Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roy[_1_]
Forum: Saturn January 9th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Roy[_1_]
Noise from the front

98 SL1. 175,000km.
I have a noise coming from the front. It sounds almost like I'm driving
along beside a Honda with a fart can muffler. The noise gets louder and
changes tone as the car goes...
Forum: Saturn December 25th 06, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Roy[_1_]
Wheel swap

tirerack.com lists wheels for both cars as having the same or close offset
so as long as they end up with the same circumference they should work.
"lectricmania" > wrote in...
Forum: Saturn October 28th 06, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

Kind of a tight spot to get into with any kind of power tools. I was just
hoping somebody had taken one out and knew a trick.
"NapalmHeart" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn October 24th 06, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

Got the miss fixed. It was the ignition coil. Found what was probably the
cause of the failure or at least contributed to it. Somebody worked on it
before I bought it and snapped off the bottom...
Forum: Saturn October 11th 06, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 25
Posted By Roy[_1_]
SW2 - Trouble inserting key in ignition

Doesn't matter which one he is blamiung, he pointed out that if there is
grease in there and graphite is added it may cause problems. To me graphite
seems like a temporary fix where a new key...
Forum: Saturn September 30th 06, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Roy[_1_]
2001 SL1 misfire trouble

I have what sounds like the exact same problem except mine is cylinder #1.
If you find it let me know. I too have replaced my plugs and wires as well
as cleaned the contacts on the ignition tower....
Forum: Saturn September 22nd 06, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

"BläBlä" >
wrote in message ...
> In article...
Forum: Saturn September 21st 06, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

$70 was the dealer price. I got a set today at Canadian Tire for $30+tax.
About the same as you paid for your 8 wires. They didn't help any so I guess
I'm either getting a new distributor or going...
Forum: Saturn September 20th 06, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

I was going by prices from web sites and forums, it was actually $5.94 plus
tax from the dealer. That was cheaper than the other parts stores which were
around $7-8 but none of them had one in...
Forum: Saturn September 20th 06, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

Thanks, after doing a little more searching I found there wasn't anybody
suggesting cleaning although here in Canada it's more like $15 for the part
(still very affordable). If that doesn't do it I...
Forum: Saturn September 19th 06, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 13
Posted By Roy[_1_]
No power, rough idle

98 SL1, 165,000km
I have rough idle down around 500-750RPM (it usually idles just over
1000RPM). Very little power. When I floor it in neutral the RPM gauge goes
to 4200 and pulses.
Looking under...
Forum: Saturn August 26th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Roy[_1_]
Thumping Noise Over Bumpy Roads

What year/model?
My 98 SL1 does that every time the bracket rusts off my muffler and it start
to bounce around. Not sure about yours but my muffler is on the rear
passenger side.

"teem"...
Forum: Saturn July 8th 06, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 19
Posted By Roy[_1_]
Two Saturns, one key

Back in the good old days I had a similar setup. My friends Dodge truck key
would open the door on my Volare and I didn't need a key to turn the
ignition so if I locked myself out I could just get...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13