Showing results 1 to 25 of 113
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Real Bev[_1_]
Forum: Driving December 19th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Smart car, safety & regulations

Studemania wrote:

> Do I dare mention my late beloved Fiat 850 Spyder? (In which I
> passed a roll-caged 240Z going down a mountainish road near Los
> Gatos?)

I drove a friend's 240Z once. It...
Forum: Driving December 19th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
US DOT Report Confirms Speed Not Major Accident Cause

necromancer wrote:

> > wrote:
>>
>>Consider the possibilities: no more speeding tickets, but the cops
>>would give the survivors of a crash an IQ test...
>
> Shouldn't...
Forum: Driving December 19th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Nate Nagel wrote:

> necromancer wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/26/2627.asp
>>>
>>> US DOT Report Confirms Speed Not Major Accident...
Forum: Honda November 29th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota,misc.consumers
Replies: 59
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Jiffy Lube, Honda, and the Wallet Flush

MG wrote:

> My local Honda dealers go 22.95-26.95 for oil changes. Cheaper than Jiffy
> Lube. I trust them a bit more.

I don't trust dealers either -- it's entirely likely that they give you
an...
Forum: Driving November 1st 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Always replace headlights in pairs - HAHAHA

Pope October XXXI wrote:

> > wrote:

>> The troll probably uses the high beams as 'spare bulbs'
>
> Likely the OP operates in darkness. It may be mental darkness...
Forum: Driving November 1st 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Larrybud wrote:
>
>> Except for the fact that you're probably saving yourself a trip to
>> the auto parts store, since the other will soon be burning out as
>> well (they DO...
Forum: Driving October 30th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,az.general
Replies: 106
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Speed cameras cause panic braking....

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> > wrote:
>
>>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>>
>>> The portion you quoted is from the conclusion where they simply ignore
>>> this inconvenient little...
Forum: Driving October 30th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,az.general

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> The portion you quoted is from the conclusion where they simply ignore
> this inconvenient little fact and talk ONLY about *work-zone*
> locations where the differences were...
Forum: Driving October 27th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 29
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
$1.99 Gas Hits NJ! today!

necromancer wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:42:05 GMT, GK >
> wrote:
>
>>Being a frequenter of the gasbuddy.com website, I saw that gas was $2.06
>>for regular at a...
Forum: Chrysler October 20th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 24
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Auto Battery Recharging Time

Erehwon wrote:

> How long should a car have to run to bring a good battery back up to full
> charge after starting? Parents have a year and a half old battery in their
> car. For the past 6...
Forum: Driving October 3rd 08, 04:51 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.rail.americas,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Carl Rogers is a jackass

Odo wrote:

> On Oct 1, 8:12 pm, The Real Bev > wrote:
>>
>> So what's the big problem?
>
> Lemme see:
>
> (1) Has a silly made-up name for the hobby of Roadgeeking that...
Forum: Driving October 3rd 08, 04:47 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.rail.americas,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Carl Rogers is a jackass

Master_Shake wrote:

> I once emaild him, asking if it was really neccesary to post updates
> on his coordinates program every day. Wouldnn't it be better to post
> an update like every 15% or so?
Forum: Driving October 2nd 08, 06:49 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.rail.americas,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Carl Rogers is a jackass

necromancer wrote:

> > wrote:
>
>>So what's the big problem?
>
> His site is like cheap port wine that he passes off as Dom Perignon.

So what? Does it cost you...
Forum: Driving October 2nd 08, 02:12 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.rail.americas,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Carl Rogers is a jackass

Got a question here. Carl puts up stuff of interest to people
interested in California highways. He doesn't demand money. He doesn't
pass himself off as an ousted Nigerian finance minister. He...
Forum: Driving August 24th 08, 04:19 AM Posted to misc.consumers,alt.politics,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Millions of tires subject to recall due to blowout hazard

AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:

> > wrote:
>> http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/consumer/recalls&id=6338125
>
> not tires, tire stems

Can you still get metal...
Forum: Driving July 28th 08, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Parking Rage

Brent P wrote:

> On 2008-07-27, Thomas Avery > wrote:
>> with a small bag. She went to the Porsche and it seems she had paint in bag.
>> She proceeded to spray paint...
Forum: Driving June 16th 08, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Wrong side fueling - revisited

ChrisCoaster wrote:

> On Jun 15, 6:23 pm, The Real Bev > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > My local Costco (Van Nuys, Los Angeles County) gas station has...
Forum: Driving June 15th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

wrote:

> My local Costco (Van Nuys, Los Angeles County) gas station has the
> cheapest gas around ($4.519 for regular unleaded) and almost always
> has lines. The Costco...
Forum: Driving June 9th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 38
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
car accident, do I need to repair the car with insurance money?or keep it

Scott in SoCal wrote:

> > wrote:

Forum: Driving June 6th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott in SoCal wrote:

> > wrote:
>
>>I've had this occur a few times with minor "accidents" that weren't my
>>fault. I'll go to a few places and get the highest possible...
Forum: Driving June 6th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
A REAL solution to high gas prices in the U.S.A.

wrote:

> Then there are more practical and enforceable methods of getting cars
> off the roads during rush hours, such as capping the number of times
> parents can take...
Forum: Driving May 6th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
Driver ticketed while trying to avoid a MFFY driver

Rahul Dhesi wrote:

> How and where do you draw the line at enforcing the law?

Who cares? Push the ******* over the edge with a bulldozer and
everybody else will be much better off. The...
Forum: Driving January 17th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 46
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
** Slow Drivers Get TICKETS ! <= Keep Right EXCEPT to Pass! **

gpsman wrote:

> Uh huh. And that's why I retired at 50, farting through silk, because
> I'm stupid.

Randy H? Is that you?

--
Cheers,...
Forum: Driving January 7th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,rec.motorcycles.dirt

Rider wrote:

> "Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
>> fragile desert environments?
>
> If that's not an oxymoron, I don't know what is.

Exactly. The fragile desert will kill...
Forum: Driving December 20th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to ba.transportation,misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By The Real Bev[_1_]
What he really meant to say