Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ironhorse
Forum: VW water cooled September 14th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By ironhorse
The Windshield & Rearview Mirror Saga

Joe

I work for a major windshield producer and you're right. The best thing
to attach the rear view mirror is the rear view mirror adhesive. Just
make sure that both surfaces are very clean. The...
Forum: VW water cooled September 8th 06, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By ironhorse
put regular gas in my deisel Jetta by mistake

I did this to my 82 rabbit. We just drained the tank, took the line off
the pump and purged it, took the lines off the injectors and purged them.
Then we put diesel in the tank and bled the air out...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 06, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By ironhorse
Diesel fuel prices

My take (at least why Diesel is more than gas in my area is that Truckers
have to buy diesel but families don't HAVE to go on vacation. So increase
the cost of diesel (which is cheaper to make) so...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 06, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By ironhorse
Owner's Manual Help...

There are two of them for sale on eBay right now.

Dave
Forum: VW water cooled August 23rd 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By ironhorse
where to find rabbit Diesel alternator pulley, the short one?

Try the Parts Place (248) 373-2300. They are a VW only parts dealer. New
and Used. They are in Auburn Hills (Detroit), MI.

Dave
Forum: VW water cooled August 21st 06, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By ironhorse
Engines runs roughly, stalls, exept when accelerating

Mark,

If it has just started since replacing the cap/wires, I would try there
first. Make sure you have the wires in the right order and that the cap
is seated correctly.

I can only speak from...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By ironhorse
85 VW manual idles too LOW

First I would try the fuel filter. It will either be located on the air
box or under the car by the gas tank.

The screw you are looking for is located in the intake casting itself.
Either on the...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7