Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Slick
Forum: Technology December 29th 06, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Slick
88 chevy 454 backfire

curt.bussiere wrote:
> I am at a loss with this one. I replaced the intake and exhaust gaskets
> in my 88 454. She was chugging and had visible and audible exhaust
> leaks. The engine runs great now...
Forum: Technology November 11th 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Slick
Engine identification 64 Ford

Dano wrote:
> I have a 1964 T-Bird that suppose to have a 390 engine. I have found a
> raised casting number on the right front of the block #16 with 352
> underneath. Any idea if this is trully a...
Forum: Technology November 4th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Slick
ford cruise control deactivation to prevent fire

Slick , I have a 2000 ford f-150 ,the best bet is go under the hood and
on the drivers side . You will find a large black box filled with LOTS
of relays.There is one it's a 15amp fuse plus a relay...
Forum: Technology November 4th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Slick
alignment question

Gord_truck I'm old school lol Sounds like an improper alignment-or a
bottom balljoint weak.
My way of fixing this, lift frount off the ground chaulk the centre of
tire, go to the back side of the...
Forum: Technology October 18th 06, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Slick
Chrysler Neon beeps when reaching 120km/h

wrote:
> For some reason my 2003 Chrysler Neon beeps when I reach 120km/h. I
> have checked the manual to see if it is a type of safety device, but
> there is no info in the...
Forum: Technology October 13th 06, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Slick
CHEVROLET VENTURE POPPING NOISE

gord_truck you want to reset you rocker with a feller guage and do a
wet and dry cylender check . This may sound crazy but you may have a
head gasket blown cylender . This can cause this poping...
Forum: Technology October 3rd 06, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Slick
1986 Ford F-150 Help

Hi I'm new here I work only on ford trucks NO! you don't have to pull
any centre doom at ALL.
There is an ekg flex hose don't bend it . you undo the i pan nuts. lift
very little and row the pan.
Yon...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 06, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Slick
Which oil in older car?

gord_truck YOUR ticking sound has nothing to do with oil ---- it's
wear on the rocker hold downs --or rocker arm push rod seat ---or a
push rod end --- check for wear--- you will need rocker cover...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8