Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark[_1_]
Forum: BMW March 21st 13, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Replies: 262
Posted By Mark[_1_]
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistor failures

> > If the failure is that the blower motor doesn't run at all, they are
> > probably failing open. *If the failure is either that the blower motor
> > runs at maximum speed, or a fuse blows, then...
Forum: BMW March 15th 13, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark[_1_]
What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 series BMWtrunk wiring looms?

-

> > i had the exact same thing happen in the rear door wiring in a 95
> > toyota camry.
>
> > Mark
>
> * *Ya, how many "door handles" have broke on you?

snip
Forum: BMW March 14th 13, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark[_1_]
What is the root of this BMW design flaw in all 3,5,7 series BMWtrunk wiring looms?

> the fix is both better wire insulation that doesn't become brittle, AND
> re-routing to avoid the elbow bend. *then you can keep using cheap wire
> and don't need to spend money on the expensive...
Forum: Technology March 3rd 11, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 91
Posted By Mark[_1_]
Consumer Reports: GM's Volt 'doesn't really make a lot of sense'

On Mar 2, 10:36*am, ben91932 > wrote:
> Your points are all valid IMHO Vic.
> I commute 14 mile to work, which would cost me $1.50ish in electricity
> a day and would only need...
Forum: Technology March 2nd 11, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_1_]
95 Camry Ignition problem hard to start :SOLVED :-)

> *Of course a closed throttle means lower cylinder pressures. It is a
> little surprising to me that you never mentioned that the car had a
> tendency to stumble or stall when you tried to...
Forum: Technology March 1st 11, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_1_]
95 Camry Ignition problem hard to start :SOLVED :-)

> To test the coil voltage capability you need to force it to jump a wider
> gap than usual. As a rule of thumb the coil needs to be able to produce
> enough voltage to jump a gap equal to the...
Forum: Technology February 28th 11, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_1_]
95 Camry Ignition problem hard to start :SOLVED :-)

> > When the mis fires happened casued by the carbon track, there was
> > still a spark it's just that the spark happens *at the coil instead of
> > at the plug.
>
> Yes but it is going to appear...
Forum: Technology February 28th 11, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_1_]
95 Camry Ignition problem hard to start :SOLVED :-)

At any rate if he
> was looking at the wave form on an o-scope he should have seen the
> misfires. It's possible he may have been interpreting the waveform
> produced by misfires as a bad dwell or...
Forum: Technology February 27th 11, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 23, 10:54*am, ben91932 > wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2:05*pm, Mark > wrote:

Forum: Technology February 22nd 11, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 22, 1:04*pm, "Bill" > wrote:
> > I replaced the MAP sensor with a junk yard part...no change...
>
> Try replacing the wiring and the connectors to the MAP sensor.
Forum: Technology February 22nd 11, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 20, 10:42*am, Mark > wrote:
> On Feb 20, 10:03*am, "Bill" > wrote:
>

> > > Also I put it in ECM test mode where is sets codes without...
Forum: Technology February 20th 11, 03:56 PM Posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,sci.physics,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Mark[_1_]
Electric Vehicles

On Feb 19, 3:27*pm, "E. Meyer" > wrote:
> On 2/19/11 12:46 PM, in article
>
> , "hls" > wrote:
>
> > "Bret Cahill"...
Forum: Technology February 20th 11, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 20, 10:03*am, "Bill" > wrote:
> > Also I put it in ECM test mode where is sets codes without delay.
> > It
> > set a code 31 twice in that mode, which is MAP...
Forum: Technology February 19th 11, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 18, 3:24*pm, Mark > wrote:
> problem #1 solved, the IAC was stuck, I cleaned that out and idle is
> now good most of the time.
>
> But I'm pretty sure one of the ignition...
Forum: Technology February 18th 11, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_1_]
95 Camry Ignition problem hard to start

problem #1 solved, the IAC was stuck, I cleaned that out and idle is
now good most of the time.

But I'm pretty sure one of the ignition sensor pickup coils inside the
distributor is intermittent, ...
Forum: Technology February 17th 11, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 16, 8:57*pm, Clive > wrote:
> In message
> >,
> Mark > writes>it will usually...
Forum: Technology February 16th 11, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Feb 16, 8:42*am, m6onz5a > wrote:
> On Feb 16, 6:17*am, Tegger > wrote:
>

> > Mark > wrote in news:6a00f53c-eeec-4816-a995-
Forum: Technology February 16th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark[_1_]
U.S. finds no defect in Toyota's electronic throttles

On Feb 14, 10:00*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> In article >, Jack Myers > wrote:
> >Here 'tis:
Forum: Technology February 16th 11, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark[_1_]
95 Camry Ignition problem hard to start

Car runs great but difficult to start sometimes when warm....
No codes are set..

I put a 2 channel Oscope on the IGT and coil primary. I can see that
when cranking and when the RPM is very low,...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 10, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Mark[_1_]
Legitimate need for battery charging or ripoff?

On Nov 22, 3:38*pm, m6onz5a > wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2:22*pm, "hls" > wrote:
>
> > "m6onz5a" > wrote in message news:29dd43dd-If your

Forum: Technology October 27th 10, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark[_1_]
vacuum leak = low mpg?

> Here's how it originally began: I was driving along, then braked. The braking
> felt soft.

could mean you have a sticking brake caliper..

Mark
Forum: Technology October 23rd 10, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Mark[_1_]
1992 Accord Dead~Not the Battery!

honda starting problems can be an intermittent main relay..bad
soldering, easy to fix..

http://autorepair.about.com/od/enginetroubleshootin1/a/honda_hot_start.htm

Mark
Forum: Technology October 23rd 10, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark[_1_]
2000 Ford Taurus in tank fuel pump, make access hole in floor?

On Oct 21, 11:21*pm, "Steve Newman" > wrote:
> "Mark" > wrote in message

> >I have...
Forum: Technology October 22nd 10, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark[_1_]
2000 Ford Taurus in tank fuel pump, make access hole in floor?

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus, the in tank fuel pump needs to be replaced.

Instead of dropping the tank, I am considering cutting an access hole
in the floor as is commonly provided on many...
Forum: Technology March 30th 10, 08:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark[_1_]
Consultants say interference in vehicle electronics is possible

> The AM limit is measured as carrier power, so if you're doing a nice 100%
> modulation then the peak envelope power is actually eight watts because the
> positive signal peaks are twice the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59