Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J B
Forum: Saturn September 9th 06, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By J B
Finally, new tires

Rather than post a follow-up to my thread regarding tires, if it's still
there, I thought I'd post a quick message thanking everyone for their
input here.

I did end up buying the Goodyear Allegra's...
Forum: Saturn August 31st 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 38
Posted By J B
Direction GM's taking Saturn

BlaBla wrote: "This is kind of a trollish thread."

Blame me I guess since I started it. I was just curious what you guys on
here thought. And I'm glad I did because I've read some interesting
posts....
Forum: Saturn August 27th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 38
Posted By J B
Direction GM's taking Saturn

I was poking around the SaturnFans website to see threads regarding
tires, and noticed another thread: "The Death of Saturn". It was started
by what appears to be a fairly new saleslady who was tired...
Forum: Saturn August 24th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible ----

BlaBla wrote: "I still have no idea how your intake gasket was "damaged"
unless you're speaking of another part."

Either I wrote it wrong or my posts are running together since I've
written a few...
Forum: Saturn August 24th 06, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

Ok, I've been browsing the on-line parts stores (i.e. Napa Auto), just
to price a horizontal air dam. Couldn't find it anywhere. Is it part of
something else maybe? Or known by another name?...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

Sorry to hear about your SL1 'micven55'. I found the Saturn dealership
here to be very expensive, especially considering the problem still
exists. I know shops at dealerships are more expensive, but...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

I'm learning alot here guys. Appreciate the info. I'll write some of
this stuff down tomorrow after work.

Thanks, Jeff
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

Posted my reply before finishing it. Just wanted to add that Saturn did
check the cooling system on two different occasions. According to them
it was working properly. I will write down what you...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

BlaBla wrote: "...have YOU ever noticed a measurable loss of engine
coolant?"

Absolutely none in fact. I guess it was last winter that Sears changed
the antifreeze to the orange colored coolant...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

James - They did say 'smoke' but since I didn't see it for myself I
don't know if it was steam or smoke. It was a hot sunny day, no rain or
moisture to speak of, so would it have been possible to get...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 17
Posted By J B
Bad news, possible cracked head

Took my SW2 in to Sears Auto for an oil change. After doing the job they
told me to take the car into an engine shop ASAP, because when they
pulled the dipstick out a little smoke was coming out and...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By J B
Well, back to the SL1

Can't answer your question about the price of a used SL1, Joe. As far as
legroom in an SW2 goes I haven't had that problem in mine which is a
2000. I'm only average height though at 5'10". Unless...
Forum: Saturn August 22nd 06, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Thanks Ken. I will be sticking with the 15's. Renewed my membership at
Sam's Club this evening and checked out their tires. I've narrowed it
down to the Goodyear Allegra's and I think the other was...
Forum: Saturn August 19th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

SnoMan wrote: "The S stands for a max speed rating of 99 MPH...".

I try not to drive over 100 mph in my SW2 so that would suit my purposes
I guess. hah

At $41/tire (+ shipping), and a shop in town...
Forum: Saturn August 19th 06, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Couple of more questions for you gents:

What are your opinions on Kumho Touring A/S 795 (Standard Touring
All-Season) tires? Have any of you ever used Kumho tires before?

My original tires are...
Forum: Saturn August 16th 06, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Thanks again Snoman. When I left Montana I remember seeing smokestacks
on the edge of Billings but couldn't see the town from the highway. It
was real early in the morning and I had just driven...
Forum: Saturn August 15th 06, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Snoman, I've received negative feedback from family and friends about my
idea of moving to SLC, so I'm seriously thinking of either Casper or
Billings a little more lately. I was in Helena for 4...
Forum: Saturn August 15th 06, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Thanks for the info guys. It was the Blizzak's I remember reading about
on here about a year or so ago. Don't know why I was thinking it had
"Mountain" in the name.

My location at present time is...
Forum: Saturn August 14th 06, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Thanks for the info William. At least I'll have a good idea of a couple
of brands to check into when I price tires.

Jeff
Forum: Saturn August 13th 06, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

Thanks SnoMan. I'm planning on renewing my Sam's Club membership soon
myself, so that's one of the places I'll be pricing them at. Appreciate
the info.

Jeff
Forum: Saturn August 13th 06, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 23
Posted By J B
Best tires to buy for SW2

About a year or so ago I read a thread on here that mentioned a tire
that some drivers wanted to buy for their Saturns. Seemed the consensus
was that brand was the best and helped make for a real...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21