Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Todd Wasson
Forum: Simulators November 12th 09, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Todd Wasson
GPL Salisbury diff preload

Sounds good. :-)
Forum: Simulators November 12th 09, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Todd Wasson
GPL Salisbury diff preload

Let me expand on this just a bit. To start out with, let's define
"preload torque" as the amount of torque required across an axle
(inputs from the wheels) to allow differential action to occur,...
Forum: Simulators November 12th 09, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Todd Wasson
GPL Salisbury diff preload

A Salisbury is just an LSD that can have separate coast and power
locking, if I'm not mistaken. No difference in the math there.
You're probably already doing a Salisbury without knowing it.

As for...
Forum: Simulators January 31st 09, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Todd Wasson
Angular acceleration and rolling resistance

On Jan 29, 5:40*pm, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> > Concerning the other posts: *There is indeed a change in rolling
> > resistance with slip angle. *Also with slip ratio. *The example...
Forum: Simulators January 26th 09, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Todd Wasson
Engine and reaction torques and inertia

On Dec 2 2008, 8:12*am, jlevick > wrote:
> Thanks for your response Jeff!
>
> > You're assuming each wheel get's equal torque?
>
> In the absence of a differential (see my...
Forum: Simulators January 26th 09, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Dec 1 2008, 10:16*am, jlevick > wrote:

> So I end up with a drive torque and a reaction torque at the wheel,
> but I'm not sure how to apply/combine these to get the...
Forum: Simulators January 26th 09, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0

On Jan 18, 7:45*am, "Ed Medlin" > wrote:
> "Zach" > wrote in message

Forum: Simulators April 12th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25

On Apr 10, 6:44�pm, wrote:
> > Yeah, I just got myself a copy of SAE950311 on the subject. Still
> > missing Milliken&Milliken's bible though.
>
> amazon.com, or direct...
Forum: Simulators April 1st 08, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 25
Posted By Todd Wasson
Pacejka magic formula, longitudinal force and slip ratio

On Apr 1, 2:47�am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> Never thought I'd see you post here Todd. Thanks for the info.
>
> Getting back on topic, I would assume that low profile tires, like...
Forum: Simulators April 1st 08, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Mar 18, 4:39�am, wrote:
> Hello,

<snip>

> Benoit Germain

Slip ratio generating force does seem strange at first, but that's how
it works. If you imagine 4...
Forum: Simulators October 30th 06, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Todd Wasson
RACE demo help

Lancelot wrote:
> I downloaded RACE demo and when trying to install it hangs early at a DX
> install screen? Anyone else have this issue?

Just wait it out. It can take a couple of minutes before...
Forum: Simulators October 30th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 21
Posted By Todd Wasson
racing legends update - 3 years, 1 week and counting

Marni wrote:>
> Interesting. Did he also mention something about release of RL?
>
> Martin Knud

Nobody knows when it'll be released, not even Gregor or Chris. Chris
is enjoying the process of...
Forum: Simulators October 30th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

wrote:

> Three years is actually a long time in sim development.

For a company like Simbin or ISI that is using a ready made engine and
has a team of nearly 50 people...
Forum: Simulators October 30th 06, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 21
Posted By Todd Wasson
racing legends update - 3 years, 1 week and counting

RL is not dead, folks. It's been in development all along. They just
stopped updating the web site with news, that's all.

I spent four days at Gregor Veble's house a few weeks ago and we...
Forum: Simulators August 31st 06, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Todd Wasson
Lateral force on wheels - friction

Jeff Reid wrote:
> > The car is barely moving sideways, but the slip angle is still +90 degrees,
> > so you get a kick back the opposite direction, now it's -90 degrees
> > slip angle, so you get...
Forum: Simulators August 30th 06, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

Wrza wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This question is more about simulating physics than simulating exactly
> cars. We have lateral force acting on a car's wheels. Let's assume the
> car is moving sideway with the...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16