Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Clap Trap
Forum: Jeep November 27th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Clap Trap
HELP - '99 XJ Buzz/Vibration/?

DougW wrote:
> Mike Romain wrote:
>> J. Clarke wrote:

Forum: Jeep November 26th 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Clap Trap
HELP - '99 XJ Buzz/Vibration/?

Following up....

Found the problem. Front wheel bearing was shot. It was odd that there
were no driving symptoms and no change in/out of 4wd. But it's fixed
now and quiet as ever.

-clappie
Forum: Jeep November 16th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Clap Trap
HELP - '99 XJ Buzz/Vibration/?

Hello all - it's been a while since I've poked my head in here, but I
hope all is well with y'all.

Anyway, my '99 XJ (AW4 tranny) has developed a very strange
buzz/vibration that I just can't figure...
Forum: Jeep April 27th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Clap Trap
47 Willy's

BTW, It's "Willys" as in Willys-Overland. Not "Willy's" as in belonging
to a guy named Willy.

Mike chambers wrote:
> Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work .
> Not sre...
Forum: Jeep October 23rd 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Clap Trap
Questions on brake rotors

They are different sizes so they may not be interchangeable. I don't
recall which dimension is different. Seems like one is 3 1/16 tall, the
other is 3 3/16.

Kevin in Iowa wrote:
> I am getting...
Forum: Jeep July 30th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Clap Trap
TJ Hardtop Roof Racks?

> TJ hard tops have a hard enough time holding themselves up without
> adding weight. They tend to sink in the middle. I'm not sure I'd put
> much on top of them.
>
> tw

The two kayaks together...
Forum: Jeep July 29th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Clap Trap
TJ Hardtop Roof Racks?

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a TJ with a hardtop, but have a bit of a
problem. I need to be able to carry two Ocean Kayaks on top - with the
top on. Does anybody make a roof rack for...
Forum: Jeep May 13th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Clap Trap
2001 XJ Radio Access?

Hmm - I'm interested in what you find out. I'd like to tie my iPod into
it as well. If you find out how to do it, please post info back here.

kokonutty wrote:
> After some googling, it looks like...
Forum: Jeep May 11th 07, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Clap Trap
2001 XJ Radio Access?

> Does that bezel (about 12-14 inches wide and 18-20 high) just pop out
> if pulled in the right place? Where's the right place?

If it's like my '99 model, yes - just pull on it and it pops right...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 65
Posted By Clap Trap
D-C might become just D and C

Sweet! But where will they put the seven slot grille?

Frank_v7.0 wrote:
> A 4.0 I-6 Harley? With 2WD! (front and rear)
>
> Clap Trap wrote:
>> Hmm - a two cylinder air cooled Jeep?

Forum: Jeep February 15th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 65
Posted By Clap Trap
D-C might become just D and C

Highcountry wrote:
> How about the new 2008 Jeep "Fat Boy"???
>
> Harley Davidson could buy JUST the Jeep group and jettison the newer
> B.S. products, then...
Forum: Jeep February 15th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 65
Posted By Clap Trap
D-C might become just D and C.

Wouldn't it be great if Jeep broke off and became its own entity again?
Maybe then we could dump the libby, IFS, and get a small Jeep again.

Wishful thinking I know. Sigh...
Forum: Jeep November 28th 06, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Clap Trap
OBD-II Scanners

I have a slightly older version of this:

http://obddiagnostics.com/

Don't let the low price fool ya - it works great.

twaldron wrote:
> I'm looking for a scanner, finally. Does anyone know...
Forum: Jeep August 31st 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Clap Trap
99 Jeep Cherokee

Battery maybe? If the voltage is below a certain threshold, the
electronics won't let it run even though you have lights and radio.

Try jump starting it.

MPW wrote:
> Went out to start my Jeep...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14