Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Grumps
Forum: BMW January 15th 07, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Grumps
Electric windows opening all by themselves!

Hi All
'99 530d
My wife, the main driver, has just told me that when she returns to the car,
she notices that all 4 windows are sometimes open. The amount varies from
slightly, to half way.
What...
Forum: BMW October 24th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Grumps
320d turbo 2001?

John Burns wrote:
>> How common is the 320d turbo failure? I have a 2001 and am a little
>> concerned its eventually going to cost me a bob or two, Is it
>> avoidable, and what exactly is the cost...
Forum: BMW October 14th 06, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Grumps
petrol in diesel

Jo Ling wrote:
> Fellow BMW owners,
>
> This didn't happen to my 525TDS, but it did happen to my Renault
> Scenic CDi ( a common rail diesel) so I thought I'd ask the experts
> anyway.
> Two weeks...
Forum: BMW October 14th 06, 08:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Grumps
Getting hail damage repaired on 2006 530

Richard Sexton wrote:
> In article >,
> Dale \"Mad_Murdock\" White > wrote:
>> My friend believe I should stomp and scream...
Forum: BMW September 30th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 47
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem - update - finally sorted

Grumps wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm not 100% sure of the netiquette associated with providing an
> update to a recent thread. I'm sure, if you're like me, that you
> don't read old threads, so I thought...
Forum: BMW September 14th 06, 07:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By Grumps
New to group

And don't top post :D
And use a proper sig separator (dash dash space).

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> The second thing to do is make sure you do not post to a Text Only
> group in HTML or Rich...
Forum: BMW September 5th 06, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem

Nick wrote:
>> Tell me, I'm assuming that there is a small pump (fuel lift pump?)
>> at the top end of a pipe (or tube) that enters the tank at the top
>> and goes to the bottom. If there were an air...
Forum: BMW September 4th 06, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem

Richard Sexton wrote:
>> Could it also be a filter problem?
>
> Could be. Keeping filters fresh is the #1 most important thing ever
> secret to a happy diesel.
>
> But a dirty one won't give you...
Forum: BMW September 4th 06, 08:32 AM Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.autos.bmw

Jan Larsen wrote:
> Grumps wrote:
>> Hi All
> > If you can recall, I have an old BMW that has an intermittent
> starting
>> problem. It is not frequent, but has happened again. I'm pretty sure
Forum: BMW September 4th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.autos.bmw

Weatherlawyer wrote:
> Grumps wrote:
>>
>> If you can recall, I have an old BMW that has an intermittent
>> starting problem.
>
> How the hell are we supposed to recall this on a new thread, you
Forum: BMW September 3rd 06, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem

Eric @ TWC Business Class wrote:
> "Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Grumps
Forum: BMW September 3rd 06, 08:11 PM Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 47
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem - update

Hi All

I'm not 100% sure of the netiquette associated with providing an update to a
recent thread. I'm sure, if you're like me, that you don't read old threads,
so I thought I'd make a posting...
Forum: BMW August 25th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem

Richard Sexton wrote:
> In article >, Grumps
> > wrote:
>> Grumps wrote:
>> OK. Our local garage has checked all possible issues and has found
Forum: BMW August 24th 06, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Grumps
Diesel starting problem

Richard Sexton wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply Richard.
>> Problem is, I don't know how my engine is wired either! There must
>> be, as you say, a large fuse and a relay to switch the glow-plugs
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14