Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cedartown Electronics
Forum: Ford Explorer May 21st 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
gear/shift indicator out of position

The cable is disconnected under the truck at the transmission. the Haynes
manual tells how to do it. It takes about 10min at the most. I forget
exactly the steps but you put the truck in drive...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 11th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
"Hum" in air intake in 98 Ford Explorer

I replaced the IAC on my '99XLS and it stopped the "moose horn" I really
don't like a car that moans, it just isn't natural!

"Al Williams" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 11th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Hood Lifter(s) Not Working

I replaced the ones on my '99XLS about two years ago. I used after market
ones from Advance. They are holding the hood up anymore. However they were
easy to put on with the help of a "hood...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 1st 06, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
2003 EXPLORER REAR END NOISE

Ford paid for mine to be rebuilt ('03, 30k miles) and gave me a loner to
drive. They replaced it one week before the 36 mo. ran out. No problem
they just wanted to test it out themselves, of...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 1st 06, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
What to buy ? a 4 cyl SUV ?

Don't know about SUV backseats, but the new Nissan VERSA seats a 6'3''
240lbs person nicely

> wrote in message
Forum: Ford Explorer December 1st 06, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Of Mice And Explorers

I never had them in my Explorer but did in a S10. One ran up my leg while
driving.....It's amazing how high a person can jump with a seatbelt on!

"John B." > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 24th 06, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
1999 ford explorer v6 sohc intermittent dying at startup

I agree it might be the IAC. you might have luck cleaning it, I didn't,
just replaced it while we were at Advance and everything is fine. It's no
big deal!

> wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 12th 06, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Check engine light or OBD2 reader eraser

Go to either AutoZone or Advance Auto and ask them to do a free read on your
vehicle.( I always tip the guy something) Then ask for the code and
problem, post it here and someone smarter than myself...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 11th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
'03 Rear axle whine

Yes mine is still under warranty until the end of the month. The dealer
said that most Explorers have that problem. I was not expecting that part
to be covered.
/Richard

"akheel"...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 10th 06, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
'03 Rear axle whine

Last post on this subject (I hope)

1. Truck went in shop 7/5/06. Service guy carried my wife home. (we live
about 15 miles from shop)
2. Shop delivered truck back at house 07/07/06.
3. Fixed...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 10th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 14
2003 Rear axle whine

Last post on this subject (I hope)

1. Truck went in shop 7/5/06. Service guy carried my wife home. (we live
about 15 miles from shop)
2. Shop delivered truck back at house 07/07/06.
3. Fixed...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 5th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 14
2003 Rear axle whine

Well it really went in today to the shop. 07/05/06 warranty expires
07/31/06. They did not have a loaner car for my wife so the service manager
took her home. Which was pretty nice of them.
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12