Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bryanska
Forum: Technology August 24th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By bryanska
Steam from oil fill hole, while car is hot -- what's up?

> Do you see any gunk in there when you look in at the filler cap? Any milky
> looking stuff on the dipstick? Any oil slick in the radiator? Smoke out
> the tailpipe?
>

> No way to tell if there...
Forum: Technology August 24th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By bryanska
Steam from oil fill hole, while car is hot -- what's up?

Just put my wife's 2002 VW Golf up on stands for an oil change. The
car is at HOT operating temp, so I thought I'd grab a beer before
pulling the filter.

I pulled the plug, and it's draining fine....
Forum: Technology June 29th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By bryanska
Old unused oil filter OK to use?

A guy on Craigslist is giving away some unused oil filters. They're my
size and type.

Only trouble is, they're old. A year or two.

Does age affect unused oil filters?
Forum: Technology October 31st 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By bryanska
Slightly used car battery OK to buy?

Local Craigslister has a battery that would fit my car.

The story: they bought it at WalMart, 6 year warranty, didn't mention
the brand. It was purchased charged, and used once to start a...
Forum: Driving January 21st 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By bryanska
Sacrificing my windshield (and wallet) for SCIENCE (and the edification of RAD readers)

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
> > Am trying a new product... PIAA "super silicone" wiper blades. I go
> > through wiper blades - even the supposedly good Bosch ones - like
> > popcorn,...
Forum: Technology September 7th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By bryanska
Brake noise when braking moderately at 55 MPH down to 50 MPH

I just replaced my Alero's pads and rotors, with new Hawks and Brembos,
respectively. Bled the system, pedal is firm. Used plenty of
anti-squeal, and the Hawk pads came with a rubber coating. All...
Forum: General August 27th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By bryanska
Odometer Error On Carfax Report

> I'm buying a used car from a guy. His pics show the odometer to be at
> 9000 miles. The Carfax report says the mileage is 14, 327. Something is
> not right. This guy says that Carfax does not know...
Forum: General August 27th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By bryanska
New to leasing - is it an option I should consider?

If you lease, you'll wind up paying more overall even if you buy the
car. Because then, you'll pay closing costs on another loan (unless you
pay cash). Add the numbers up.

Additional leasing costs...
Forum: Technology August 27th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By bryanska
I rounded the bleeder screw - what now?

UPDATE -

A few lessons about Alero bleeder screws:

1) They are impossible to find. Advance Auto, Checkers, Bumper to
Bumper, and a local shop didn't have them. Napa came close, but not
quite. I...
Forum: Technology August 27th 06, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By bryanska
I rounded the bleeder screw - what now?

Hi,

I bled the brakes in my 2002 Alero yesterday, for what I plan is the
only time. I'd like to know the bleeding process I'll have to follow,
now that I have to replace one bleeder screw.

Two of...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10