Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 2.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jonny
Forum: VW water cooled February 1st 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Jonny
air flow meter

If its the mass air flow sensor, you have to set it up. You can just
replace it.
--
Jonny
"vivfazer" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled January 6th 07, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Jonny
1993 Fox Fuel Tank

Did it on an 88 model Fox. Advise replacing the transfer pump as part of
the process. All non-steel fuel hoses, includes those not part of tank
connection, should be replaced while you're under...
Forum: VW water cooled December 26th 06, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jonny
Radiator Shroud Air Duct Covers

Fabricated replacements of these from sheet aluminum. Used the old, worn
out asphalt based stuff for a template. Working now for 8 years, no sign of
wear. 88 Fox GL wagon.

Used same material...
Forum: VW water cooled December 23rd 06, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Mirror

"Jim Behning" > wrote in message
> Jonny wrote:
>> "Jim Behning"...
Forum: VW water cooled December 22nd 06, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Mirror

"Jim Behning" > wrote in message
> Jonny wrote:
>> Remote manual control (cable type) will not...
Forum: VW water cooled December 21st 06, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Mirror

Remote manual control (cable type) will not adjust to full out position or
full up position. Its on the driver's/left hand side. Have examined the
internal cables in the mirror housing. Can't...
Forum: VW water cooled December 9th 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jonny
Red Line Gear Oil

How does one determine if shifting is more difficult due to temperature due
to tranny oil used?

Manual trannies may use nylon bushing in the shifting mechanisms. These get
stiff as the air temp...
Forum: VW water cooled November 23rd 06, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jonny
Engine touble with my 89 scirroco.

"ShaunM" > wrote in message
>I have a Big problem wit my beloved car. I was sat at a roundabout and
> the engine...
Forum: VW water cooled November 18th 06, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jonny
New car

Just wondering. In light of past VWs with excellent gas mileage, excellent
longevity 15+ or more years, maintenance requirements low; not expensive,
easy to work on even with a vague...
Forum: VW water cooled November 10th 06, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Jonny
No wonder

short to mate with speedometer.

Received replacement. Lubed with silicon grease per packaging instructions.
When I was...
Forum: VW water cooled November 10th 06, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jonny
92 Cabriolet heater core, it's supposed to be easy!?!?

"zatatime" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 01:55:41 GMT, "DruG" >
> wrote:
>
>>I could really use...
Forum: VW water cooled November 8th 06, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
88 vw jetta GLI 16v, the same ol hesitation under load stuff again!!!!

"hippy steve" > wrote in message
>i have checked all of those. this just happened out of nowhere.
>
> no leaks,...
Forum: VW water cooled November 5th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Jonny
Need help on finding the battery that fits my 2001 V6 passat

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:43:00 GMT, "Jonny" >
> wrote:
>
>>"livewell"...
Forum: VW water cooled November 3rd 06, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Speedometer cable

"Jonny" > wrote in message
> Speedometer stopped working yesterday. Yesterday evening, I disconnected
Forum: VW water cooled November 3rd 06, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"livewell" > wrote in message
> My car battery died yesterday, and I got a diehard battery at Sear
> today. However, ...
Forum: VW water cooled November 1st 06, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Speedometer cable

Slight discoloration in a few spots. No apparent appearance of stretching.
Guessing the exterior side is stretched some myself. No evidence of any
mechanism to maintain the inside aligned with...
Forum: VW water cooled October 31st 06, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Speedometer cable

Then why is the inside part turning if its broken???
--
Jonny
"none2u" > wrote in message
> Id guess its broken and...
Forum: VW water cooled October 30th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Speedometer cable

Speedometer stopped working yesterday. Yesterday evening, I disconnected
the speedometer cable from speedometer. Removed the driver's side duct and
duct panel from dash. Extended the speedometer...
Forum: VW water cooled October 28th 06, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonny
Volkswagen service or Just Brakes?

"Mike Wolf" > wrote in message
> <<<<I locked in my two mufflers and brake pads at Midas, before their
> warranty went...
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Jonny
Low pressure tires

Good guess, no cookie. Factory steel wheels. No wrecks or accidents.
--
Jonny
"Joseph Meehan" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 06, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Jonny
Low pressure tires

"Brian Running" > wrote in message
>> Awhile back, established at this newsgroup that AC compressor use does
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 06, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Jonny
Low pressure tires

The recommended pressures for forward and aft tires puts the vehicle at
borderline danger from sidewall swaying problems with just one passenger and
no load on my particular vehicle. Adding...
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Jonny
Low pressure tires

That's the problem. What is the correct pressure? VW recommended by the
owners manual, or repair manual for instance, or 32 psi, or what.

I juiced it up to 32 psi anyway today. It rained all...
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 06, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Jonny
Low pressure tires

"wrenchwench" > wrote in message
>A few things. You read 32 psi max on the TIRE. That applies to the...
Forum: VW water cooled October 25th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Gary D" > wrote in message
> My brake pad wear indicator light came on a few days ago for my 2000 vw
> beetle. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76