Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jerry[_2_]
Forum: Ford Explorer September 3rd 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
lots o crankin before starting

Finally went back through my records and found that I did have the F/F
replaced about a year (8K miles) ago when I had some other work done. I
remembered having the other stuff done and forgot the...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
lots o crankin before starting

I think taking it in is probably the best idea:
1. he can diagnose for sure if it's a pressure problem. If not he will,
hopefully, be able to diagnose it.
2. any talk of removing the tank puts it...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
lots o crankin before starting

I was just thinking about that. I believe the answer is- never.

AS wrote:
> When was the last time you replaced the fuel filter?
>
> Jerry wrote:
>> I've got a 99 XLT with 4.0L SOHC engine with...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
lots o crankin before starting

I think you hit it. I followed your on/off/on/off... procedure and it
started right up, no visible smoke. So it sounds like the check valve.

How hard is it to change and where is it located?

C. E....
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Esteban wrote:
> "Jerry" > wrote in message
>> I've got a 99 XLT with 4.0L SOHC engine with 137K miles. For quite some
>> time now it...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 30th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
lots o crankin before starting

I've got a 99 XLT with 4.0L SOHC engine with 137K miles. For quite some
time now it takes several seconds or more of cranking before the engine
starts. When it does starts it sometimes stumbles...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 21st 07, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 12
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
'99 Explorer - Several Questions

Tom from WI wrote:
> "> 2. Is it possible to change the factory set entrance code
>> on the 5-button panel on the outside of the driver's door?
> This has got to be in the owners manual. At least it...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 21st 07, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 12
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
'99 Explorer - Several Questions

I haven't had luck at grcery stores but have always found that size at
Walgreens. I'm told you Ford dealer also has them for a reasonable price.

Tom from WI wrote:
> You can find tissue boxes that...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 28th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
removing leather from '91 steering wheel

Old Mechanic wrote:
> On Mar 24, 3:08 pm, "Ulysses" > wrote:
>> "Old Mechanic" > wrote in message

Forum: Ford Explorer September 21st 06, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Jerry[_2_]
99 Explorer XLT ABS and Airbag Lights

Allan wrote:
> cabosammy wrote:
>> I have a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT with 85K miles on it. A couple of
>> months ago,
>> the airbag light started coming on and a couple of days later, the ABS
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10