contaminated due to excessive blow-by caused by worn
> out piston rings...
Forum: Chrysler May 21st 07, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22

"april1st" > wrote in message
> They oil may be contaminated due to excessive blow-by caused by worn
> out piston rings...
Forum: Technology May 21st 07, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25

"april1st" > wrote in message
> They oil may be contaminated due to excessive blow-by caused by worn
> out piston rings...
Forum: Technology May 11th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Blake
Failed Smog - Any Clue in the Numbers?

Thanks for the tips. This was very helpful.

After reading them, I did some checking. The bottom line (so far) is that
the engine idles normally with the EGR valve removed and a big gaping hole
in...
Forum: Technology May 11th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Blake
Failed Smog - Any Clue in the Numbers?

My car failed the California smog check today. I talked with three mechanics
in town about my repair options, and all three tell me I need to buy the
diagnostic package and see where we go from...
Forum: Technology August 6th 06, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Blake
1993 Mazda Protege' has no spark?

"coldje" > wrote in message
> Thank you to everyone who has responded. I've heard from two sources
> that it might be...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10