Showing results 1 to 25 of 103
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eric Baber
Forum: Mazda July 25th 08, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By Eric Baber
Who's here?

Right, we're all too busy out driving, top-down.

Eric

"pws" > wrote in message
> Still here, mostly in lurk mode for now. I suspect that the...
Forum: Mazda May 19th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Eric Baber
Who wants to trade up?

"John McGaw" > wrote in message

Well your posting just caused to highlight only a few of the differences
between the UK and the...
Forum: Mazda May 19th 08, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Eric Baber
Who wants to trade up?

> I always wonder why someone would buy a sweet ride and then drive it fewer
> than 1K per year.

The first time this struck me was when, after living in my then-place for
about 8 months, I saw the...
Forum: Mazda March 14th 08, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Eric Baber
Soft top Question

>> Cripes! I just realized it's been 5 years since we put the "new" top on
>> our
>> '90.
>
> My original 1994 top was fine when I last saw it in May. Been under the
> boot since then. I'm sure it...
Forum: Mazda March 13th 08, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Eric Baber
Soft top Question

> Curious, what year is it???

2008.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Eric
Forum: Mazda March 6th 08, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Eric Baber
?? For Those Using Battery Maintainers??

> OOPS, being retired and with three vehicles in rotation, it is lucky
> to get a run once per week, usually maybe week and 1/2 or two or more
> weeks. So maybe since I have it I better keep using...
Forum: Mazda March 5th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Jazz_Azz" > wrote in message
> On Feb 28, 3:05 pm, Jazz_Azz > wrote:
>> Do y'all...
Forum: Mazda February 25th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 37
Posted By Eric Baber
Crazy beemers

> Might as well ask... do we have a lot of riders here?

An ex-one here, had to sell my Monster a couple of years ago though.

> IMO the Miata is probably the best modern car available for getting...
Forum: Mazda February 4th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Eric Baber
H6024??

"pws" > wrote in message

<snip>

> I am not familiar with the health care system in your country, but I am
> guessing,...
Forum: Mazda November 29th 07, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By Eric Baber
Question on protocol

>> http://pub13.bravenet.com/guestmap/show.php?usernum=1078466946
>>
>> If everyone heads on over there and puts themselves on the map
> that's
>> probably the best way to view it for everyone.

Forum: Mazda November 29th 07, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By Eric Baber
Question on protocol

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "Eric Baber" > wrote:
>
>> The best way really is to put all the...
Forum: Mazda November 29th 07, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By Eric Baber
Inevitable computer arguments

> miker wrote:
>
>> Well, consider robots. Most sci-fi books that feature robots have them as
>> considerably *more* advanced than we've been able to do. And Dick Tracy
>> only
>> missed by having...
Forum: Mazda November 27th 07, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By Eric Baber
Question on protocol

"pws" > wrote in message
> My test stayed up. Eric, if you can delete it, please do so. Otherwise I
> am in two places at...
Forum: Mazda November 26th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By Eric Baber
Question on protocol

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> Hey guys, I've had a great time with the "Where are you and your Miata"
> thread. I'd like...
Forum: Mazda November 14th 07, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Eric Baber
Where are you and your Miata?

Cambridge. The REAL one, in England!

Eric ('91 in red :-))
Forum: Mazda September 28th 07, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Eric Baber
Hurray! Another year of fun!

> Congrats Eric! They just keep going and going and going ..... eh?

They certainly seem to, yes.

> How many miles (please not kilometers for this lazy American ;-) you got
> on the clock?

62...
Forum: Mazda September 27th 07, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Eric Baber
Hurray! Another year of fun!

My 16-year old MX-5 needed its MOT a month ago (MOT being the UK test every
car has to undergo every year to ensure it's safe). Due to a move it's been
sitting in front of my house for that entire...
Forum: Mazda June 23rd 07, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 29
Posted By Eric Baber
Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

"BRUCE HASKIN" > wrote in message
> Eric,
> There is a Right Side and a Left Side to the car. There is no "Wrong"
> side to a...
Forum: Mazda June 23rd 07, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 32
Posted By Eric Baber
Solstice is huge

"Marc Gerges" > wrote in message
> Eric Baber > wrote:
>>> I happened upon a black Solstice a while ago and...
Forum: Mazda June 23rd 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 32
Posted By Eric Baber
Solstice is huge

> There are two of them, the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Skye.
>
> They're very similar but some think the Saturn looks better.

Forum: Mazda June 20th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 29
Posted By Eric Baber
Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

> Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

Very nice, congratulations :-) Nice steering-wheel too. It's on the wrong
side of the car though?!

Eric
Forum: Mazda June 20th 07, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 32
Posted By Eric Baber
Solstice is huge

> I happened upon a black Solstice a while ago and just had to position my
> black Miata next to it for a photo op:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/8782048@N08/571625000/

My God that's ugly. The...
Forum: Mazda May 1st 07, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 29
Posted By Eric Baber
Dodge might try to compete with Mazda.

> Hey, I could even see someone's wife letting him have an Atom, but not a
> bike. "But honey, it's worth the extra money for safety." Heh.

I hadn't thought of that one - let me give it a...
Forum: Mazda April 26th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Eric Baber
1995 MX5 valuation (UK)

"Alex Price" > wrote in message
> Just to clarify, it's not mine that I'm selling, it's a friends that I'm
> thinking...
Forum: Mazda April 26th 07, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata