Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BCRandy
Forum: Mazda May 9th 07, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By BCRandy
Cockpit cover

Yes, but I've never used it to receive funds. To make it
easy, lets call shipping $5. Email your address to me at
and lets get this off the group. I
can probably mail it...
Forum: Mazda May 8th 07, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By BCRandy
Cockpit cover

Well, after 4 years, I'm saying goodbye to my 2003 - the
lease is up next month. I'll miss her, but work requires 4
doors!

I have a pair of black visor plugs, a round satin black
shift knob, and...
Forum: Mazda April 3rd 07, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 23
Posted By BCRandy
Replacement mufflers/replacement horns for a Miata 2002 LS

I've had a Brainstorm dual outlet muffler on my 02 since new
and love it. Nice growl on acceleration but no drone when
cruising. It installed in 20 min on the factory brackets.
You get a...
Forum: Mazda December 30th 06, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By BCRandy
Help me decide: MX-5 PRHT or BMW Z-4

I shouldn't write when I am tired - I know what I want to
say, but sometimes it doesn't come out as I meant.

What I should have said is, "More Miata owners than Z-4
owners play with their cars,...
Forum: Mazda December 29th 06, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By BCRandy
Help me decide: MX-5 PRHT or BMW Z-4

I think Herm is caught between competing desires - wanting a
fun, good handling, fuel saving car on one hand and a
comfortable, larger, smoother riding car on the other. My
suggestion is to look...
Forum: Mazda December 6th 06, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By BCRandy
Time to get a Sonata!

Hmmm.... More interior room, bigger trunk, more HP per lb,
better mileage, better warranty, and $3000 less than a
Camry.... Maybe so....

"XS11E" > wrote in message...
Forum: Mazda November 16th 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By BCRandy
Replacement horn for '99

I picked up a horn at Harbor Freight - I think it was $5.95.
It is much louder than stock, with a deeper tone. I
installed it using the stock horn's bracket - about 10
minutes. It has been 3...
Forum: Mazda November 2nd 06, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By BCRandy
Power source in trunk

I fly electric model aircraft and need to install a
cigarette lighter style power outlet in the trunk to
re-charge the batteries. Is there a wire in the trunk that
is always hot that I can tap...
Forum: Mazda November 1st 06, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By BCRandy
cold air intake

I had one. It sounded and looked great, but I didn't notice
any performance improvement in daily driving. If there is
any power improvement, it would be near the top of the RPM
range. The...
Forum: Mazda October 13th 06, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By BCRandy
sticker price

Over the years, I've bought 3 Miatas while living in San
Diego. Two of the dealers no longer have their Mazda
franchise. There are currently three dealers in San Diego
County. The only one I...
Forum: Mazda September 8th 06, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By BCRandy
Smooth Gear Shifting ?

Don't know, I've never tried. But from what I've read here,
in a new Miata, one has a choice of getting handling
upgrades (shocks, sway bar, etc) with a 6 speed or a 5 speed
without the handling...
Forum: Mazda September 7th 06, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By BCRandy
Smooth Gear Shifting ?

OOPs - I meant 6 Speed!

"BCRandy" > wrote in message

> said, "That is just the nature of the 5 speed gearbox".
Forum: Mazda September 7th 06, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By BCRandy
Smooth Gear Shifting ?

I've lived with the 6 speed for 3 years now. I found no
difference between Red Line and regular oil. Nothing can
make it shift up to 2nd or 3rd the way it shifts into the
other gears. It feels...
Forum: Mazda September 5th 06, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By BCRandy
OT again: (was Top Headliner)

Thanks to Doug for the reference. Too bad it won't fit my
M2! I guess I'll suffer with the heat....

As for dreams, I'll risk taking this thread into left
field.... There are almost as many...
Forum: Mazda September 3rd 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By BCRandy
Top Headliner

There used to be an insulating headliner available on line
for the convertible top. One summer in Florida has made me
want to try one! I just finished looking at every vendor at
Miata.net trying...
Forum: Mazda August 17th 06, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.aviation.owning
Replies: 3
Posted By BCRandy
aircraft type replacement sun visor for 91 Mazda Miata?

I just removed mine and filled the opening with visor plugs
which are made for that purpose. The plugs are available
from a number of aftermarket suppliers. I use the satin
finished black ones...
Forum: Mazda August 3rd 06, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By BCRandy
Shimmy

I had a 97 with the same problem - a shimmy at 67 to 72 MPH.
It went away totally when I bought a set of Dunlop tires and
had them properly balanced and checked for roundness - just
like the group...
Forum: Mazda July 16th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By BCRandy
monster conversions

I used to live near the folks in Escondido, CA that do the
Monster Miata Ford V8 conversion. Very nice folks. I have
talked with two people in the San Diego Miata Club who had
the conversion...
Forum: Mazda July 6th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By BCRandy
Jackson Supercharger

Is Alzheimer's setting in? Am I making things up? Or are
my old memories close to right?

Isn't there a group on the web that is focused on
superchargers and turbos on Miatas? Also, isn't there...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19